Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2015 5:30:42 PM EDT
Has anyone seen or heard from him lately..??

The tribe is worried.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 6:51:21 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.ar15.com/member/member.html?id=189857

Last Login Date:
3/21/2015 12:52:45 PM CDT
Last Post Date:
3/14/2015 5:02:07 PM CDT
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 10:35:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 11:55:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kind of wondering how NAM is, haven't heard a peep from him in many months. add jrpett and MDW and a few others to that list too. prebans as well.

I have my own theories as to why but no I am not going to tell anyone else.
View Quote

While all deception requires secrecy, all secrecy is not meant to deceive.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 12:31:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:45:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Kind of wondering how NAM is, haven't heard a peep from him in many months. add jrpett and MDW and a few others to that list too. prebans as well.

I have my own theories as to why but no I am not going to tell anyone else.
View Quote

Facebook and Facebook groups. So much easier to create and join, much better variety, and when the mods and admins get drunk with power you move on to the next group. No special software to start the group, no special memberships or log ins to remember.

Internet forums are a dinosaur. It's only a matter of time before they go extinct.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 1:44:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 2:33:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm confused, do I need to go somewhere else to join said secret forum?
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 2:52:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:01:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Huh, I never post much, but I enjoyed the RN shoots.  It makes me sad that this has happened.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:28:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:42:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Facebook group eh? I have never heard of a group that basically duplicates our HTF on facebook, or is it limited to certain people?
View Quote

Beats me!!! I know there's a couple groups that call themselves AR15.COM. I joined a few groups that actually are like minded, but it's by invite only, none of them know anybody here, and it's not my place as the new guy to go inviting people. Besides, someone with an interest in criminal justice wouldn't fit in there anyway.

My point was not to say there's some top secret squirrel group on FB that everyone here left for. My point was that with the advancement in social media web forums like this are a dying breed.

3 or 4 car forums I used to frequent are all but dead.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:59:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:01:31 PM EDT
[#14]
The internet is very serious business.

It seems a lot of members have come and gone in the HTF over the last 12 years.

I have heard about the CT hometown forum went all up in arms and full retard over a certain member being banned.  The mods on AR15.com should really cut back on the banning, or at least only ban people from GD when shit goes sideways in GD.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:06:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Tell me this isn't all over because of one person.  Oh granted I know life does need to be dealt with but since that happened quite a few of the active members just up and disappeared for the most part and rarely post either. the involvement is just gone. One thing I have noticed is that a lot of the FB pages still do have rules. not much different than here. doesn't matter if I am a criminal justice student or not, unless the conversations are about illegal activities? ie; drugs ( promoting them), illiegal modifications of firearms, prostitution, murder or other illegal activities.  is that why I would not want to involve myself with those facebook groups?
View Quote

I can only tell you why I don't care to stop by here anymore. I cannot speak for others. Yes it has to do with one person and the power hungry admins that followed and the boot lickers that made excuses for them.

The groups I frequent on FB have nothing to do with whether you would like it there and everything to do with them not wanting to associate with "a statist". There's no need to discuss that any further.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:06:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:17:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Basically the same thing happened here KOTR

fivonut I am glad to hear because I like to help others and do the right thing that I am a statist. I attempt to keep an open mind but I guess that anyone that leans to the LEO side is automatically a statist talk about judgemental.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The internet is very serious business.
It seems a lot of members have come and gone in the HTF over the last 12 years.

I have heard about the CT hometown forum went all up in arms and full retard over a certain member being banned.  The mods on AR15.com should really cut back on the banning, or at least only ban people from GD when shit goes sideways in GD.

Basically the same thing happened here KOTR

fivonut I am glad to hear because I like to help others and do the right thing that I am a statist. I attempt to keep an open mind but I guess that anyone that leans to the LEO side is automatically a statist talk about judgemental.

See we're not like minded. So it shouldn't bother you that I don't post here anymore!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:25:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My apologies, that I try to be a good person and do the right thing, I am sorry that that kind of thinking and behavior offends you. I will keep that in mind if and when I ever get a career in the criminal justice field, It is a good reminder that no matter your character or morals or values that a criminal justice career is just power mad. Thanks for the clarification.
View Quote

I've got 55 receivers to cut. I already said there's no need to discuss this any further. Especially not here. I have my reasons for lurking here, one of those being I am still very involved in Roasted Nutz, I am one of only two people who know the log in for the Shoots_Info account, the email address used to create the account is my domain, and so an and so forth.

