Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2014 12:55:38 PM EDT
HEAVY RAINS COMING AFTER MID NIGHT.   Time to build the ARK.  
Flash flood watch and flood watch issued for the whole state.  Midnight through Wed morning.  Then we get to see where all the water goes.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:58:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I get to watch the brown run straight into Lake Michigan
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 5:18:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Good timing.... we just had 6"+ rain late last week, and everything that holds water (rivers, creeks, lakes, ponds) is full to the brim.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 7:39:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Someone call Russell Crowe, we need a freakin ark built!
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 10:29:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good timing.... we just had 6"+ rain late last week, and everything that holds water (rivers, creeks, lakes, ponds) is full to the brim.
View Quote

Yeah, this morning on my way out to work after 5-6 hours of rain during the night and still raining there was standing water in the spots on the road that tell me the bog will be in the road tonight on my way home.  This Spring my neighbor down the road had to park her car at our place then take a canoe up the road until she got to high ground.  I thought we were going to hit that level last week when the river peaked.  River was dropping last few days, until last night, now its rising again.

All summer I have seen as many ducks roadside and crossing the roads as I have other critters.  They raised their young in bogs right by the roads, they never dropped to normal levels like last year.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 6:19:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sposed to be 28° at your house on Fri night time to clean up the ice fishing shack!
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 6:21:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
HEAVY RAINS COMING AFTER MID NIGHT.   Time to build the ARK.  
Flash flood watch and flood watch issued for the whole state.  Midnight through Wed morning.  Then we get to see where all the water goes.
View Quote

I know where its gonna go and hopefully under the Bridge @ Blue River rather than over it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:59:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Sposed to be 28° at your house on Fri night time to clean up the ice fishing shack!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's 38 degrees right now! There were reports (on the 6 o'clock news) of snow flurries near Arbor Vitae, Minocqua, Lac Du Flambeau this afternoon. I was up north of Phelps until about 3:30... saw a few on my way back to Eagle River, a little after 4.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 10:05:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It's 38 degrees right now! There were reports (on the 6 o'clock news) of snow flurries near Arbor Vitae, Minocqua, Lac Du Flambeau this afternoon. I was up north of Phelps until about 3:30... saw a few on my way back to Eagle River, a little after 4.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I remember correctly it was just about this time of month down in Marshfield where we played a 6th grade football game in about 8-10" fresh wet snow
That was cold fall and long winter....but I liked winter back in those days....of course being 11 always helps

Guess I will call my firewood guy tomorrow and get a couple more loads put up......gonna have to fire up the wood stove here this weekend for sure.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:23:22 AM EDT
[#9]
"Guess I will call my firewood guy tomorrow and get a couple more loads put up......gonna have to fire up the wood stove here this weekend for sure."

Crap I had not thought of that.  Another thing to add to the to list.
Well the stream didn't flood so we did not get as much rain as predicted.    So who is ready for the upcoming Solar storm and CME headed our way on Friday.     We are suppose to be able to see the Norther lights.

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 1:24:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
"Guess I will call my firewood guy tomorrow and get a couple more loads put up......gonna have to fire up the wood stove here this weekend for sure."

Crap I had not thought of that.  Another thing to add to the to list.
Well the stream didn't flood so we did not get as much rain as predicted.    So who is ready for the upcoming Solar storm and CME headed our way on Friday.     We are suppose to be able to see the Norther lights.

View Quote

Yea, I just did the same thing yesterday, got it all delivered today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top