Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2014 9:27:04 AM EDT
Did a bunch of searching, and it seems that your concealed carry laws have been constantly changing the last 6 years or so.  I'm from WA state and I'm going to be visiting Nevada, and am looking for the easiest and cheapest way to get a concealed permit that will work, since you guys won't accept mine.  

From what I can tell, though the sources are conflicting, currently the best method is to get a non-resident permit from Arizona.  However, the Arizona permit requires a class of some sort.  Is Arizona still the best option, is there another state permit I can get that's cheaper and easier?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 10:06:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Hrm.  Seems Arizona permits are out....

Link....

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:32:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Here are the current states, from the DPS website-

Out of State Carry Concealed Weapon Permit Recognition

*Effective July 1, 2013

In accordance with  NRS 202.3689 (effective October 1, 2007) the State of Nevada will recognize the following States' CCW permit holders:  

Alaska
Arkansas
Idaho "Enhanced" Permit*
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Michigan
Nebraska
New Mexico
North Carolina
North Dakota "Class 1" Permit*
Ohio
South Carolina
Tennessee
West Virginia

Now, keep in mind that the idea is that these states meet several requirements. The ability to check them by LE from other states is a major point. There is also a class and actual shooting qualification requirement.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:23:21 PM EDT
[#3]
If you go here you can see which of the above will get you the most other states as well
http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:14:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Did a bunch of searching, and it seems that your concealed carry laws have been constantly changing the last 6 years or so.  I'm from WA state and I'm going to be visiting Nevada, and am looking for the easiest and cheapest way to get a concealed permit that will work, since you guys won't accept mine.  

From what I can tell, though the sources are conflicting, currently the best method is to get a non-resident permit from Arizona.  However, the Arizona permit requires a class of some sort.  Is Arizona still the best option, is there another state permit I can get that's cheaper and easier?
View Quote

The Gun Store on Tropicana.

It's easy and FREE!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:26:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Difficulty: you have to make a trip here to take the class and apply for the permit, and then wait 60-120 days for the permit to get mailed to you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top