Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2015 11:05:40 AM EDT
Got some cheese brats, potato salad, sauerkraut, and some Pilsner Urquell's chilling in the fridge .
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 4:01:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Time to break out my Packers gear.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 8:26:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm always anxious to see how the new draft picks look. I watched the draft, and when they picked Ty Montgomery, it was a head scratcher for me. With Cobb, Nelson, Adams, Janis, Abbrederris, I didn't think they should spend a 3rd round pick on another WR..... get more DBs or LBs, positions of real depth needs. But from what I've heard, he's been putting on quite a show in practices. Can't wait to see him in a game.

I wonder if we'll see the refs check the air pressure in the Patriots footballs?
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 11:23:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm disappointed Brady won't be playing.  Always enjoy watching the packers ring his bell...even better when he throws a tantrum on the sidelines.

Fingers crossed for a healthy Rodgers.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 8:15:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm always anxious to see how the new draft picks look. I watched the draft, and when they picked Ty Montgomery, it was a head scratcher for me. With Cobb, Nelson, Adams, Janis, Abbrederris, I didn't think they should spend a 3rd round pick on another WR..... get more DBs or LBs, positions of real depth needs. But from what I've heard, he's been putting on quite a show in practices. Can't wait to see him in a game.

I wonder if we'll see the refs check the air pressure in the Patriots footballs?
View Quote

That was my thought when they drafted Jordy. We didn't him at the time, but it ended up being the right move. I've come to the conclusion that when Thompson drafts a WR, the kid will be good.

As for the game, I'll probably grab some brats. Won't be drinking as I go into work at 11pm. Glad to have football beck.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 10:39:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Packers offense looked good.  Put together some good drives, didn't finish things off with TD's, but that will come by the time regular season rolls around.

Packers defense would have a lot of potential if they didn't have such an inflexible defensive coordinator.  They need two stud line backers and a stud defensive end to run that defense.  They don't have that.  There are a couple different schemes they could be running that would work well with the talent they have, but in usual Capers  fashion he tries to force his players talent to mold around his scheme and not adjust his scheme to his players talent.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 5:12:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Nope...
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 11:08:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't care how good he has looked in practice, we had enough good receivers, so they should have used that pick for a cornerback with some speed. Rollins ran a 4.57 40 at the combine, so I'll bet he ends up playing safety. That's just not enough speed to play NFL cornerback, IMO.

They need to get Janis on the field more often, and see what he can do. They've only thrown to him a few times now, and he scored 3 touchdowns. What more does a guy need to do for more playing time? It's impossible to improve on what he has done with the few opportunities they have given him.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 6:45:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don't care how good he has looked in practice, we had enough good receivers, so they should have used that pick for a cornerback with some speed. Rollins ran a 4.57 40 at the combine, so I'll bet he ends up playing safety. That's just not enough speed to play NFL cornerback, IMO.

They need to get Janis on the field more often, and see what he can do. They've only thrown to him a few times now, and he scored 3 touchdowns. What more does a guy need to do for more playing time? It's impossible to improve on what he has done with the few opportunities they have given him.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Richard Sherman ran a 4.56, somebody better tell him he's too slow as well. Same with Brandon Browner, as he ran a 4.63. Speed isn't everything. Speed can cover up mistakes, but it's not the most important trait in a CB. Granted, I think Rollins is a Slot corner instead of an outside guy, but I think he will turn out to be a great pick. While it's a very small sample size, he graded out very highly vs the Pats.

As for Janis, his problem is he has been outplayed by both Miles White and Ty Montgomery so far in camp. He has to earn playing time in practice, and he hasn't done that yet. Maybe his play against the Pats will give him some confidence and it will transition into better practices.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 8:59:53 PM EDT
[#9]
will be there this coming Saturday....drank will be on-eth
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 1:47:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We had enough good receivers... until Nelson went down for the season. The pick of Montgomery now looks like a good move. And the play so far of DBs LaDarius Gunter (undrafted rookie FA, just like Sam Shields, same school too) and both top 2 draft picks (Rollins & Randall) has been very good (excellent in Gunter's case).

Time for Janis to step up and grab the #3 receiver position, it's a big opportunity he now has with Nelson gone. He looks like a Nelson clone too... only he's a step or two faster than Jordy.

What's up with Abbrederis, anybody know? Last I heard he had a concussion, but that was like 2-3 weeks ago.

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 8:39:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Now it's up to Rogers to get us through to the playoffs!
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:29:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

We had enough good receivers... until Nelson went down for the season. The pick of Montgomery now looks like a good move. And the play so far of DBs LaDarius Gunter (undrafted rookie FA, just like Sam Shields, same school too) and both top 2 draft picks (Rollins & Randall) has been very good (excellent in Gunter's case).

Time for Janis to step up and grab the #3 receiver position, it's a big opportunity he now has with Nelson gone. He looks like a Nelson clone too... only he's a step or two faster than Jordy.

What's up with Abbrederis, anybody know? Last I heard he had a concussion, but that was like 2-3 weeks ago.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gunter is nothing like Shields. Shields ran a blazing 4.26 40 at the combine, and Gunter ran a 4.69. Shields went undrafted because he was arrested for pot, and Gunter went undrafted because he was slow. Sure, sometimes a slower DB can still play well with good technique. But a DB who is slower than a lot of defensive ends is going to get burned at times, no matter how good his technique is.

I'm glad Reggie Wayne signed with the Pats and not the Pack, because I'd rather see what some of those promising rookies can do with the opportunity. They might be raw now, but they won't be by playoff time. Obviously it's going to hurt not having Jordy. He's a clutch player with great hands, and huge downfield threat. But I'm still more worried about corner than receiver, even with him gone. And don't forget about the lack of depth at tackle, and the fact that Bulaga is playing on a repaired MCL, so those starters better stay healthy, too.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 3:45:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm glad Reggie Wayne signed with the Pats and not the Pack, because I'd rather see what some of those promising rookies can do with the opportunity. They might be raw now, but they won't be by playoff time. Obviously it's going to hurt not having Jordy. He's a clutch player with great hands, and huge downfield threat. But I'm still more worried about corner than receiver, even with him gone. And don't forget about the lack of depth at tackle, and the fact that Bulaga is playing on a repaired MCL, so those starters better stay healthy, too.
View Quote

Agreed. I think the WRs will be fine come playoff time. Barclay being a turnstile at tackle scares me. Inside OL is ok with Tretter as the main backup, but Barclay has played like shit in both opportunities this year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top