Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2014 7:00:49 AM EDT
Now that the public has stood up for Bundy will he let you cross his private property to get to the public land he has locked up...To many of these Ranchers want the use of Public Property but don't want to allow you to have access to the same land.

Here in North Eastern Nevada some of the Ranchers have asked the BLM to delete roads off of Maps that show the roads crossing their property to get to Public land.

They want you to possibly sacrifice your life for their rights to graze their cattle on public land but still deny your right to use the same public land.

For those of you asking where does this happen.

The Ruby Mountains are a good example. They are virtually land locked by private property with a few access points over about 100 miles. But they will gladly charge you a fee to let you cross their property to get to the Public Land or keep it locked up for their on private game preserve.

I do not agree with the BLM or the Forrest Service. What the Ranchers are worse in some aspects.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:04:47 AM EDT
[#1]
The Gold Butte area is very accessible by the public. The only closures I have seen are the ones put up by the BLM.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 12:27:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Gold Butte are it's very accessible by the public. The only closures I have seen are the ones put up by the BLM.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 6:13:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Now that the public has stood up for Bundy will he let you cross his private property to get to the public land he has locked up...To many of these Ranchers want the use of Public Property but don't want to allow you to have access to the same land.

Here in North Eastern Nevada some of the Ranchers have asked the BLM to delete roads off of Maps that show the roads crossing their property to get to Public land.

They want you to possibly sacrifice your life for their rights to graze their cattle on public land but still deny your right to use the same public land.

For those of you asking where does this happen.

The Ruby Mountains are a good example. They are virtually land locked by private property with a few access points over about 100 miles. But they will gladly charge you a fee to let you cross their property to get to the Public Land or keep it locked up for their on private game preserve.

I do not agree with the BLM or the Forrest Service. What the Ranchers are worse in some aspects.
View Quote

In my experience, a personal conversation with said ranchers goes a long way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top