Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2015 1:45:38 AM EDT
Im looking to have a stainless steel sign made up for my company.
any arfcomers do this for a living or side job?

im looking for the style like the one below.

Link Posted: 2/18/2015 1:17:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I know who I would ask first about something like this but they are up here in the Phillips area.  They are pretty busy but I don't know if they do signs.  There is also a shop near Bruce that does a lot of stainless fabrication.  If you want contact names and numbers let me know.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in the stainless fab business. We waterjet stuff like this from time to time. We're located between Madison and the Dells.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 10:54:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know who I would ask first about something like this but they are up here in the Phillips area.  They are pretty busy but I don't know if they do signs.  There is also a shop near Bruce that does a lot of stainless fabrication.  If you want contact names and numbers let me know.
View Quote

yes, please.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 10:55:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm in the stainless fab business. We waterjet stuff like this from time to time. We're located between Madison and the Dells.
View Quote

thats not too far.
any idea what something like this would run me?
thanks
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 5:51:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Where are you located? If in the Milwaukee area, I use weldguy at weldguy.com
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 10:45:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Where are you located? If in the Milwaukee area, I use weldguy at weldguy.com
View Quote

sorry, should have mentioned that. we are by mitchell airport.
so greater milwaukee area.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 9:58:56 AM EDT
[#7]
In the past I have actually got some advice from Presa-dad above.

You will have to get your design figured out, then it has to be converted to a print/file that the waterjet can use.  Most shops with waterjet  cutters will charge based on the estimated time to cut.  They base the estimate on the file/print and material being cut.  Thicker or harder materials take longer to cut.  Waterjet is not the cheapest way to go but probably the best for something that will be front and center.  I think most fab shops that have a jet and know stainless would be able to handle it and would say what Presa said, they do it from time to time but signs don't pay the bills.  For me, I have a friend who will make prints for me and if I hand him a gun part or something and ask him to reverse Engineer it for me, he will.  It helps we are friends and my wife gives him a couple hundred thousand annually in design business.

The weight adds up quick too, so all things being equal, closer to home and having some kind of connection to the shop is better.  Talk to Presa_dad.  They probably can convert your design to a file but that won't be free either.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:44:31 PM EDT
[#8]
100.00 if you supply the material. I can do all the design work, computer rendering, and cut it out on a Flow-jet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top