Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2015 4:39:27 PM EDT
any up dates if and when they are going to redo the range
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:46:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I almost forgot about that range. I've been going to amberg/marinette/michigan in the meantime

I haven't heard anything since September. There were no firm dates/plans for renovation as of then
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 9:42:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Last thing I understood was the county had received another grant and was planning to turn the range to face North - Northeast. That information came from the county forester. He also informed me that there was no plan for any kind of supervision of the range because the modified shooting roof and or overhang would correct the shooting over the berm problem. The feedback around town from the neighbors is quite negative for a new construction for various reasons ranging from noise to stray bullets...mostly noise. At least John Dugan can now enjoy the property he pays tax's on without the constant fear of stray bullets...which in my opinion is a positive thing.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:29:20 PM EDT
[#3]
took a ride by there today they started clearing trees wonder how long it will take.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 6:47:24 PM EDT
[#4]
took a ride there this morning it was still the same as 4 months ago guess the home owners got there way does not look like they are going to rebuild
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 7:51:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm going to call Bob S. this week and find out what kind of smoke the county is blowing these days. I presume grant problems but we shall see.

ETA: After a day of phone tag I was able to speak to the man. Just as I suspected, the grant money has not been issued yet. It would be safe to assume the Pittman Roberts fund has money and will eventually come through but the counties feelings are "it's getting late in the year to start construction so we might have to wait until next year. We might open the range for a few weeks before deer season for you guys" That sounds like the same line of BS we got last year!

I'm thinking it's going to be a long wait...
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#6]
range was on the news it will be open 2 weeks before deer hunting and the range should be done before fall of 2016 guess there not in to much of a hurry to get it done
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top