Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2015 5:50:07 PM EDT
Click for announcement and copy of the bill.

November 4, 2015

MADISON –Today, Representative Subeck (D-Madison), along with Representatives Terese Berceau, Melissa Sargent and Chris Taylor, circulated an Assembly bill that would ban the transportation, purchase, possession, or transfer of semiautomatic assault weapons in Wisconsin.

“Our nation has watched as community after community has had to confront the tragedies that occur when weapons designed to kill large numbers of people quickly get into the hands of a dangerous person,” said Representative Lisa Subeck. “No Wisconsin community should ever have to face such a tragedy at the hands of someone armed with a semiautomatic assault weapon.”

Semiautomatic assault weapons are a class of firearms that are designed to kill large numbers of people quickly. They have been used in many high-profile shooting incidents, including the 2012 mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut; the 2012 Aurora, Colorado movie theater shooting; the 1999 Columbine High School massacre in that state; and the 1993 office shooting at the 101 California Street building in San Francisco.

“I can conceive of no legitimate reason that any citizen should need to own or use a semiautomatic assault weapon,” said Rep. Subeck.

A review of mass shootings between January 2009 and January 2013 by Mayors Against Illegal Guns found that incidents where assault weapons were used resulted in 135% more people shot and 57% more killed, compared to other mass shootings.

“Wisconsin families want to know that they and their children are safe whether they are home, at school, at work, or out in the community,” said Rep. Subeck. “This bill is one of several critical reforms needed to eliminate gun violence in our state.”

Follow the link above to download a PDF copy of the bill.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 6:34:12 PM EDT
[#1]
What do Democrats really have in store for us that they keep trying to dismantle our most basic checks and balances.

There's 262,000,000 people that would say they were wrong, but they were killed by their own government in the last century.
20TH CENTURY DEMOCIDE
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 6:59:06 PM EDT
[#2]
They don't have the votes anywhere to get this even close to passed. Why even hint at it? While it won't hurt her in Madison, any rural Dem who voted for it would lose his/her seat in the next election. It's political suicide in this state right now.

No matter, start hitting up your Reps. Our fight is never finished.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 8:53:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They don't have the votes anywhere to get this even close to passed. Why even hint at it? While it won't hurt her in Madison, any rural Dem who voted for it would lose his/her seat in the next election. It's political suicide in this state right now.

View Quote

This. Notice how every pro gun bill is passed on a voice vote in the assembly. They bargain away debate time for a voice vote so they aren't recorded as no's which keeps the NRA away. Wisconsin dems are scared shitless on the gun issue.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:13:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Come and get em, bitch.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:33:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I expect nothing less from Madison.

Maybe they'll try to ban cheese curds.  Those are bad for you too.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:54:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Come and get em, bitch.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 12:03:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm not worried about anything happening in the short term.  But, the fact that this is being brought forward is evidence that there is a paradigm shift when it comes to the Libs and guns.  Not only in our state, but nationally as well.  

To my knowledge there hasn't been a epidemic of shootings in Wisconsin with so called "assault rifles".   So WTF are they talking about??   What's behind this?  

Obama and Clinton have been very bold in their talk about making changes to the 2A, and Australian style gun control - which is confiscation.  I think that gun control / confiscation is the new "gay marriage".  Let me explain.  

First, I don't care about gay marriage. I'm talking about the Lib's using the same exact playbook on guns, that they used with gay marriage.  They beat the country into submission in a matter of years.  It was a coordinated effort. They demonized or shamed anyone and everything in their way.  They sued, they used the media, they got people to turn against each other, they used symbolism, but most importantly they shuttered free speech.   The perfect propaganda war.  

Why these specific Senators?  Because they are immune in their districts.  This is just the start.  Buckle in.  A shit storm is on the horizon.  

Link Posted: 11/6/2015 12:16:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm not worried about anything happening in the short term.  But, the fact that this is being brought forward is evidence that there is a paradigm shift when it comes to the Libs and guns.  Not only in our state, but nationally as well.  

To my knowledge there hasn't been a epidemic of shootings in Wisconsin with so called "assault rifles".   So WTF are they talking about??   What's behind this?  

Obama and Clinton have been very bold in their talk about making changes to the 2A, and Australian style gun control - which is confiscation.  I think that gun control / confiscation is the new "gay marriage".  Let me explain.  

First, I don't care about gay marriage. I'm talking about the Lib's using the same exact playbook on guns, that they used with gay marriage.  They beat the country into submission in a matter of years.  It was a coordinated effort. They demonized or shamed anyone and everything in their way.  They sued, they used the media, they got people to turn against each other, they used symbolism, but most importantly they shuttered free speech.   The perfect propaganda war.  

Why these specific Senators?  Because they are immune in their districts.  This is just the start.  Buckle in.  A shit storm is on the horizon.  

View Quote

There are enough pissed off people in this country already. I have little doubt that anything even remotely resembling confiscation will be the trigger of the second revolutionary war.  Sadly enough, it will be fought over the EXACT same issues as the first - weapons, and taxes.

