Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/7/2014 8:37:39 AM EDT
Pretty interesting standoff between the feds and a nv cattle rancher

gov lands closed to protect desert tortoise nv rancher does not comply.

Hundreds of federal officers, cowboys and helicopters descended on Cliven Bundy’s backyard Saturday, launching a roundup targeting about 500 head of cattle grazing on government land.

Bundy, the embattled Bunkerville rancher who owes the federal government tens of thousands of dollars in grazing fees over two decades,....
View Quote

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/feds-start-rounding-bundy-s-cattle-southeastern-clark-county

and a more sensationalized report.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/armed-feds-prepare-showdown-nevada-cattle-rancher/#bjHRlSYZLG4lqY5x.99
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 9:03:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I heard a news report on this.  The father passed away and his son is still fighting.  They have won some court battles but the government keeps appealing and dragging them through court.  Good on them for fighting.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:52:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Too bad they won't discuss the "environmental impact" the tortoise habitat is taking from the $1 million round-up itself.  That's just what was paid for the rustlers, not counting all the federal and state resources on top of that for the Tac teams and support.  What a cluster fuck.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 4:01:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

This is insane.

I can't believe this is happening on our beloved Nevada soil.

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 9:21:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Why in the bloody bloated government hell does the BLM have a 'sniper' team?
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 9:55:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why in the bloody bloated government hell does the BLM have a 'sniper' team?
View Quote

Because of Ranchers that refuse to comply with Tyranny after 137 years of living free.

That's why.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:51:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Are these the same tortoises they were threatening to put down if the sequestration went through?
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:25:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Are these the same tortoises they were threatening to put down if the sequestration went through?
View Quote

I believe so.

The Desert Tortoise has rebounded so incredibly that BLM can't adopt them out fast enough. They are only using the Desert Tortoise angle to appease the conservation groups and avoid a lawsuit. This entire debacle is BULLSHIT.

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 9:00:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Pretty sad when they TELL YOU where your first amendment rights can and can't be used.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 3:16:36 PM EDT
[#10]
He should just register each of his herd as undocumented , then the government can step in and pay for their feedling , housing , well care and give them drivers licenses

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
He should just register each of his herd as undocumented , then the government can step in and pay for their feedling , housing , well care and give them drivers licenses

View Quote

That is a stupid thing to say. Registering something as undocumented is just ridiculous. Let's not play the word games.

His cattle are illegal. But, let's be fair about this designation. They are not here on their own free will. They were brought there by their parents and their parents parents. They are true victims of circumstances. They deserve to be free and should not be forced to comply with the law of this land. They are refugees. And, now, we are turning them into political prisoners.

They deserve immediate citizenship and full rights, just as anyone else. In fact, they should be compensated for this unfair trial, lack of self representation, and the slander and libel given by the federal government.

As our friend Che would say-

libre de la carne de vacuno
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 4:06:22 AM EDT
[#12]
They deserve immediate citizenship and full rights, just as anyone else. In fact, they should be compensated for this unfair trial, lack of self representation, and the slander and libel given by the federal government.
View Quote

Yupper! AMEN!

Give them cattle preferences, subsidies, SNAP and EBT cards, Section 8 grazing, free medical, dental, prescription,...you name it...PLUS--have everything printed in English and "CATTLE TALK" so they won't have to learn English.

America used to be known as the "Melting Pot," because immigrants and even critters like these cattle wanted to assimilate. Now, they all want to keep separate and apart from mainstream culture. Has America become a "Chamber Pot?"

P.S.
Don't worry about what all this costs: A) this is "SHOW TIME!" for a tyrannical government, and B) they will tax you and me up the wazoo (not the immigrants) for all this, or C) or they simply tell Jan Yellen at the Fed Reserve: "Keep on 'a printing them greenbacks with nothing to back 'em up!"

...welcome to Obama Land 2014....
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 1:32:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Good on our governor for at least sticking up for the first amendment.

“Most disturbing to me is the BLM’s establishment of a ‘First Amendment Area’ that tramples upon Nevadans’ fundamental rights under the U.S. Constitution,” said Sandoval in a statement. “To that end, I have advised the BLM that such conduct is offensive to me and countless others and that the ‘First Amendment Area’ should be dismantled immediately.”
“No cow justifies the atmosphere of intimidation which currently exists nor the limitation of constitutional rights that are sacred to all Nevadans. The BLM needs to reconsider its approach to this matter and act accordingly,” asserted the Governor.
View Quote

http://www.infowars.com/nevada-governor-blasts-feds-first-amendment-area-in-bundy-dispute/
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:07:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Good on our governor for at least sticking up for the first amendment.because he was tired of getting phone calls about it.

http://www.infowars.com/nevada-governor-blasts-feds-first-amendment-area-in-bundy-dispute/
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Good on our governor for at least sticking up for the first amendment.because he was tired of getting phone calls about it.

