Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2015 8:01:01 PM EDT
Because if we can, I may start offering combo guided Bigfoot hunts & smallmouth fishing.

Also if you know the Lugerville area, I came across this http://www.lugervilleproject.com/memories.html
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:10:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:13:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I was thinking more of putting a blind on my dock and some camo on the canoe and kayaks.  People park in my drive, walk to the patio and get comfy while the grill is going.  Fresh brewed beer on tap and Bigfoot calls blasting on the stereo.  Then if the Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) ain't moving people can go fishing.

I am curious though if there are any Bigfoot protection laws like in California.  I will have to research it.

You will never hear Obama talk about the Bigfoot problem but it's real.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:41:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Nothing specific that I heard of, so I guess by default bigfoot would fall in the category of unprotected species.

If any 'protective' legislation is in place it's probably more of an attempt to prevent someone from taking a shot at some other hunter in a ghillie suit.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:25:57 PM EDT
[#4]
No it would be murder.  You didn't see bigfoot, you saw me walking around in the woods naked.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:47:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I grew up in Phillips, had several friends in Lugerville.  Spent many nights camped on the Flambeau.  LOVELY memories.  Not sure as far as bigfoot goes.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:39:46 PM EDT
[#6]
It appears to fall under unprotected species under WI Law.  

NR 10.04 Unprotected wild animals. The following
wild animals are designated unprotected. No closed season, bag
limit, size limit, or possession limit applies to these animals.
(3) Any other wild animal not specified in this chapter.
Note: Persons taking unprotected animals must possess a hunting or trapping
license and comply with all method of taking requirements of this chapter unless
otherwise authorized by the department in writing or exempted under ch. NR 12.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:44:44 PM EDT
[#7]

If you are going to offer this, please be responsible and do not allow intermediate cartridges for the hunt. .308, at minimum.

And thermal. Those damn sasquatch are sneaky bastards.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 8:22:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I grew up in Phillips, had several friends in Lugerville.  Spent many nights camped on the Flambeau.  LOVELY memories.  Not sure as far as bigfoot goes.
View Quote

The bar in Lugerville is now open again for business.  I have dropped hints about the old trap filed out back, would love to do some redneck 5 stand out there!  You won't believe how few people there are on the river in general.  I can spend a day on it and see no one.  Killing a squatch would be good for the local economy.  Even if it is just a very hairy, nude arfcomer.  I would have the Fifield grocery smoke him up and make some bacon as well.

One of these days I am going to have a sheet of AR500 cut up, I may add a few mini Bigfoots to the mix.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 8:25:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No it would be murder.  You didn't see bigfoot, you saw me walking around in the woods naked.
View Quote

Tell you what, wear a belt with a Thermacell on it and I won't shoot.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:41:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Then I wouldn't be naked.  I'm pretty furry BTW, I don't think the thermacell would be visible.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:48:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Catch and release....
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 12:29:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Oh man .... anytime I see the word Bigfoot ... all I can think of is Eddie Murphy ..... "Hi I'm Bunny, goonie goo goo"!  

Never been to Lugerville.  Stayed in Park Falls once or twice snowmobiling.  Also camped at the Connors Lake campground.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:52:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Because if we can, I may start offering combo guided Bigfoot hunts & smallmouth fishing.

Also if you know the Lugerville area, I came across this http://www.lugervilleproject.com/memories.html
View Quote

I know that area perfect area for Bigfoot hope he (or she) enjoys canoeing

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The bar in Lugerville is now open again for business.  I have dropped hints about the old trap filed out back, would love to do some redneck 5 stand out there!  You won't believe how few people there are on the river in general.  I can spend a day on it and see no one.  Killing a squatch would be good for the local economy.  Even if it is just a very hairy, nude arfcomer.  I would have the Fifield grocery smoke him up and make some bacon as well.

One of these days I am going to have a sheet of AR500 cut up, I may add a few mini Bigfoots to the mix.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the Macky Spur Tap down in Ogema is still in business a big foot hanging over the bar in place of Eddie's 50 yr old lynx would be good....(Unless Gene sold it or ate it)
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 12:10:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If the Macky Spur Tap down in Ogema is still in business a big foot hanging over the bar in place of Eddie's 50 yr old lynx would be good....(Unless Gene sold it or ate it)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The bar in Lugerville is now open again for business.  Ie have dropped hints about the old trap filed out back, would love to do some redneck 5 stand out there!  You won't believe how few people there are on the river in general.  I can spend a day on it and see no one.  Killing a squatch would be good for the local economy.  Even if it is just a very hairy, nude arfcomer.  I would have the Fifield grocery smoke him up and make some bacon as well.

Never heard of that bar and I have only been in one bar, one time only, in Ogema.  We have been up here little less than 2 years.  I have been in more bars recently due to getting sucked in to playing in the dart league for the only bar that even knows my name.  It was during one dart night that I became aware of the real connection with BF and Lugerville.  I just thought the local herb garden Indian shaman healer was likely just a farse.  
Who knew he was the real deal!

Maybe someday we will have an arfcom shoot up here.  Running Bigfoot targets would seem to be the ideal theme.  Many moons ago a club I was in had a Hemingway shoot.  You had to wear some kind of safari garb.  Minimum caliber was like .338, 20 shots.  Some African game shaped steel swingers.  A gallon of water dyed red coming right at you.  If you missed, the jug was taken out about 3-4 feet in front of you and you had to shoot it.  Fucking mess.  No gaming the loads either.  You handed over your 20 rounds before the shoot started.  If you used hot loads, you used them for every shot.  I guess today it would be a Zombie shoot but I like the idea of a Bigfoot Hunt shoot.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:51:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't that place burn down?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top