Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/6/2015 2:19:53 PM EDT
First pitch of the season just went out.  

For those of you that don't know, "Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke"'s brother is a member here.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 6:03:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Too bad they got spanked early and often.  I've been listening all day to everything going on (MLB.tv is a lifesaver).

And Lucroy is criminally underrated - this coming from a huge Yadi fan.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 7:15:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Too bad they got spanked early and often.  I've been listening all day to everything going on (MLB.tv is a lifesaver).

View Quote

True.  I'm glad I didn't get tickets and take the kids today (they're on spring break).  I've never been to opening day.  Everyone has told me opening day isn't a "kid friendly" environment anyway.  

Did you happen to see the pic of Lucroy at Miller Park holding a "FU AROC" sign from last year?

Come to think of it, does anyone remember that thread?  It was in GD and his brother was using us to get votes to get Luuuuuuuuuuuke into the Allstar game.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 9:27:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Rough day for the Brew Crew. Oh well, 161 more games to go .

Besides, I'm way more concerned with the basketball game right now.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 9:58:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Rough day for the Brew Crew. Oh well, 161 more games to go .

Besides, I'm way more concerned with the basketball game right now.
View Quote

I think everyone is.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 10:08:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is the thread I was talking about.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 5:05:42 AM EDT
[#6]
A bad day, but the great thing about baseball is, they get right back to it tomorrow. Luc should blow up this season.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 11:02:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Here is the thread I was talking about.
View Quote

Haha, that's awesome.

The guy is fantastic to watch, at least when I can get around the blackout restrictions.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:03:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Tonight's game is off to a better start.

I'm headed to Saturday's matchup against the Pirates.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 12:51:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Go Brew Crew!
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 11:01:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Start slow and finish strong.

Let's go Brewers!!!
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 6:21:35 PM EDT
[#11]
i say we dont break 50 wins
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 6:48:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Before the end of the regular season?  I'll bet you a GI 30 round mag we do.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:46:42 PM EDT
[#13]
75-80 wins this year.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:47:02 PM EDT
[#14]
82 wins this year
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 6:46:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Did somebody say my name?
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 6:47:23 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
True.  I'm glad I didn't get tickets and take the kids today (they're on spring break).  I've never been to opening day.  Everyone has told me opening day isn't a "kid friendly" environment anyway.  

Did you happen to see the pic of Lucroy at Miller Park holding a "FU AROC" sign from last year?

Come to think of it, does anyone remember that thread?  It was in GD and his brother was using us to get votes to get Luuuuuuuuuuuke into the Allstar game.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah, there's my name!

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 8:14:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ah, there's my name!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, there's my name!  

Welcome!  I thought you might like to get in here.  

Your bro did quite a bit over the winter.  He even went to the State of the Union Address, didn't he?
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 2:20:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Your bro did quite a bit over the winter.  He even went to the State of the Union Address, didn't he?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah, there's my name!  

Yep, he was invited by some Wisconsin senator. Don't know who. Too lazy to Google it lol

But I'll tell you that is is EXTREMELY happy that he went on the honor flight. That was a humbling experience for him.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yep, he was invited by some Wisconsin senator. Don't know who. Too lazy to Google it lol  

But I'll tell you that is is EXTREMELY happy that he went on the honor flight. That was a humbling experience for him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, there's my name!  

That's right, he did that too.  My grandpa was on an Honor Flight a few years ago from MKE.  My family took him to the movie debut at Miller Park.  Great program all around.  

The local NBC station and their AM radio affiliate are big Luuuuuuuuc fans and talked about him quite a bit.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#20]
For anyone out of state or anyone that wants to listen to the games at work or away from a tv, here you go.  

AM 620 live stream

The way Brewer's games are meant to be heard.  Announced by Bob Uecker.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 1:14:03 AM EDT
[#21]

O  Posted By USMARINE1108:

For anyone out of state or anyone that wants to listen to the games at work or away from a tv, here you go.  

AM 620 live stream

View Quote
My bro loves Ueck. They go fishing all the time. He is an awesome guy. I had an opportunity to go fishing with him. But instead I stayed at my Bros house to tale care of my sick wife. Both my wife and I agree that I made the wrong decision that day lol

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:30:10 PM EDT
[#22]
There a bunch of new Lucroy pictures and murals up at Miller Park. He has more pictures up than any other player.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:17:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My bro loves Ueck. They go fishing all the time. He is an awesome guy. I had an opportunity to go fishing with him. But instead I stayed at my Bros house to tale care of my sick wife. Both my wife and I agree that I made the wrong decision that day lol  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
O  Posted By USMARINE1108:

AM 620 live stream

The guy is a legend around here.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:19:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

There a bunch of new Lucroy pictures and murals up at Miller Park. He has more pictures up than any other player.
View Quote
You would know better than anyone

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 10:34:21 PM EDT
[#25]
A triple. FINALLY A HIT
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 8:17:36 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm excited to go with my family and watch the first win today.  Spank, we all have jerseys with your name on them, in support of all the great things you have done to make your brother who he is today.  

