Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2017 11:29:38 PM EDT
A friend has a coworker that says he is an owner of the Packers.  He has a ring that looks like a Superbowl ring.  Everyone in the company is convinced of his story.  This company is not a Fortune 10000 company or even the bottom half million.  I just can't believe this story.  I have met and drank with the guy and he doesn't give it up, flashes the ring often. 

Help me out here.  

I know there is some deal with getting a seat at Lambeau Field. If you don't own a seat or however it works, you can't get a ticket to the game, or that is what I gather from the banter I have heard.  Is there a replica ring these guys have? 

Please fill in the blanks for me. Is this guy a season ticket holder and thinks he is a part owner or something or is this a fixture of the subculture?  

Thanks in advance.  I found the best fish fry in Wauwatosa, so I have been in the vicinity a few times.  Bocce ball in the snow is fun. 
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 1:19:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I also am a Packers owner. Don't have a ring though.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 8:41:22 AM EDT
[#2]
The Packers are the only "publically" owned team in the NFL... or the 4 major pro sports, for that matter. There are "stockholders" who have certificates to prove it...lots of them. The stock certificate they sell is more for symbolism and bragging rights than it is monetary. This dude likely has one or two. That does technically make him a part owner of the franchise. Bragging rights only, he has absolutely no "say-so" in how it's run.

As for the ring, it's probably fake.

Nobody "owns a seat" at Lambeau. Skybox maybe. But there is a long long long (as in decades) waiting list for season tickets.

eta... I'm an "owner" too.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 8:42:08 AM EDT
[#3]
There are lots of owners.

When they remodeled Lambeau Field, they sold stock. Anyone could buy stock. So that part of his story holds up.

I know nothing about the ring.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 8:47:24 AM EDT
[#4]
If he has only one ring, he's an amateur.

Link to rings
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 9:26:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow, stock in the Packers would be the ultimate gift for my Vikings fan buddy.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 6:06:49 PM EDT
[#6]
You can get a ticket to any Packer game via ticket brokers, you don't have to be a season ticket holder to get a seat, you have money your good to go!
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:37:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks.  I figured as much.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:49:19 PM EDT
[#8]
We all Packers owners now.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 4:19:28 AM EDT
[#9]
A friend of my dad's must have bought quite a bit of stock in the packers because he has a owners ring.

Also packers "stock" is not available whenever you want to buy, they only sell "stock" when they need money for an expansion.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 5:01:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Some Chicago Bears fans are "owners" as well. Packers stock is sometimes given to Bears fans as a joke.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are lots of owners.

When they remodeled Lambeau Field, they sold stock. Anyone could buy stock. So that part of his story holds up.

I know nothing about the ring.
View Quote
Forbes also ranks Packer's stock as one of the worst investments ever. No real value, no dividend, no voting power in that class, etc. Other than the piece of paper to frame for your home bar......pretty much just a decor piece. And that's good enough for most folks.

It's a money printing scheme. And it works!
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 3:15:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Forbes also ranks Packer's stock as one of the worst investments ever. No real value, no dividend, no voting power in that class, etc. Other than the piece of paper to frame for your home bar......pretty much just a decor piece. And that's good enough for most folks.

It's a money printing scheme. And it works!
View Quote
A go-fund-me participant award........
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#13]
FWIIW...

Apparently board members have Superbowl rings.  Not sure how that works, but they got them.  

An example would be someone who owned a larger grocery store chain with the same last name...  

So it is possible that they could have a ring.

I wish I did not know this, but I do.

Arfcurse related.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top