What you've basically laid out here is that we should either post like we used to or leave permanently, which is the exact kind of mentality that leads me to stay away in the first place.

If the fact that I maintain a log in here offends that much then throw your "lifetime member" weight around and have me banned.

Now, as I said I have 55 receivers to cut, and this conversation no longer interests me.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:49:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Facebook and Facebook groups. So much easier to create and join,..
Internet forums are a dinosaur. It's only a matter of time before they go extinct.
View Quote

Facebook forums seem to be great for those with a common  interest to socialize but less efficient if you are interested in credible "tech".  You can certainly ask a technical question, but you often have an exponentially larger number of people giving you answers that are less than helpful.  The problem with tech is that you have the same people asking the same questions and it is harder to keep and organize the information for new members.  You can have a list of documents, but it is difficult to ask a document a question.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:52:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:54:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Aparently there is a FaceBook group that some of the former well known members here went to, in my opinion since a majority of HTF members here are unaware of this..
View Quote

This was the secret squirrel WI HTF Facebook Page.  
 https://www.facebook.com/groups/WIHTF/
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Aparently there is a FaceBook group that some of the former well known members here went to, in my opinion since a majority of HTF members here are unaware of this..

Yeah, if that was the FB group everyone went to, they sure closed it down quick when it got posted.

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 6:45:50 PM EDT
[#25]
must be a closed group........invite only

I call
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 7:50:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I have cleaning to do here at my hose, I am busy as well. So I am a lifetime member oh well big deal. I do not have any weight to ban anyone nor the desire to or point out someone that needs it unless they break the CoC. otherwise people are free to do as they will, the point I was making is that,

being an active member to a lurker over a dustup from one person is a poor reason in my opinion.

As you say I have things with my family to do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My apologies, that I try to be a good person and do the right thing, I am sorry that that kind of thinking and behavior offends you. I will keep that in mind if and when I ever get a career in the criminal justice field, It is a good reminder that no matter your character or morals or values that a criminal justice career is just power mad. Thanks for the clarification.

I've got 55 receivers to cut. I already said there's no need to discuss this any further. Especially not here. I have my reasons for lurking here, one of those being I am still very involved in Roasted Nutz, I am one of only two people who know the log in for the Shoots_Info account, the email address used to create the account is my domain, and so an and so forth.

What you've basically laid out here is that we should either post like we used to or leave permanently, which is the exact kind of mentality that leads me to stay away in the first place.

If the fact that I maintain a log in here offends that much then throw your "lifetime member" weight around and have me banned.

Now, as I said I have 55 receivers to cut, and this conversation no longer interests me.

I have cleaning to do here at my hose, I am busy as well. So I am a lifetime member oh well big deal. I do not have any weight to ban anyone nor the desire to or point out someone that needs it unless they break the CoC. otherwise people are free to do as they will, the point I was making is that,

being an active member to a lurker over a dustup from one person is a poor reason in my opinion.

As you say I have things with my family to do.

I wasn't aware I needed any reason let alone one that was approved of.

But none of that is new to you anyway. I haven't said anything here that I haven't told you in person.

So why are you pretending to be surprised?
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#27]
it doesn't matter about being surprised or not

it's just there a few but hurt over one, then the secret squirrel garbage

BTW I think parruthead needs an apology from both you and Nightwolf357 over hijacking and the proceeding shitting in his thread
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 8:42:07 PM EDT
[#28]
I have been following this all day while at my father in laws today so my wife could spend some time with her terminally ill Father and just got back home so I am going to put my .02 worth in here and just ask one question

what the hell does it matter why someone chooses to or doesn't choose to post here or anywhere else ?

people are entitled to associate with whom ever they choose to or choose not to associate with and to go on a rant because you weren't included or because you think you know why something happened or didn't happen doesn't make it true it is your opinion and you know what they say about peoples opinions........................

