Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2015 1:05:45 AM EDT
Trygve Strand Obit

Trygve A. Strand, age 67, passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday, Jan. 14, 2015, at his home in DeForest. He was born on Dec. 10, 1947, in Madison, the son of Trygve and Virginia (Quigley) Strand.

I guess we're both East High graduates.  Who owns the Ammo Box now?

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:15:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Your link is fubar'd, but google works well enough.

"died unexpectedly...at home".  Usually when I see that my mind immediately fills in the blank with "of unnatural, self-inflicted causes", but he was 67 so who knows.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:42:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Your link is fubar'd, but google works well enough.

"died unexpectedly...at home".  Usually when I see that my mind immediately fills in the blank with "of unnatural, self-inflicted causes", but he was 67 so who knows.
View Quote
I dunno.

I bought a Beretta there some time in 2008.  The owner guy looked very unhealthy. Very large (probably 350+) and wheezing the whole time I was there.

"Unexpectedly" could mean "health issues caught up with him."  Not everybody is in and out of the hospital 8 times before they croak, some just go.

Was he the only person running the store? Makes me wonder if it will stay open or not.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:53:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I went there once a year to buy ammo.  Did get a few guns over the years.  Had other people working there most of the time.

I'm shocked at how young he was.  Looked like a dying old man to me.  Assumed to be 70+ last time I saw him.  

The place is tiny, but always found something cool there.  The right kind of ammo, as would be expected of a place called the "Ammo box".

Wonder if they still stock all the odd ball ammo.  Gander completely sucks.  Not that I would pay their prices............

Tony
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:56:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Trig's Obit Link

Hope this one works better.  67 is young these days.  Wonder if he was a smoker?  Nice dog, never saw the cats.

Tony
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:32:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I live in sun prairie.   Ive been to the ammo box a handful of times too.  From what I remember, some other threads had posted he had health issues in the past, iirc.
That's too bad he passed.  He wasn't a bad guy imo.  Kinda standoffish, but maybe I would be too with some of the clientele he got.  He was lot warmer once he knew you were actually going to buy something.

RIP Trygve.

Damn, I just drove past there yesterday.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:11:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Only been to his place twice, and that was when it was near east town in madison. Back in the 80's when surplus imports were allowed again, IIRC, and got him to order a swedish mauser.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top