“Most disturbing to me is the BLM’s establishment of a ‘First Amendment Area’ that tramples upon Nevadans’ fundamental rights under the U.S. Constitution,” said Sandoval in a statement. “To that end, I have advised the BLM that such conduct is offensive to me and countless others and that the ‘First Amendment Area’ should be dismantled immediately.”
“No cow justifies the atmosphere of intimidation which currently exists nor the limitation of constitutional rights that are sacred to all Nevadans. The BLM needs to reconsider its approach to this matter and act accordingly,” asserted the Governor.

FIFY.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:46:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Looks like things are heating up.

This was yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhJ6H9vlEDA
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:25:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This was yesterday.

View Quote

That was tense
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:38:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This was yesterday.

View Quote

surprisingly ineffective tasers on the guy that lifted his foot/kicked/fended off the canine.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 10:32:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 2:38:53 PM EDT
[#19]
This is not going to end well if our government keeps this up.

No matter who's legally right or wrong we're just talking cattle here. No, the desert tortoise argument is BS.

This will give some ammo to the folks who want to reduce the 87% of NV that's federal land and return it to the Sate of NV.

Is this local law enforcement? Question to out LE members here: since our governor isn't on board with this (at least that's what he says) who authorizes LE to participate in this nonsense? Or were these all federal cops?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 3:06:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Someone with a 50 and talent needs to ground the chopper...just for the fun of it...
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 3:58:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No matter who's legally right or wrong we're just talking cattle here. No, the desert tortoise argument is BS.

This will give some ammo to the folks who want to reduce the 87% of NV that's federal land and return it to the Sate of NV.

Is this local law enforcement? Question to out LE members here: since our governor isn't on board with this (at least that's what he says) who authorizes LE to participate in this nonsense? Or were these all federal cops?

Thanks.
View Quote

They're Federal BLM Agents and Rangers and some independent contractor cowboys.

Our Sherrif could tell them to fuck off and leave and they would have to but, he won't. I believe his response was you'll have to contact the BLM (IMHO the BLM are the bad guys here). The Governor could call in the NV National Guard to stop them. He will probably sit on his thumbs though or get his pee pee slapped by Reid.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:36:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:01:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Our Sherrif could tell them to fuck off and leave and they would have to but, he won't. I believe his response was you'll have to contact the BLM (IMHO the BLM are the bad guys here). The Governor could call in the NV National Guard to stop them. He will probably sit on his thumbs though or get his pee pee slapped by Reid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Brian and Dean have done their part.  They voiced their disapproval for their constituents. Notice, Harry hasn't said a MARTHAFAWKING word. So much for his boxing reputation he tries to hide.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:01:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Brian and Dean have done their part.  They voiced their disapproval for their constituents. Notice, Harry hasn't said a MARTHAFAWKING word. So much for his boxing reputation he tries to hide.
View Quote

Reid has a dog in the fight. Here a couple article quotes I found.

Heller said he spoke to newly confirmed BLM director Neil Kornze and “told him very clearly that law-abiding Nevadans must not be penalized by an over-reaching BLM.”

Kornze is a Nevada native who spent eight years as a senior policy adviser for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid before joining the BLM.

Link Posted: 4/11/2014 5:52:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Heller said he spoke to newly confirmed BLM director Neil Kornze and “told him very clearly that law-abiding Nevadans must not be penalized by an over-reaching BLM.”

Kornze is a Nevada native who spent eight years as a senior policy adviser for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid before joining the BLM.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Has Harry said anything personally about the issue that is on public record like Dean and Brian have?  My guess would be no.  I don't care if some guy who worked for him has an opinion about it, Harry hasn't said a thing.

Edit:  Neil WORKED for him, not currently.  I don't consider an ex-employee a dog in the fight.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 5:52:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This was yesterday.