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 8:46:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I have been following this all day while at my father in laws today so my wife could spend some time with her terminally ill Father and just got back home so I am going to put my .02 worth in here and just ask one question

what the hell does it matter why someone chooses to or doesn't choose to post here or anywhere else ?

people are entitled to associate with whom ever they choose to or choose not to associate with and to go on a rant because you weren't included or because you think you know why something happened or didn't happen doesn't make it true it is your opinion and you know what they say about peoples opinions........................

View Quote

opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one

BTW prayers for you and your wife
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:03:03 PM EDT
[#30]
If I wanted to leave over moderation, I would have left a decade ago when I lived in Arizona and was a part of the AZ HTF.  Not too many of us survived that insurrection unscathed, a few people are still banned/ locked AFAIK, and only recently did one of the banned people get unlocked.  It has been a decade, give or take.  I never agreed with a lot of the site staff 's moves, but this is the Avilla's board.  They make the rules and it's incumbent on me to accept and abide by them or GTFO their property.  I'm still around occasionally because I do accept those rules, do and will continue to abide by them, and because I have respect for the impressive forum that they've created.  

Why haven't I been around?  Life.  I've been balls deep in the gun business for a decade, including having a SOT and a Destructive Device dealer's license.  I've gotten to meet a lot of good people and some real shitheels.  I've watched as some truly decent friends got put through the wringer by ATF- the Cav Arms crew, Dangerous Bob, Grassel's, Ed's Guns & Range, and a few more beyond them that I won't mention publicly.  I've gotten into some really awesome stuff.  I've gotten the "privilege" of sweating neckbeards who whine about paying $20 for a transfer.  It came down to time.  I can spend 5 hours to turn 200.00 in guns with a pile of legal peril or I can spend that same amount of time to turn $5,000.00 in real estate with less legal worry.

Mortgaging my 20s and mid-30s to start a business was also unwise.  My mistress was my business, and I gave up everything else to advance that business.  I regret ignoring life and wasting some of the best years of my life in my quest to "get somewhere."  Those are years that I can never get back.  

That's a long way of saying that I'm out of business on 12/31 of this year, I'm grateful to be shutting down, and it's why I'm not hanging around on gun boards so much.  I've got things to do, wasted time to make up for, and REAL goals to accomplish.  That doesn't include Internet drama and, AFAIK, there's no rule that says that members have to come to the same place and keep continuing with what used to be-- but doesn't any more.

I'm burned out.

About a dozen peoples' decisions don't make or break Arfcom.  You'll survive without the folks who chose to do other things.  

Mike

PS.  Yes, side boards on other sites quietly exist both inside and outside of FB.  No, there is no sex in the champagne room.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:10:37 PM EDT
[#31]
What does it matter if there are special secret facebook groups or not?
Is this place to the pilot now that we are supposed to get mad or jealous if people visit other places?
I visit this site a lot, don't post up much anymore. It's not do to anyone but yeah I have felt the rath of the mods before and it was over something rediculis and a misunderstanding.  I visit a lot of forums and groups but there is only and few that I really feel welcome.

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:11:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
No, there is no sex in the champagne room.
View Quote

Well, thanks for ruining that for me!!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 12:03:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm burned out.
View Quote

Its good you figured it out sooner rather than later, and no matter what anyone says, nobody will ever look out for your best interests better than you.  The first time I told someone that in my professional life, they clearly understood I get paid but they have to live with their decision, not me.

This stuff is usually like the movie Cool Hand Luke.  Nobody is right, nobody is wrong, you will identify with one character in the story more then the others.  No matter how many times you watch the movie, Luke always ends up dead.  Don't be Luke.  If you feel like you are Luke, change direction.

This is also why I NEVER went to a Roasted nuts shoot since moving here and joining ARFCOM.  I can't just go to something like that and not help.  I know how much work it is.  BTDT and some events I helped organize in my previous life are rather large now, only minus me.  Most of the people who are "missing" here are people I enjoyed when I first joined.  I really wanted to meet Nam.  The reason was because I wanted to help him take his Dad into the field to deer hunt after reading a post once where he either asked for help or it seemed like he could have used it.  As altruistic as it would have been on my part, I never reached out to him.  To meet people in the HTF makes it more then just a place to ask questions and read information.  There are a few members I am sure I will meet but it will be because we have more than just WIHTF in common.  I have met some in here but they don't know it, I left ARFCOM out of the conversation.  When people come together with a sole connection, like the HTF, its not enough to keep them together.  It was the catalyst, but the real connections are made FTF and once that happens things like the HTF are redundant noise and only get in the way.