Fuck em.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 1:37:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would guess that they do it because they are from a district that is securely in Democrat hands, so they do it to keep their base happy, so they don't lose their primary to another Democrat. I'm sure they are well aware that is has zero chance of passing at this time. But it's nice that they do it, because it lets the voters know that many Democrats really are serious about gun bans, and that it's not just paranoia from the NRA.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 1:51:42 AM EDT
[#11]
As others have pointed out, locally we are pretty safe from something like this from ever passing. But inevitably when the Dems at the federal level have the votes get something like this passed we are screwed.. Stockpile all the evil rifles and mags you can. I don't think they are going to play around with another features ban. I think they will go the Australia route. Even if it gets thrown out in court (Assuming we still have a conservitive majority) the damage will be done. Remember that the bill originally proposed by Feinstein right after the Sandy Hook shootings would have added these firearms to the NFA and that alone would screw a lot of us that can't afford trusts, stamps, or get CLEIO sign off.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 9:48:19 AM EDT
[#12]
She was getting hammered on facebook so she took her page down.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 1:48:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Hell, they tried to make the AWB even tighter when it expired in 2004. It would have effectively banned almost everything, england style.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 1:56:15 PM EDT
[#14]
WOW! Leg Council (which is the bipartisan group of lawyers who analyze bills for the legislature) claims that the way barrel shroud is defined in the bill could ban all semiautomatic handguns with a slide that covers the barrel.

http://mediatrackers.org/wisconsin/2015/11/06/dem-gun-ban-require-confiscation-ban-pistols

Link Posted: 11/6/2015 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Dear colleagues,

After receiving feedback from some of our colleagues regarding the circulation of a preliminary draft banning semiautomatic assault weapons, the other authors of the bill and I have determined that we will work with the Legislative Reference Bureau to make some revisions to the draft bill to address some concerns that have been raised, particularly about the potential impact of LRB 3635 on our state's sporting heritage. There are some unintended oversights in the bill that we will work to correct.

While LRB 3635 was not intended to impair Wisconsin's rich hunting heritage and those who annually participate in it, our state does need to have a serious and meaningful conversation about gun violence. We will be working with the Legislative Reference Bureau, Legislative Council, and others to ensure that a future bill draft corrects any drafting errors and unintended oversights to ensure more consistency with our current hunting and sporting regulations.

We welcome the coming debate and appreciate the feedback we have received from our fellow legislative colleagues and our constituents.

Lisa Subeck

Representative Lisa Subeck
78th Assembly District
State Capitol, Room 418 North
P.O. Box 8953, Madison, WI 53708
(608) 266-7521

Link Posted: 11/6/2015 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Dear colleagues,

After receiving feedback from some of our colleagues regarding the circulation of a preliminary draft banning semiautomatic assault weapons, the other authors of the bill and I have determined that we will work with the Legislative Reference Bureau to make some revisions to the draft bill to address some concerns that have been raised, particularly about the potential impact of LRB 3635 on our state's sporting heritage. There are some unintended oversights in the bill that we will work to correct.

While LRB 3635 was not intended to impair Wisconsin's rich hunting heritage and those who annually participate in it, our state does need to have a serious and meaningful conversation about gun violence. We will be working with the Legislative Reference Bureau, Legislative Council, and others to ensure that a future bill draft corrects any drafting errors and unintended oversights to ensure more consistency with our current hunting and sporting regulations.

We welcome the coming debate and appreciate the feedback we have received from our fellow legislative colleagues and our constituents.

Lisa Subeck

78th Assembly District
(608) 266-7521

View Quote

Dumbass FIB. She had to take her Facebook page down too. It went viral with negative comments...  I told her to go back to Shitcago where she came from.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 2:11:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Dear colleagues,

Lisa Subeck

78th Assembly District
(608) 266-7521

View Quote

I don't know what's more pathetic, the idiots that write and introduce these bills, or the dim bulbs that keep electing these idiots.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 2:37:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't post here often, but when I do it's a fact delivered by a sexy man:

Dear Lisa,

Please leave the country or FOAD. You are a cancerous shitstain politician festering on this great state.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 3:13:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

To my knowledge there hasn't been a epidemic of shootings in Wisconsin with so called "assault rifles".  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

To my knowledge there hasn't been a epidemic of shootings in Wisconsin with so called "assault rifles".  

The only one I can think of is Chai Vang, and he used a Saiga, which has a standard grip.

LOL, looks like they stepped into a shit storm of their own.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The only one I can think of is Chai Vang, and he used a Saiga, which has a standard grip.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, he had an SKS, not a Saiga, but the entire discussion about him is irrelevant since he was from MN anyway, so he wouldn't have been subject to WI laws banning the purchase/transfer of said weapons.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 4:34:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Actually, he had an SKS, not a Saiga, but the entire discussion about him is irrelevant since he was from MN anyway, so he wouldn't have been subject to WI laws banning the purchase/transfer of said weapons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Earlier reports, right after it happened, said it was a Saiga. I didn't see the correction. Anyway, I don't think an unaltered SKS would be banned under this bill, even if he was a WI resident. Don't know much about the SKS, other than in original configuration it loads 7.62X39 with stripper clips, capacity 10. No pistol grip, neither, but do they all have the dreaded and deadly "bayonet lug"?

