Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2014 7:02:47 PM EDT

I about shit bricks when I opened my mailbox today and my tax stamp for my SBR was in it. I manually sent it off 4/17/2014 (I didn't have to option to use the e-file system, since it had just crashed a few days before I sent it off), and called the ATF about a month or so ago to check on it just to be told that it was due to be approved NEXT FEBRUARY... That was a little discouraging to hear... So, not thinking I would even see the stamp show up 'till next year, made this a total surprise today. It also alleviated any worries I had that I didn't fill out everything
correctly on Form 1, or that there might be an issue with my Trust paperwork.
I did it all correctly! Waddayaknow!

I'm curious if anyone else has had fast turn around time for their Form 1s as well? I hope my Form 4 goes just a s fast.. My suppressor is in silencer prison at NFA, and my Form 4 was sent off 7/3/2014, so I'm hoping I'll be getting a call from NFA to come pick up my suppressor by mid October... I've heard Form 4s take less time to approve than Form 1s. I guess we'll see. Anyway, it made my day getting the SBR tax stamp today!
Glad I had the lower engraved a couple weeks ago!
Stories are boring without a few pics!

Noveske 300 Blackout SBR

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 7:34:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I e-filed mine. 20 day turnaround.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 7:50:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
DAAAAAAAAAAMN! 20 days?! Wow. And here I thought just a little over four months was fast....

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 7:58:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I heard a report from another who efiled with a 21 day turn around.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:35:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I sent a paper form 1 in about 6 weeks after you, and of course the e forms came back up about a week later.  I hope they are catching up on the backlog.  Would be a credit to the BATF&E for doing a good job.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:48:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I sent a paper form 1 in about 6 weeks after you, and of course the e forms came back up about a week later.  I hope they are catching up on the backlog.  Would be a credit to the BATF&E for doing a good job.

View Quote

I was seriously shocked that I even had my stamp already. I opened the envelope thinking "Oh, boy... What did I do wrong on the form when I filled it out...", then immediately saw the stamp as I opened up the form, and said YES! Hopefully yours will be coming soon too. If it was 6 weeks after I filed my paper form, then maybe you'll see it in the next month or so if they're catching up. I may SBR another lower now that I know there's a good chance that it's a short wait filing via eforms... I have a couple different muzzle devices I would like to be able switch back and forth between, and pinning, and unpinning all the time isn't cheap. Pinning it twice would have already paid for the stamp and then some.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:55:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the good wishes, I went paper because I already have one lower SBR'd, so the wait doesn't matter (too much.)  

I would never pin a barrel as the complications are just too much if I wanted to change something out.  

Since I also have a dedicated .223 suppressor I had no interest in pinning an AAC mount.  

I hoped to receive this stamp before Christmas and that is still my hope.

Your shorty is very well thought out, nice rifle I hope it shoots as good as it looks.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Thanks for the good wishes, I went paper because I already have one lower SBR'd, so the wait doesn't matter (too much.)  

View Quote

I would never pin a barrel as the complications are just too much if I wanted to change something out.  

Since I also have a dedicated .223 suppressor I had no interest in pinning an AAC mount.  

I hoped to receive this stamp before Christmas and that is still my hope.

Your shorty is very well thought out, nice rifle I hope it shoots as good as it looks.
Thanks! I think it turned out pretty nice. After shooting it with the 10.2" barrel that's on it, I decided that I'll probably never even use the other 14.5" 300Blk complete upper I built for it. (Which is for sale or trade if anyone's looking for an awesome complete Noveske Gen III .300Blk Upper...)

Without zeroing the scope at all, and shooting while standing at a 100 yrd paper target, I was about 3" to the left, and 2.75" low from center. Now that I have the stock on it, I'll go sight it in from a bench and see how much better I can get it. I didn't take much time with it, since I was really just testing it for the first time to see if there were going to be any issues. If fired every round flawlessly. I really want to get it dialed in with the suppressor on it, but I'll just have to wait for that...
hopefully not too much longer.

If my stamp was any indication of paper forms moving faster, then I would hope you get yours before Dec...

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:41:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Not as high tech or as fancy as the one shown above. Mine was a more budgeted of a build. A few things will probably change later down the road as funds allow. But for now I used what I had on hand. 223/5.56, 10.5", 7 twist. Magpul stock and grip. Sampson rail. Jewell 2 stage trigger. Leupold 3-9x32 compact in an Armalite 1 piece mount. Cheap 45° BUIS. Thread on SAS suppressor is out getting cerakoated.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#9]

It's going to be hard for me to conjure up a better selection of parts than I did the first time, but I'm anxious to try.  

I see in other forms that turn around times are approaching 4 months for paper submitted trust F1's...  If so I might be only a month away from #2.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 8:46:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Just checked the mail box, Oh happy day!

May 27th submitted

Check cashed June 4th

Approved Sept 1st

Received Sept 8th

2nd SBR fourth stamp.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 9:12:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Was that to a trust?
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 9:17:30 PM EDT
[#12]
e file next time...
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:35:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Was that to a trust?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was that to a trust?

Yes, preexisting. Just an amendment to the schedule A.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:13:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

e file next time...
View Quote
Same here, now that the efile system is up, that's how I'm filing any future Form 1s. I hope they get Form 4 on it again. A couple months ago Ivan from NFA told me that they had a meeting with the ATF and Form 4 was still going to be awhile.. Like after the new year. Pretty sure that's when he said anyway, which i can believe. They're in no hurry, that's for sure.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:14:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Not as high tech or as fancy as the one shown above. Mine was a more budgeted of a build. A few things will probably change later down the road as funds allow. But for now I used what I had on hand. 223/5.56, 10.5", 7 twist. Magpul stock and grip. Sampson rail. Jewell 2 stage trigger. Leupold 3-9x32 compact in an Armalite 1 piece mount. Cheap 45° BUIS. Thread on SAS suppressor is out getting cerakoated.  

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/Lance30/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140907_162021_999_zps84816e1f.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/Lance30/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140907_161953_276_zps39ad4976.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/Lance30/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140907_162106_526_zps38af1042.jpg
View Quote
I like it!

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:16:03 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Just checked the mail box, Oh happy day!

View Quote

May 27th submitted

Check cashed June 4th

Approved Sept 1st

Received Sept 8th

2nd SBR fourth stamp.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:55:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was that to a trust?

Make sense then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top