Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2016 12:25:36 AM EDT
So I am getting ready to invest in a good night vision purchase. I am having a hard time deciding on what to get pvs-7 or 14 or some other make, gen 2+ id , hd, gen3 blah blah blah.   Does anyone live near Wausau that has a set that I can meet up with and try out what they have?   Thanks in advance.  
Tim
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 5:08:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I am getting ready to invest in a good night vision purchase. I am having a hard time deciding on what to get pvs-7 or 14 or some other make, gen 2+ id , hd, gen3 blah blah blah.   Does anyone live near Wausau that has a set that I can meet up with and try out what they have?   Thanks in advance.  
Tim
View Quote

I'm in Milwaukee and have a 14. I can tell you from many mil hours on both the 14 is superior in every way EXCEPT driving in the dark.

Also nightlong industries is a great crew and a Midwestern company. The owner can talk to you at length about all the options of you call.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:58:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm in Milwaukee and have a 14. I can tell you from many mil hours on both the 14 is superior in every way EXCEPT driving in the dark.

Also nightlong industries is a great crew and a Midwestern company. The owner can talk to you at length about all the options of you call.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tim

I think the 14's are better in every way than a 7. I thought night driving was easier with a 14. Read up in the NV forum. When I plan on getting my own tile be a gen 3 pvs-14.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:52:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I ended up getting a Sirius gen 2+ SD with manual gain.   They were on clearance at midway for 925.   I thought that it was a pretty good price.  Will let you all know what I think when I get it
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 11:28:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Nothing to add other than it's nice to see another Wausau person on here. Congrats on your new purchase.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 3:09:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I wanted to update this.   I bought the armasight Sirius gen 2+    I got a fantastic deal through Midway.   Unfortunately I had problems trying to focus between my two eye while wearing the monocular.   I had to return it.   I ended up getting an armasight Nyx-7 at a pretty good price through optics planet.  I really like using it and I don't find the depth perception that hard to get used to.   Here is a picture of my new helmet setup.  

https://flic.kr/p/LVNXav

If anyone has questions or wants to look through some night vision if you looking to buy I have a gen 1 atn mk 350 scope and my new gen 2+ bioculars if you live close to Wausau give me a shout
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 9:20:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I ended up getting an armasight Nyx-7 at a pretty good price through optics planet.  ...  Here is a picture of my new helmet setup.  
View Quote

Price breakdown on that setup?
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 8:43:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I ended up getting an armasight Nyx-7 at a pretty good price through optics planet.  ...  Here is a picture of my new helmet setup.  

Helmet was about 200 ish don't exactly remember
Mount was 225
NYX-7 was 1300 ish.  
Counter weight was 35.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 11:18:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top