Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2015 4:24:19 AM EDT
I am looking for some raw honey in or around Dodge county.  Any ideas.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 6:51:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I would check your local farmers market.
If my wife and I ever have extra that's where we would sell it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:55:00 PM EDT
[#2]
There's a guy at the lake mills farmers market
But that's a bit of a drive
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:57:41 AM EDT
[#3]
What is the difference between raw honey and the stuff you buy in the store?  I always thought that honey was one of those things that wasn't proccessed or had anything done with it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Honey in the store can be any thing from raw honey to some crap that has been filtered and processed so much that the FDA does not even classify it as honey.  A lot of the good parts of honey is filtered out and used separately.  Your best bet is to find local honey.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 7:56:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Check some local farms.  I know of a few here in Washington County that sell honey.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:50:05 PM EDT
[#6]
honey acres on 67 in neosho...just north of ashippun
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 5:35:53 PM EDT
[#7]
There's a farm on R outside of Hustisford that may sell it still
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:18:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Indian Summer Honey Farm......however they are between Germantown and Ceaderburg.
Great people and they have tours of there farm and how they process the honey....very educational.

http://www.indiansummerhoneyfarm.com/

They should start having honey available in June.  Some of the best raw honey I have had.

Edit to add location.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:22:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Honey in the store can be any thing from raw honey to some crap that has been filtered and processed so much that the FDA does not even classify it as honey.  A lot of the good parts of honey is filtered out and used separately.  Your best bet is to find local honey.
View Quote
Or it's cut or just flavored HFCS instead.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top