Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2017 1:36:18 AM EDT
List your classes here please.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 1:43:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Seriously I don't want to drive to Texas is anyone in this state providing anything close to training?
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 7:13:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm interested too.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 11:11:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm interested too.
View Quote

Me too!  I was just looking over my list (Ungentlemanly Training, Mad City Firearms, WI Firearms Training Center, etc) last night.  It'd be nice to have a direct contact with up to date info.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 11:52:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Do any of you have any info on first aid training?  I have basic first aid training, but I'm looking for a course or two on tactical first aid. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 12:41:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Do any of you have any info on first aid training?  I have basic first aid training, but I'm looking for a course or two on tactical first aid. Any suggestions?
View Quote

I know Spartan Tactical has pretty extensive medical courses.
http://www.teamspartan.com/teamspartan_firearms_training_courses.htm

And Fortress Defense has an emergency treatment of gunshot wounds course.
http://fortressdefense.com/training-services/emergency-treatment-of-gunshot-wounds-etgw/

Both outfits are in Illinois.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 12:30:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I highly recommend POD (Performance on Demand).  I took their Carbine 1 class last year and it was excellent, and learned more in that class than I had in a couple of other classes combined.  

http://podshooting.com/

Most of their classes are at the Waunakee LE range, but I took the class in Janesville (Janesville PD had booked them, so it was 12 shooters, 6 from JPD, and 6 civilians like me)

Most of the guys I'm friends with at RCLRC think highly of them as well, and recommend any of their classes.  I think they already have the 2017 schedule, up, but sold out their 1st Pistol 1 class, so added a 2nd day on that Sunday for another session.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 9:56:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I highly recommend POD (Performance on Demand).  I took their Carbine 1 class last year and it was excellent, and learned more in that class than I had in a couple of other classes combined.  

Most of their classes are at the Waunakee LE range, but I took the class in Janesville (Janesville PD had booked them, so it was 12 shooters, 6 from JPD, and 6 civilians like me)

Most of the guys I'm friends with at RCLRC think highly of them as well, and recommend any of their classes.  I think they already have the 2017 schedule, up, but sold out their 1st Pistol 1 class, so added a 2nd day on that Sunday for another session.
View Quote

I second this. Excellent instructors, I took three of their courses last year and absolutely plan on taking more this year.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 10:12:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I second this. Excellent instructors, I took three of their courses last year and absolutely plan on taking more this year.
View Quote

I'll third it.. Great guys with excellent instruction... truly a Bargain in the training world.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 10:43:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Tony is a great guy who has a neat shop in Sun Prairie.
Med Class
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 10:48:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'll third it.. Great guys with excellent instruction... truly a Bargain in the training world.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fourthed.

I have attended several of their courses.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:54:23 AM EDT
[#11]
There is an active shooter conference in Fond du lac in Feb.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 10:00:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There is an active shooter conference in Fond du lac in Feb.
View Quote

Details?
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:22:04 PM EDT
[#13]
https://www.fdl.wi.gov/departments.iml?DeptID=40&DeptPage=208

That says it is open to LEO only. That is incorrect. It is also open to EMS and others. Try Google for more info.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the Performance on Demand tip. I was looking for some place to get some training in WI.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#15]
POD is the real deal.  I've taken several of their classes.  Their classes stack up well against any of the several other training classes that I have taken and can recommend them wholeheartedly. 

POD classes are a value and fill up quickly, Big Tip:  Sign up early. 
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 1:20:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Will also put in a good word for POD. Excellent classes, for what is in my opinion a very competitive price. 

Also thank to the POD guys, Mike Pannone is stating to teach in WI again. 
He will be doing his covert carry class this summer. One of the best "CCW" classes out there.

Covert carry, WI
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 10:30:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank you for the reco . . . Just signed up for the intermediate scoped rifle course.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 2:07:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Thank you for the reco . . . Just signed up for the intermediate scoped rifle course.
View Quote
See you at the class 
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:57:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
See you at the class 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See you at the class 

Excellent.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:30:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
See you at the class 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See you at the class 

I want to take this class.
I don't know if I can swing it though.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:39:54 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm thinking about that class myself...

Too late.. sold out.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 5:05:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Too late.. sold out.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too late.. sold out.

The POD classes have been selling out pretty fast. I missed out on the long range class last year.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:10:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The POD classes have been selling out pretty fast. I missed out on the long range class last year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too late.. sold out.

They had openings for the long range class about a month or so... I was going to pull the trigger, then I waited... I should know better.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 2:56:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too late.. sold out.

Perhaps next year.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:17:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
See you at the class 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See you at the class 
I will also be attending. It should be pretty awesome
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:53:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

See you at the class 
Anyone know how many people are in the class?  Also, what caliber rifle do you plan on using?  I'm between the 223 and 260 Rem, but leaning strongly toward the 260 Rem.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:34:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Anyone know how many people are in the class?  Also, what caliber rifle do you plan on using?  I'm between the 223 and 260 Rem, but leaning strongly toward the 260 Rem.
View Quote
Class is 8 people.

I will be running .308 for this class.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top