BTW... The bill also bans "possession, transportation", not just purchases & transfers, with no "grandfather" clause. He might be immune from possession & transportation under the federal safe transport law if driving through WI, but the second he removed it from his vehicle to hunt, he'd lose that immunity under this proposed law, as I understand it.  
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Big red reset button.  Yeah the one that says RESET.  The Marxists fingers are right over it, knowing it will press itself soon... They are scared shitless with thoughts of what will happen.  That very thing is why they want to press it on the gun issue.

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Link Posted: 11/6/2015 6:06:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Get the eyebleach out.
From Shitcago too!

I should have made a meme...
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 8:12:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was one here in Menashsa earlier this year. Guy with an AK shot 3 people on a bridge a couple miles from my apartment.

http://fox6now.com/2015/06/11/released-menasha-police-issue-final-report-on-trestle-trail-bridge-shooting/
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 9:44:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Get the eyebleach out.
From Shitcago too!

http://i.imgur.com/2cZVRK9.jpg

View Quote

Wait until you hear her voice
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 12:14:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There was one here in Menashsa earlier this year. Guy with an AK shot 3 people on a bridge a couple miles from my apartment.

http://fox6now.com/2015/06/11/released-menasha-police-issue-final-report-on-trestle-trail-bridge-shooting/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Um no, he used a semi auto pistol then switched to a revolver.  I live just down the road as well.

http://www.postcrescent.com/story/news/local/2015/06/11/trestle-trail-killer-see-anything/71064794/
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 3:57:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Um no, he used a semi auto pistol then switched to a revolver.  I live just down the road as well.

http://www.postcrescent.com/story/news/local/2015/06/11/trestle-trail-killer-see-anything/71064794/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

media-guide-to-firearms.jpg
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 11:37:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Get the eyebleach out.
From Shitcago too!

View Quote

She should worry more about food than "assault weapons".  Idiots don't even realize that more people are killed by blunt objects than rifles let alone "assault rifles" in this country every year.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 11:26:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

She should worry more about food than "assault weapons".  Idiots don't even realize that more people are killed by blunt objects than rifles let alone "assault rifles" in this country every year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get the eyebleach out.
From Shitcago too!

Swimming pools kill more, and they are built and run by a huge number of municipalities.  Does that mean that cities and towns who have a pool in their park district are willfully dealing in death?
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 12:55:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 8:24:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Get the eyebleach out.
From Shitcago too!

View Quote

Good Lord!!!!  That is one ugly bitch!!!!  She's freaking bloated!!  Hideous beast!!!  

(I don't mind blowing post 6000 saying that, either!!)
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 10:59:53 PM EDT
[#33]
So the test for what we are allowed to have is what she can "conceive a need" for?  Is it just up to her or can we all play that game?  

Let's see, I can not "conceive a need" for anyone to have a vehicle that can exceed 70mph.  That's the maximum speed limit right?  So no more stock car racing unless all are limited to 70mph.

Really, if "need" is the litmus test for what people are allowed to have 99% of what we do have should be taken away.

Link Posted: 11/11/2015 7:01:03 PM EDT
[#34]
I can conceive of no legitimate reason that a citizen would ever become as huge as Representative Subeck.

She's huge.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 8:07:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I can conceive of no legitimate reason that a citizen would ever become as huge as Representative Subeck.

She's huge.
View Quote

Check out Rep Zamirripa. She looks like a whale size storm from Xmen.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 11:15:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She's huge.

It's funny cause both of them have really good comic book villain names. Helps they both look like mutants too!
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 12:38:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
So the test for what we are allowed to have is what she can "conceive a need" for?  Is it just up to her or can we all play that game?  

Let's see, I can not "conceive a need" for anyone to have a vehicle that can exceed 70mph.  That's the maximum speed limit right?  So no more stock car racing unless all are limited to 70mph.

Really, if "need" is the litmus test for what people are allowed to have 99% of what we do have should be taken away.

View Quote

The conceivable need is because of treasonous bowl stains like herself.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 10:59:29 PM EDT
[#38]
I was more commenting on the fact that if we're limited to what someone without 2 brain cells to rub together can conceive of we're in trouble.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I was more commenting on the fact that if we're limited to what someone without 2 brain cells to rub together can conceive of we're in trouble.
View Quote

I figured as much. Only problem is that type of argument won't work with a wacky progressive because, even though they speed as well, they will just say you're conjecture is right to win the semantic reasoning argument. They view being able to do over the speed limit as an evil freedom, even if it is one they indulge in, but they hate freedoms of all kinds and feed on a system of more & more control. Even if deep down they don't like it. They have their reasoning based on a falsehood of self-sacrifice for a greater good, when in fact they are just being used as useful idiots of the system that they are a part of that simply wants more power & authority & the recognition that goes along with the having & gaining of that power & authority.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Anybody know who I'm supposed to call to at least voice my opinion on this?  I'm in north eastern Racine county.  

What a bunch of crap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top