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 8:27:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm excited to go with my family and watch the first win today.  Spank, we all have jerseys with your name on them, in support of all the great things you have done to make your brother who he is today.  

View Quote

Have fun and of course, post pics or it didn't happen.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:00:40 AM EDT
[#28]
I figured that would be the case.  LOL. I've been on here three years and managed to avoid posting any photos.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:32:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I figured that would be the case.  LOL. I've been on here three years and managed to avoid posting any photos.
View Quote

Should have a nice day for tailgating.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 7:09:07 PM EDT
[#30]
This is the best you guys are going to get.

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:25:39 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/EkzMuDb.jpg

View Quote
Dare I call you a stalker?!?!!?

Just kidding. Awesome shirts!
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 9:53:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/EkzMuDb.jpg
View Quote

Nice!  

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 9:54:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Solid win today.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:23:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll bet you whatever you want that they will. PMAGs? Cash? You name it, I'll bet you on it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:01:18 PM EDT
[#35]
We really need to take a couple from the Cards!
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:14:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
We really need to take a couple from the Cards!
View Quote

Sure do.  

Lucroy out for 4-6 weeks is the last I heard.  

Good 'ole Uecker has been in rare form this season behind the microphone.  He's awesome to listen to.  He gets distracted and goes off on tangents quite often and makes some borderline off color jokes for AM radio sometimes and it's great.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:32:46 PM EDT
[#37]

Roenicke relieved of managerial duties

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:21:16 AM EDT
[#38]
....and bring in Craig Counsell
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 7:16:08 AM EDT
[#39]
With a lot of talent coming off of the DL and new management things can only look up.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 7:24:40 AM EDT
[#40]
I always like Ron, but they had to do something.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:43:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Ron is laughing all the way to the bank! His contract is guaranteed thru next year!
The only sucker is the fan!
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 4:57:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Ron is laughing all the way to the bank! His contract is guaranteed thru next year!
View Quote

I just heard on the radio he has $1.5 million left of his contract before it runs out.  So, he's going to be paid that much to play golf.    

Personally, I think that money would be better spent toward a top tier pitcher.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 7:30:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I just heard on the radio he has $1.5 million left of his contract before it runs out.  So, he's going to be paid that much to play golf.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are absolutely correct if you only look at the expenditure side of the balance sheet.  We might as well take the $1.5 million and light it on fire. At least then we would gain some warmth.

However, if we don't make some kind of substantial change, what will that cost the club in lost revenue?  Just hypothetically, let's say we lost 1.5 million ticket sales over the course of the season (I think that is roughly half of the normal attendance).  What is the average ticket price? Some seats go for $127, some for $15.  Let's figure an average of $25, plus another $10 in parking, concessions and paraphernalia. $35 x 1.5 million = $52,500,000.  Obviously if I'm low on the average ticket prices then this figure goes way up.

It probably only takes a week to recoup Ron's salary for a year.

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:41:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Managerial salaries are a drop in the bucket.  These firings are simply an easy way to show the fanbase that they are trying to fix things, even though it has very little affect on the year at all.  Nearly all baseball contracts are guaranteed, and the manager is the cheapest public face to fire.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:39:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Bump
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:59:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Bump
View Quote

Sounds like Jon is almost ready to rejoin the team. Can't wait, we could really use his leadership.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 12:38:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Thinking about going to the game Sunday.  Haven't been this year yet.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 12:41:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Love the Brewers and will continue to go to the games, but I'm writing this season off as a complete loss.  

Getting Lucroy back will help a lot, but there's no way to dig themselves out of this hole.  

Hoping next season things improve.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 8:17:23 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Sounds like Jon is almost ready to rejoin the team. Can't wait, we could really use his leadership.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bump

Yeah, he is about ready to rock n roll. He is rehabbing is Brevard county, with is a couple hours drive from here. My parents are down visiting him during his stay. I'm sure he is ready to get back in the game for real

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 9:45:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yeah, he is about ready to rock n roll. He is rehabbing is Brevard county, with is a couple hours drive from here. My parents are down visiting him during his stay. I'm sure he is ready to get back in the game for real  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bump

Word on the street is Monday.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top