Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2017 5:51:31 PM EDT
http://wtaq.com/news/articles/2017/mar/22/active-shooter-officer-down-in-weston/

I came across this and thought I'd post it. Didn't find much else about it online.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 8:54:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Lots of good people got hurt today.  Everyone is in our prayers.  Hard to believe this shit happens up here too.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:16:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lots of good people got hurt today.  Everyone is in our prayers.  Hard to believe this shit happens up here too.
View Quote
I've lived in Wausau my whole life. Unfortunately this doesn't surprise me as much as it used too.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:17:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I work about 10 minutes from those locations, and we were talking about it all day. 
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:10:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Prayers for the victims
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#5]
They still aren't saying anything about this other than calling it a 'domestic'.

Guy shoots up a bank, a law firm and has a standoff at an apartment building.  Speculating here, but I'd profile and guess the suspect isn't handling a divorce very well.

We'll see when they do the press conference.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:43:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They still aren't saying anything about this other than calling it a 'domestic'.

Guy shoots up a bank, a law firm and has a standoff at an apartment building.  Speculating here, but I'd profile and guess the suspect isn't handling a divorce very well.

We'll see when they do the press conference.
View Quote
My thoughts too. But, was it her lawyer, or his? Why 2 people at the bank? His ex and her new partner?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:48:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

My thoughts too. But, was it her lawyer, or his? Why 2 people at the bank? His ex and her new partner?
View Quote
Maybe he found the accounts cleaned out by the ex, and he shot teller and manager who backed him/her up in a fit of rage.

Who knows? Just speculation.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:20:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I grew up with the parents of the lawyer that was murdered...was friends and classmates with her aunt.

Very sad days
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:20:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I work about 10 minutes from those locations, and we were talking about it all day. 
View Quote
I used to live nearby on Ferge
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:17:48 PM EDT
[#10]
So from what I know.  I did work with the guy that did the shooting.  His wife works at that bank.  Sounds like she didn't want a divorce, but he did.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:49:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So from what I know.  I did work with the guy that did the shooting.  His wife works at that bank.  Sounds like she didn't want a divorce, but he did.
View Quote
channel 7 news said that the murderer's wife was not hurt?

I believe they are not releasing the name of the suspect as he was wounded an is in a hospital somewhere....
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:54:15 PM EDT
[#12]
They said the suspect's name is Nengmy Vang, 45 yrs old.

The wife escaped from the bank unharmed.  It was two coworkers of hers that got caught up in that mess.  Damn that sucks.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:06:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They said the suspect's name is Nengmy Vang, 45 yrs old.

The wife escaped from the bank unharmed.  It was two coworkers of hers that got caught up in that mess.  Damn that sucks.
View Quote
Thats what was worrying them all along...figure that Wausau as per usual...protected class involved in another shooting...imo

Seems to me there was one in that same residential area a couple of years ago...and a few before that on the other side of the river down by the old Marjon motel area.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:42:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Nengmy Vang, 45, ID'd as suspect in shooting spree

Sara Quirt Sann sure looks like her mom did back in high school....she represented the murderer's wife in their divorce.

He filed for divorce they have 6 children.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 3:01:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Man, it sucks because I worked with him for quite a while too.  My condolences goes out to the families and friends that lost their loved ones.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 2:27:46 PM EDT
[#16]
An update to the shooting.  The shooter suspect has died from his wounds from the shootout.  From what my coworkers were saying. They were asking his family if they wanted to pull the plug, since he was not waking up from his wounds.

http://www.wbay.com/content/news/Wausau-shooting-suspect-dies-417859083.html
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 8:32:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top