Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2017 6:43:43 PM EDT
So I buy this polymer 80 because it's on sale...$70.

I must say I am a gunsmith but it is NOT applicable whatsoever....hand and dremel drill only.

This was SUPER easy and it worked first time with my factory Glock 17 slide...WTF I figured I had all these spare Glock internals.

I spent 1 hour total - tweaking included.  

SIMPLE! LOL!

I suggest it for a fun project. I can't get my Advantage Arms .22 upper to lock though...boohoo

Again, super stupid easy

V
OUT
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#1]
where did you find it for 70$
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:23:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Brownells had them listed for that price a couple days ago. Thought about getting one myself, but seeing how much glock slides are going for, not right now.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:20:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
Item link

BKTAC....

V
OUT
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:28:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you, was was finding them for 149+ everywhere
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:33:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Very cool. Glad you posted, because I wasn't aware of these, but it looks like I'm late for the party on the rest of the parts. I also get hesitant when the 80%/DIY stuff gets too easy.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:47:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd read mixed reviews on those so it's good to know they can work OK. I too lost interest after seeing the price of a slide and all the other parts needed.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:52:13 PM EDT
[#7]
How about a 4-5K round durability test and feedback report?  

really though,  thanks. I've been tossing these around as a new project idea.  I'm liking the "g19" version that is out now,  but the full size price on sale is nice.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 7:31:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Range report.

Ran perfect without a single stoppage.

Am Eagle 115 gr, Fiocchi 124 and 147 gr, M882 and various Winchester white box ammo.

Magpul and factory Glock mags were used.

Little or ZERO wear on the rear cuts (must be heavily using the locking block).

IMPRESSED.

Sad my AA .22 slide won't lock up since that is why I bought the lower....again, boohoo.

V
OUT
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:09:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'd read mixed reviews on those so it's good to know they can work OK. I too lost interest after seeing the price of a slide and all the other parts needed.
View Quote
That's the cincher.  Used upper assemblies are $350+  Even if you buy from lone wolf, who include the lower parts, for $120+, that's $500 for a gen 3.  

I'm waiting for the gen 4 version to release.  As for the rear rails, the new compact frames have them, and it is beleived the gen 4 compatibles will as well.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:36:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Range report.

Ran perfect without a single stoppage.

Am Eagle 115 gr, Fiocchi 124 and 147 gr, M882 and various Winchester white box ammo.

Magpul and factory Glock mags were used.

Little or ZERO wear on the rear cuts (must be heavily using the locking block).

IMPRESSED.

Sad my AA .22 slide won't lock up since that is why I bought the lower....again, boohoo.

V
OUT
View Quote
I have the same issue with my AA 22 conversion kit, just cant get it to lock up, any idea why thats happening?
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:11:36 PM EDT
[#11]
The slide lock and barrel lug don't match up.

V
OUT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top