Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2014 1:35:35 PM EDT
The measure from Nevadans for Background Checks would extend background checks for all gun buyers, including people who purchase firearms over the Internet and at gun shows. There are some limited exceptions.

The Coalition to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol is pushing the measure to legalize one ounce or less of marijuana for recreational use for people who are at least 21 years old. It would prohibit giving or selling marijuana to minors, driving under the influence of marijuana and using marijuana in public. The Nevada Department of Taxation would issue licenses for the legal pot trade.

http://nraila.org/news-issues/in-the-news/2014/12/nevada-gun-control-initiative-headed-to-legislature.aspx

Posted on December 9, 2014

Link Posted: 12/9/2014 3:19:28 PM EDT
[#1]
So if no action is taken on these petitions by the state legislature, then they go to a public vote?

What are the odds of UBC passing via popular vote in NV? Can't the governor refuse to sign it into law if it makes it to his desk?
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 9:46:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So if no action is taken on these petitions by the state legislature, then they go to a public vote?

What are the odds of UBC passing via popular vote in NV? Can't the governor refuse to sign it into law if it makes it to his desk?
View Quote

Governor already vetoed it once.  The petition was required to bring it up for a vote.  I can't remember exactly but I think it has two options.  If it's defeated in the State Congress it goes directly to a vote but if it's approved our only hope would be Brian vetoing it again.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 10:50:40 PM EDT
[#3]
If our legislature were to actually pass it Sandoval would not veto it.
He's a "Middle of the road" type with aspirations to "Higher office" and would just claim to be following the legislatures lead.

A court challenge is appropriate with all the "Irregularities" tied to this crap.
If that doesn't work it has to be beat at the polls.
If there is another option I don't know what it is, if the legislature amends it before passage the original version AND the amended version BOTH end up on the ballot.
Two versions only makes our fight harder, the Bloom-turd version is so radical that we should be able to beat it since we have time to prepare.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 4:36:43 PM EDT
[#4]
What is the law that requires the legislature to act or it goes to the ballot?

If the legislature acts and then he vetoes it again, would that not kill the initiative?

EIther way, with the SOS office approving the signatures, we are in for a hard fight.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 5:03:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I was told last night that the legislature cannot amend or kill it after passage for three years.
If they amend it in this session the amended and original versions both go to a vote.
So it seems we may want our legislature to just ignore it?

That this is so damn difficult to make sense of is all the proof anyone should need that "The Law" has become far too convoluted to be accepted by the citizens of a "Free" republic.

We need to raise funds for the lawsuit to challenge the certification, I'm donating a new S.I.A. AR 9mm integrally suppressed carbine.
Not certain what the mechanism will be to enter to win it yet.
Additional donations will be welcome, raffle goods or cash to the Nevadans For State Gun Rights PAC.

If the lawsuit fails we will have to kill it at the ballot in 2016.
The Bloom-turd version is so extreme we should be able to do that, but it will take a lot of money and work.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 5:17:30 PM EDT
[#6]
We NEED to also tell our reps to ignore this and let it die.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:35:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Fuck the Wynn Corp.!
Do not gamble, eat, or stay at any of their locations.
Starve the beast.

Do pass this along.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/01/16/wynn-resorts-co-founder-joins-push-to-outlaw-private-gun-sales-in-nevada/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top