View Quote

Open carry is legal and reasonable where they were.  Needed a lot more openly armed civilians.  If the Rangers were going to deploy a taser or a dog, they should have been taking people into custody.  If they weren't willing to take people into custody because they didn't have reason to detain, they shouldn't have been deploying tasers and dogs.  Period.  Either there is a threat or there isn't.  I bet they wouldn't have taken that course of action had there been level playing grounds.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:33:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Open carry is legal and reasonable where they were.  Needed a lot more openly armed civilians.  If the Rangers were going to deploy a taser or a dog, they should have been taking people into custody.  If they weren't willing to take people into custody because they didn't have reason to detain, they shouldn't have been deploying tasers and dogs.  Period.  Either there is a threat or there isn't.  I bet they wouldn't have taken that course of action had there been level playing grounds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This was yesterday.

I agree with you sir. Cliven needs to not turn away the militias and fight fire with fire. I guarantee they wouldn't have used those tasers if those people had been armed. Time to cut the shit, the peaceful protest started in 1993. Now its time to get physical.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 12:44:16 PM EDT
[#28]
You know i just thought the BLM was just federally regulated conservationist. I didnt know they have a division of Operators, marksmen, Crowd control k9's........Starting to think the conspiracy theorist are right....Whats next the Food and Drug Administration  going to bust through my door like TEAM 6 and UBL the shit out of my home grown vegetables?
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 1:10:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Maybe we should plan a night time bunny blast at Gold Butte tonight our tomorrow night complete with rednecks, spot lights, FA's and suppressors.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 1:45:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Maybe we should plan a night time bunny blast at Gold Butte tonight our tomorrow night complete with rednecks, spot lights, FA's and suppressors.
View Quote

If I lived any closer than 8 hours away I would pay money to attend that.  Get a couple belt feds out there and see what happens.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 1:48:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You know i just thought the BLM was just federally regulated conservationist. I didnt know they have a division of Operators, marksmen, Crowd control k9's........Starting to think the conspiracy theorist are right....Whats next the Food and Drug Administration  going to bust through my door like TEAM 6 and UBL the shit out of my home grown vegetables?
View Quote

FDA does have tactical teams as does the IRS, Education department, the treasury, national park service, Amtrack, the federal reserve, and many many more.

"Special Police"
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 1:55:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Check this out

Reid to give family ranch land to china for solar project

ETA: Reids son is supposed to head up the $5 billion project.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:25:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Our Sherrif could tell them to fuck off and leave and they would have to but, he won't. I believe his response was you'll have to contact the BLM (IMHO the BLM are the bad guys here). The Governor could call in the NV National Guard to stop them..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Our Sherrif could tell them to fuck off and leave and they would have to but, he won't. I believe his response was you'll have to contact the BLM (IMHO the BLM are the bad guys here). The Governor could call in the NV National Guard to stop them..

This is what I keep hoping for.

Quoted:
Needed a lot more openly armed civilians.  If the Rangers were going to deploy a taser or a dog, they should have been taking people into custody.  If they weren't willing to take people into custody because they didn't have reason to detain, they shouldn't have been deploying tasers and dogs.  Period.  Either there is a threat or there isn't.  I bet they wouldn't have taken that course of action had there been level playing grounds.

Absolutely!
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 4:10:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Check this out

View Quote

Also:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/31/us-usa-china-reid-solar-idUSBRE87U06D20120831
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 5:29:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Check this out

Also:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/31/us-usa-china-reid-solar-idUSBRE87U06D20120831

The TRUTH about the story above
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I could dust off the old 60mm...
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 9:17:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Disregard
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 9:48:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Is the land in question owned by the state or the federal government?
It has been reported on multiple news outlets that it is property owned by the state of Nevada but designated by the federal government as a protected area.

Does the BLM manage state owned property. I'm unclear on this.
From the BLM website:The BLM manages 74 percent of the designated critical habitat for the desert tortoise species (4,790,600 acres of the total 6,446,200 acres designated in 1994).

Read the official BLM closure order here
"Two locations are available for members of the public to express their First Amendment rights: I–15 and Exit 112 for Riverside and State Route 170 and White Rock Road. Only one area will be available at a time; Incident Command staff will determine daily which location is most suitable, based on impound operation activities and safety considerations, and will post the location on BLM and National Park Service (NPS) websites."

And go ahead and bounce that off of this...
AMENDMENT I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or
the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

I am not listening to any justification on the part of government employees who swore to uphold the constitution and carry out these orders.

In related news....
It was also reported that Tom Collins is an Muthafuckinasshole
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 10:19:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Holy. Shit.

