Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2014 7:37:53 PM EDT
Has anyone on the board had any experience with using silencer shop direct and new frontier?  How was the process?  Any hiccups.  If guido sees this post maybe he can comment on the process.  

I bought a 7.62 Saker through Silencer Shop using Silencer Shop Direct and am just waiting for the form 4 in the meantime it will be in jail at New Frontier.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:17:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in the same boat waiting on my can.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:36:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm in the same boat waiting on my can.
View Quote

Is your can already there?  I just got the form 3 approval and then will arrive there Wednesday.  Then I play the waiting game.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:54:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes the can arrived at NFA on 9/16/14. I am waiting for the ATF to complete final approval. ATF cashed my check for my form 4 trust on 9/17/2014.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:52:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 8:25:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Its been pretty smooth so far.  Katie at SS has been great getting us all set up and they are very efficient.

No hiccups at all so far.  The only thing stalling any Class 3 transactions is the ATF, which New Frontier Armory nor SS can fix!  ;-)
View Quote

Thanks for response Guido.

Can we bring in our rifles/pistols into the shop to test fit while we wait for our form 4's.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 11:01:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 1:34:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a couple waiting now. Might have been one of the first after posting about the program here and Guido making a deal with them soon after. On Friday I got a letter from the ATF saying there was a problem with Katie not being an approved signor and that they had sent my form 4s back to the transferor for correction. Went down to NFA to get it sorted out today and Cliff said that they already handled it and that it should only delay me a week or so. Hopefully there weren't too many others affected.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 2:35:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have a couple waiting now. Might have been one of the first after posting about the program here and Guido making a deal with them soon after. On Friday I got a letter from the ATF saying there was a problem with Katie not being an approved signor and that they had sent my form 4s back to the transferor for correction. Went down to NFA to get it sorted out today and Cliff said that they already handled it and that it should only delay me a week or so. Hopefully there weren't too many others affected.
View Quote

I got the same letter from the DOJ a couple weeks ago.  Went down to NFA and they already had the mail to take care of it ready to go.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 2:01:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 4:04:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Guido, I forgot to ask Cliff when I was in there but is getting the forms sent back with that error an indication that I am toward the end of the process? Any idea on how much longer it might be?
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 4:54:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 5:00:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Sweet! Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:14:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sweet! Thanks.
View Quote

Andrew when was your check cashed? If you don't mind me asking
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 10:55:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sweet! Thanks.

I used a credit card on the silencer shop direct program and paid for it from the beginning so I don't have a time frame. If you go into the Suppressors subforum in the Armory there is a thread where people are tracking their purchases through the various stages though.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 4:26:08 AM EDT
[#15]
In May I placed an order for a 762-SDN-6 through SS. This was right after SS helped cause the crash the eForm system due to batch filing.... Or so everyone says..  If that's true, THANKS FOR SCREWING THE REST OF US SILENCER SHOP!
SS called me a few days after I had placed my order and said they would need me to drive out of state at least 50 miles one way to pick it up once they found a dealer who would work with them to accept the transfer. I said no way (more like HELL NO), and canceled my order. I had no idea that at the time I placed my order with them that they had no local dealers in their network. Since they had no local dealers, I went to NFA that same day and placed my order for the same suppressor (I think it was like May 29th), and they said it would likely transfer within 60 days to them on form 3 from the dealer they ordered it from. It did. Almost 60 days on the dot. It came in, I got to fondle it, and into the vault it went until I get my ATF approval...
Just a couple days after I ordered it through NFA, SS called to tell me that they and NFA agreed to do business together, and asked it I still wanted to place the order again, I said no, because I had already ordered it from NFA, and the price was really no different.. (I think it was just slightly higher, and I had to pay sales tax. No biggie) Plus I had placed orders with SS in the past for other items, all of which I wound up canceling because they never actually had the parts in stock that they claimed they had.... My experience with them has not been a good one... My experience with NFA on the other hand has always been great!
Anyway... It's been over 4 months since my check was cashed, and I've heard nothing... If it's approved soon, I'll be sure to post so we can keep track of the ATF approval times locally...

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 11:53:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Check was cashed on 11/10/2014.  I got a long way to go.  I will update too for local.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 3:12:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Most recent F4 I did locally took five months.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 7:41:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I just ordered a SS Sparrow from NFA the cost is within $5 of Silencer Shop when all is said and done.

So now the wait begins,  for the Form 3
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 9:39:16 PM EDT
[#19]
My stamp came in today! Picked up my suppressor from NFA about an hr or so ago. Not bad. Just over 5 months turnaround time. Hugo told me last week that he had several stamps come back from the ATF for form 4s that were filed in early July. I didn't get my hopes up, but apparently mine was in that group. They have several suppressors in stock too if anyone's looking. They have the new SilencerCo Salvo shotgun suppressor, and a few other new SilencerCo models... Didn't look at the prices.

Link Posted: 12/4/2014 11:50:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My stamp came in today! Picked up my suppressor from NFA about an hr or so ago. Not bad. Just over 5 months turnaround time. Hugo told me last week that he had several stamps come back from the ATF for form 4s that were filed in early July. I didn't get my hopes up, but apparently mine was in that group. They have several suppressors in stock too if anyone's looking. They have the new SilencerCo Salvo shotgun suppressor, and a few other new SilencerCo models... Didn't look at the prices.  
View Quote

This is good news indeed! I got a couple from August and a couple from Sept. I'm itchin to get back. Congrats get to using that thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top