Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2015 11:55:33 PM EDT
Any of the LGS/sporting goods stores around MKE / SE WI actually carry a glock 19 for around MAP?  For such a pedestrian and common firearm, it sure seems like "Gander" pricing is the norm around here.  

I don't mind doing a transfer, but it would be nice to skip the extra hassle this time around.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:12:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Any of the LGS/sporting goods stores around MKE / SE WI actually carry a glock 19 for around MAP?  For such a pedestrian and common firearm, it sure seems like "Gander" pricing is the norm around here.  

I don't mind doing a transfer, but it would be nice to skip the extra hassle this time around.
View Quote

Where have you looked so far? Midwest Industries and Wisconsin Tactical have had good pricing on firearms compared to the stores in Milwaukee that I have seen in the past.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:14:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Fletchers is usually good on their prices too.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:33:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Looked at Gander
Looked at Shorty's
Looked at Shooters Sports Center in Racine

Fletchers looks like they're OK although (checking the website) still high enough that a transfer makes more sense.  

Never been to Midwest and I see they're closed for the week.  Can't find handguns on the website to check pricing.  May have to stop in.

No problem with places making a buck, but MAP obviously already has profit built into it...
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:10:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I think MI has decent prices. You should call them when they're back from Shot
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:52:58 AM EDT
[#5]
There is a guy on the EE selling a new in box Gen4 FDE G19.
FTF>LGS

EE LINK
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:00:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:01:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Wasn't shorty's pulling some shenanigans at gun shows?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like you spent way more in gas driving around than if you would have just bought it at the first store you went to.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:13:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:12:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I recently ordered online and transferred through a guy in West Allis. It could not have been easier. He called within a couple hours of receiving the firearm. I like supporting low-BS gun shops but at some point their markup becomes a bit unreasonable and I start shopping online.

I've seen fair deals at Fleet Farm in Menomonee Falls and Fletchers.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:23:41 AM EDT
[#11]
What does one consider a "fair markup" on an item?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:56:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Check Widwest Shooters Supply in Lomira.  About 30 mins north of Cabelas.

If you reload, they have lots of stuff there, and normal prices pre-panic prices, too.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:09:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:33:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My rule of thumb is "The good internet price" + Shipping & Handling, + FFL x-fer fee of $35 + Whatever premium I place on the "get it now" factor, and being able to hand-pick/inspect the item.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My rule of thumb is "The good internet price" + Shipping & Handling, + FFL x-fer fee of $35 + Whatever premium I place on the "get it now" factor, and being able to hand-pick/inspect the item.

This has been my formula for just about everything not grocery or vehicle related.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 7:45:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Check Midwest Shooters Supply in Lomira.  About 30 mins north of Cabelas.

If you reload, they have lots of stuff there, and normal prices pre-panic prices, too.
View Quote

What is even easier is go to Cabelas and have them price match Shooter Supply.   Easy 10% off.  

Shooters supply does rock.  I try to buy something from them every time I pass though.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:59:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:05:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Call us on Monday when we get back and I can give you a price.
We are out of the office until then but we can help you.

Thank You
Andy
MI
View Quote

I vote Midwest. They stock a really nice selection including some of the Lipseys exclusives like the all FDE glock I picked up there.

Prices are better than Cabelas and Gander.

Guys are nice too.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:12:35 PM EDT
[#19]
I stumbled on a place Thursday that seems like a good place and gave me a really fair price on a gun.  It's by the Gander Mountain off of hwy 45 and Mequon road.  I think it's called Rons guns.  I saw the sign when walking out of gander mountain with my head about to explode with there insane high prices
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:23:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This has been my formula for just about everything not grocery or vehicle related.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. From car parts, firearms, or anything available on Amazon ....
I used to refuse to buy certain things unseen. Boots especially. My last two pairs of Danners were internet sales and I have no complaints.

Being a brick and mortar is a very slim proposition these days. If you aren't ruthlessly efficient you're going to end up bankrupt and folded.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:59:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone see a good price on a 9mm M&P Shield?
I'm seeing them online for $330-350.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Anyone see a good price on a 9mm M&P Shield?
I'm seeing them online for $330-350.
View Quote

I bought a Shield about a year ago at MI. They had the best price out of all the places I could find locally. Same with an M&P 9.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 4:43:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I recently ordered online and transferred through a guy in West Allis. It could not have been easier. He called within a couple hours of receiving the firearm. I like supporting low-BS gun shops but at some point their markup becomes a bit unreasonable and I start shopping online.

I've seen fair deals at Fleet Farm in Menomonee Falls and Fletchers.

View Quote

Did that happen to be Kevin? Real nice and professional guy and is a Godsend for the area.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:20:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Just found Shields online for $309 shipped.
With and without safety.

I don't think I'll find a better price at any LGS.

NVM... It's LEO price.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:52:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Check Widwest Shooters Supply in Lomira.  About 30 mins north of Cabelas.

View Quote

Midwest shooters is nice but the 100 mile round trip turns into 200 miles when buying a handgun.  I'd likely save money even with a $40 transfer from all the gas I'd burn.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top