Once they feel like Luke, they bug out.

In my book the best ARFCOM members are all dead and gone and I miss them but I joined anyway because I am sure Wisconsin has good ones too.  It is the only reason I joined.  I go to a few other forums on ARF to try to give back where I can but frankly I usually regret it.  I just live by a rule that I give more than I take.  If I start to feel like Luke I quit giving and I quit taking, I disappear.

Maybe the "missing" feel a bit like Luke and you have to ask yourself why, because everybody loses.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:36:15 PM EDT
[#34]
It seems like a bunch of people are worried that the band is falling apart.  Yet, they don't realize that they, are part of the second generation here.  Groups form, and then they fade away.  I was here for the first band, when the HTF was rocking.  Life came along, and people had things they need to do.  I look here at the names in this thread, and none of them are from that first gen of the WI HTF community.  Time moves on, so do people.

As to the comment about how FB is killing forums socially, I have to concur.  The convenience of looking on your phone does make it very easy.  Technically, though, a forum is still teh place to be.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:12:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It seems like a bunch of people are worried that the band is falling apart.  Yet, they don't realize that they, are part of the second generation here.  Groups form, and then they fade away.  I was here for the first band, when the HTF was rocking.  Life came along, and people had things they need to do.  I look here at the names in this thread, and none of them are from that first gen of the WI HTF community.  Time moves on, so do people.

As to the comment about how FB is killing forums socially, I have to concur.  The convenience of looking on your phone does make it very easy.  Technically, though, a forum is still teh place to be.
View Quote

Hey Will, I'm from the first band also. Still hang out with the new guys too once in a wile. Hope you guys don't mind me crossing the border.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:49:28 PM EDT
[#36]
<shrug>

A lot of the folks I like to keep in contact with I talk to outside the forum.  I don't get much time to check in here, but there are people I keep in close contact with.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:05:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Hey Will, I'm from the first band also. Still hang out with the new guys too once in a wile. Hope you guys don't mind me crossing the border.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes Dan, you sure are!
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 3:40:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Holy Crap. Until this thread, I didn't realize I've been registered here for 13 years. Pretty much just "lurked" for the first 5 years. (I had dial-up internet service until about 6-7 years ago.... it took FOREVER to load a page, or post a reply.)

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:33:55 PM EDT
[#39]
I may not post often but I check in every once and a while.  Was never a part of any band but I have been here for a few years.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:57:35 PM EDT
[#40]
I don't really post here much anymore because the tech forums have been bought and paid for by site sponsors and any talk about competing products turns into troll threads. Trying to find out why but admin doesn't seem to want to answer. Maybe they'll see this post and respond because they sure as fuck aren't responding by traditional means. This entire site has turned into GD. Why pay to do that when I can do it on 4chan for free? And then you've got the whole issue of admin sponsored trolling while banning others for doing the same shit. I really don't want to burn up my account, so I'll withhold my other comments for now.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 2:20:16 AM EDT
[#41]

Being new to arfcom, I do more lurking in the HTF than actual posting.   But thought I'd say that I was sorry to see what was happening in this thread.  

I don't know what specific situation caused a decrease in activity here in the HTF.  And really, I don't need to know.   It doesn't concern me.  

With the exception of a couple places, most people from this state are pretty good folks.  If someone needs a hand, someone is there to lend one.  Have a question?  People are willing to help you find the answer.  If you have a disagreement, you say your piece, listen to the other guy, and if you can't find common ground, you agree to disagree and move onto something else.  

Nothing lasts forever.  That's the lesson.  People change, lives change, and circumstances change.  If those missing members choose to frequent this place more regularly, I'll look forward to getting to know them.  I'm betting they have a world of knowledge to share.  If not, then I'll get to know the ones who are here.  There is more that unites us in this place, than divides us.    Thanks for reading.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top