Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2014 5:08:56 PM EDT
Anyone having any luck finding .22 LR ammo locally?  I had a significant stash, but the inability to replenish it over the last year has taken its toll.  Just wondering if anyone is starting to see stock anywhere or if it is still impossible to find.

ETA: I should add that I regularly check my local Wal-Marts without any success.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:30:04 PM EDT
[#1]
No luck for me either.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:05:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Spurlocks gets some in from time to time.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:53:23 PM EDT
[#3]
The Sportsman's Warehouse in Carson had a lot last Friday.  I was in CC to get my truck worked on and went in just to check the store out.  Big line, maybe 30 deep, waiting for their 1 box of 100+ or 3 boxes of <100.  Came back later after the line was gone and they still had a bunch of CCI standard velocity and Mini-mags.  Picked up 3 boxes of Minis.  I guess this happens every Friday.  Don't know if there's a SW in LV though.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:54:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I still have a good stash but look every chance I get near a LGS, I haven't seen any either. I also look for it when ever I'm in Wal-Mart, even have the wife trained to look if I'm not with her  Last time we found some 22lr was Winchester bulk nearly a year ago I did see 50rd boxes of Armscore 22lr at NFA last week or so... this stuff didn't shoot worth a shit in any of my 22's when I tried it a few years back so I passed.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 11:14:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discount firearms had some a while back but it was at Obama panic peak prices so I passed.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 11:27:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Ammo supply warehouse in Pahrump. PALLETS.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 11:42:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Sportsman's Warehouse in Carson had a lot last Friday.  I was in CC to get my truck worked on and went in just to check the store out.  Big line, maybe 30 deep, waiting for their 1 box of 100+ or 3 boxes of <100.  Came back later after the line was gone and they still had a bunch of CCI standard velocity and Mini-mags.  Picked up 3 boxes of Minis.  I guess this happens every Friday.  Don't know if there's a SW in LV though.
View Quote

every friday they get shipments.  I usually walk in around 10am looking for powder and don't bother to look for 22lr.  I laugh about the people waiting in line to buy their 1-3 boxes and asking about how the sign says bulk is 300+ rounds and the box they're buying is only 200 so it shouldn't be bulk.  I've told the employees they should take photos of the lines and share them.  I can't believe people are still treating 22 like it's silver/copper/gold.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 8:20:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Their website list .22LR at $55 plus a brick.. NO THANKS.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:26:06 AM EDT
[#9]
That gun shop, forget the name, on blue diamond west of bass pro always has it buts it's upwards of $60 a brick. They have bulk pack cheap stuff, precision, and gemtech subsonic.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:30:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Miwall had plenty at the Big Reno Show for about $50 for a brick of 500.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 2:33:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Bear Bullets in Gardnerville has had it fairly steadily.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Ammoseek.com
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:02:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yet, Miwal probably sold out at $50/500.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 8:05:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Finding it at yesteryear prices may just be a thing of the past.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:27:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Supply and demand. If demand for $0.10/rd 22 didn't exist prices would have to drop. If demand for $0.04/rd is he only demand...
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:50:53 AM EDT
[#16]
I think that we will see a increase in supply before the end of the year.  

Anecdotally, I understand that ATK held back a lot of supply to ship directly to gun clubs and youth shooting sports programs so that these groups could have enough .22 to function and those have been sent out.  Since then, I have seen more on the wholesale market as well.  

As an FFL, I am getting more offers of package deals from distributors leveraging their .22 stocks to sell more guns to dealers.  I received a call this week from a distributor offering 10 free bricks of .22 if I purchased any .22 rifle from a particular manufacturer.  We have been getting more of these offers lately and that makes it seem like there is more .22 coming in through wholesale channels.  

While it seems like things are getting better on the supply side, I cannot predict if consumers are going to respond in a way that causes prices to go down.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:35:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Supply and demand. If demand for $0.10/rd 22 didn't exist prices would have to drop. If demand for $0.04/rd is he only demand...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand how it works. I just don't think it will ever get back to what it was. With the increase of inflation and cost of living, prices on anything and everything will climb.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:32:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I understand how it works. I just don't think it will ever get back to what it was. With the increase of inflation and cost of living, prices on anything and everything will climb.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It SHOULD get a lot closer because gas and milk haven't doubled due to inflation.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:38:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gun shows....
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:57:28 PM EDT
[#20]
My local "Little Bird" opines that it's NOT going to come down much, if any.

Pointed out that something like 85% of the industry is now owned by three conglomerates who LIKE higher prices.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:20:37 PM EDT
[#21]
In Elko today I saw several bricks of .22, but it was $50 a brick. Also thousands of primers at as good of prices as I have seen in several years. LGS had primers cheaper than WalMart.  Also saw H4895, H4198, Imr 8028, Imr 3031, Tac, and leverevalution powders. Prices were higher than when I last remember seeing powder in stock but you need to buy it if you want it and we don't have to get 22 from neckbeards anymore
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:35:55 AM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:53:59 PM EDT
[#23]
UCD has a lot of 22 in stock.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:55:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

UCD has a lot of 22 in stock.
View Quote

Prices?

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:04:34 AM EDT
[#25]
I didn't pay real close attention, but I'm guessing somewhere around $.10 - $.14 a round depending on what it as.
I saw Remington, Federal, Winchester, and CCI in his case.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:15:42 PM EDT
[#26]
I picked up 3 550-rd boxes of Federal Value Packs yesterday for $77.30 OTD
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:59:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Nice.  Where at?
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:42:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Wal-Mart in Susanville, CA

I was passing through, and SWIRE'S ammo app in GD told me that they had it in stock

ETA: Whenever that app shows ammo in stock at the Fernley Wal-Mart, they say they don't have any, and 'don't believe the internet.'  Every. Fucking. Time. If you do manage to get there when they admit that they have some, they will sell you ONE box.

The Susanville store has a 3-box limit, and that was the first time I went there based on the app. No problemo.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:11:33 AM EDT
[#29]
I know where it will be available NEXT Thursday.
Bulk pails and bricks, probably sell out the same day.
Should I tell?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 2:02:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I didn't pay real close attention, but I'm guessing somewhere around $.10 - $.14 a round depending on what it as.
I saw Remington, Federal, Winchester, and CCI in his case.
View Quote

They also have a couple of different types of match grade .22lr
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 1:26:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Sportsmans Warehouse usually every friday.  Get there early.  By the afternoon it's usually gone.
Cabela's has been getting shippments quite a bit lately.  Get there early as well.
I hear Scheels has been getting some lately too.
I haven't seen any at Walmart in a couple month's.  And I am told they are rotating their times of bringing it out from the back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top