Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2015 5:21:42 PM EDT
Just trying to be a good neighbor (next lane over).

WFTC is opening a new range in my backyard which will accept rifles and I know I'll get asked try one of those "AR Thingies" by a new shooter friend this winter.

I have never used one or heard one shot, but I think the concept would help everyone at an indoor range. If you have tried one let me know what you think.

And yes, a suppression device is in the future budget items.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 5:29:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Noveske KX3 flaming pig on a 10.5 in. AR, and, at least for me, it seems to keep the shock & flash directed forward. I let people new to the AR platform shoot it, and if I'm standing right next to them, it really doesn't seem any worse than any other AR. This has always been at outdoor ranges, so I can't really give an opinion as to how it would be if firing inside.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:49:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll take big bore pistols indoors over ARs, (especially short). Mostly because most magnum shooters can't afford the ammo or arthritis to roll through a couple hundred rounds.

Honestly shooting most stuff indoors is unpleasant. For a 16"+ Take a flash hider over a brake, no reason to spend a bunch of money on a K3 pig thing. An A2, vortex or similar will do the trick.

If you're talking a 7.5-10.5 inch gun, you may want something fancier than a regular FH.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:41:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just trying to be a good neighbor (next lane over).

WFTC is opening a new range in my backyard which will accept rifles and I know I'll get asked try one of those "AR Thingies" by a new shooter friend this winter.

I have never used one or heard one shot, but I think the concept would help everyone at an indoor range. If you have tried one let me know what you think.

And yes, a suppression device is in the future budget items.
View Quote

Tell us more about this range? Open to the public? Location?
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 12:11:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Tell us more about this range? Open to the public? Location?
View Quote

It's over near 126th(ish) and Burleigh on the Brookfield/Wauwatosa border.  They had a bunch of signs saying they were supposed to be open last summer/fall but I guess they fell behind.  Either way it looks like a lot of progress has been made to the building.  They have a website too.  http://www.wifirearms.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top