I'm not up to speed on the entire disagreement here, but I can tell you that the 'police' response was completely out of hand.
And those BLMJBTs were not in a tactically sound position. Plenty of opportunities for this to go really shitty, in either direction.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 10:37:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Even if it was state land the guy would have to pay to use it. What's the problem with him paying to use it because it's BLM land?
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 11:14:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Even if it was state land the guy would have to pay to use it. What's the problem with him paying to use it because it's BLM land?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Why should he have to pay to use that land? What use is it for the Feds other than to squeeze just a little bit more revenue for them to squander?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=armAcbEO1PE

for anyone needing to get up to speed on what has been going on. I know there is a lot of confusion about the whole scenario.

Here is the situation according to his daughter:

I have had people ask me to explain my dad's stance on this BLM fight. Here it is in as simple of terms as I can explain it. There is so much to it, but here it s in a nut shell. My great grandpa bought the rights to the Bunkerville allotment back in 1887 around there. Then he sold them to my grandpa who then turned them over to my dad in 1972. These men bought and paid for their rights to the range and also built waters, fences and roads to assure the servival of their cattle, all with their own money, not with tax dollars. These rights to the land use is called preemptive rights. Some where down the line, to keep the cows from over grazing, came the bureau of land management. They were supposed to assist the ranchers in the management of their ranges while the ranchers paid a yearly allotment which was to be use to pay the BLM wages and to help with repaires and improvements of the ranches. My dad did pay his grazing fees for years to the BLM until they were no longer using his fees to help him and to improve. Instead they began using these money's against the ranchers. They bought all the rest of the ranchers in the area out with they're own grazing fees. When they offered to buy my dad out for a penence he said no thanks and then fired them because they weren't doing their job. He quit paying the BLM but, tried giving his grazing fees to the county, which they turned down. So my dad just went on running his ranch and making his own improvements with his own equipment and his own money, not taxes. In essence the BLM was managing my dad out of business. Well when buying him out didn't work, they used the indangered species card. You've already heard about the desert tortis. Well that didn't work either, so then began the threats and the court orders, which my dad has proven to be unlawful for all these years. Now their desperate. It's come down to buying the brand inspector off and threatening the County Sheriff. Everything their doing at this point is illegal and totally against the constitution of the United States of America. Now you may be saying," how sad, but what does this have to do with me?" Well, I'll tell you. They will get rid of Cliven Bundy, the last man standing on the Bunkerville allotment and then they will close all the roads so no one can ever go on it again. Next, it's Utah's turn. Mark my words, Utah is next.
Then there's the issue of the cattle that are at this moment being stolen. See even if dad hasn't paid them, those cattle do belong to him. Regardless where they are they are my fathers property. His herd has been part of that range for over a hundred years, long before the BLM even exsisted. Now the Feds think they can just come in and remove them and sell them without a legal brand inspection or without my dad's signature on it. They think they can take them over two boarders, which is illegal, ask any trucker. Then they plan to take them to the Richfeild Aucion and sell them. All with our tax money. They have paid off the contract cowboys and the auction owner as well as the Nevada brand inspector with our tax dollars. See how slick they are?
Well, this is it in a nut shell. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 1:05:38 AM EDT
[#42]
This is a problem with the Internet. She has many good points, and a good argument, but is that the grammar that will be scribed in the history books? For shame.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 1:55:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This is a problem with the Internet. She has many good points, and a good argument, but is that the grammar that will be scribed in the history books? For shame.
View Quote

She's a ranchers daughter, not a ivy league scholar. Being a product of the school system in this state, I'm surprised it was as well written as it was.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 5:41:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

I would not say "making a statement" is doing their part. They should take action , not just voice their disapproval.

I take it you all saw what jackass Collins said right ?

It started when Darin Bushman, a Piute County, Utah, commissioner, called Collins about the Bureau of Land Management roundup of Bundy’s cattle in the Gold Butte area, about 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas. The cattle are being seized after Bundy failed to pay grazing fees over 20 years. When the conversation ended, Bushman posted on Facebook that Collins said Utahns are “inbred bastards” and if they come to Clark County to support Bundy they “better have funeral plans.” Collins also told Bushman that they should mind their “own (expletive) business.”

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/water-environment/collins-manages-insult-utahns-comments-bundy-roundup
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 9:06:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 9:27:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Due to safety concerns for their employees and the public.  

I wonder how unsafe the situation would have been had they not started donning the jack boots from the beginning and instead adopted a softer approach.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 9:50:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Harry`s son has a dog in this fight just follow the money
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 12:26:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Well it has now moved to closing down an interstate highway.  They are blocking traffic in both directions, hurting businesses.  How is this American?
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 2:53:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
retreat
View Quote

http://youtu.be/3wru1pYvE4o
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top