Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2014 7:29:00 PM EDT
This coming Saturday Griffin Armament will be on site from 9AM-4PM and for $5 (to cover ammo costs) you will be able to test fire 3 different suppressed firearms (reportedly a rimfire handgun, AR platform rifle and a bolt gun).   Griffin is reportedly bringing other suppressors also.

Craig Kubiak will be on site to draft a NFA Trust for those who desire one.

For any Suppressor purchased on Saturday they will waive the $75 Form 4 Paperwork Filing Fee.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:03:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm, wife and I might have to stop by.

Thanks IK.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:26:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn, its looking like I will be out of town otherwise I would definitely be going. I am looking to purchase a Recce 7 soon.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#3]
What's a $75 Form 4 Paperwork Filing Fee?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:31:00 AM EDT
[#4]
The SOT's transfer fee - $75 is about the going rate for everything but a MG, which are usually $100-150 or more depending on storage considerations.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:41:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The SOT's transfer fee - $75 is about the going rate for everything but a MG, which are usually $100-150 or more depending on storage considerations.
View Quote

That's a good deal
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:37:46 PM EDT
[#6]
What does a trust cost?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What does a trust cost?
View Quote

I just had one done w/ Craig and it was a one time fee of $350. I figured out how to use my legal plan I have at work to get it free though...lucky me.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Uhh, yeah, but most sots only charge a transfer fee if you don't buy from them.  Precision charges $75 if you buy from them?!  No wonder I don't know anyone that has bought from them...
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:54:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Figures.... I'll be working just a few miles up the road.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:34:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Uhh, yeah, but most sots only charge a transfer fee if you don't buy from them.  Precision charges $75 if you buy from them?!  No wonder I don't know anyone that has bounght from them...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uhh, yeah, but most sots only charge a transfer fee if you don't buy from them.  Precision charges $75 if you buy from them?!  No wonder I don't know anyone that has bounght from them...

This is exactly what I was thinking. I can't remember the last time I bought anything at Precision.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:07:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Figures.... I'll be working just a few miles up the road.
View Quote

LUNCH BREAK!
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:19:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This is exactly what I was thinking. I can't remember the last time I bought anything at Precision.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And it sounds like they charge msrp...you can go through silencer shop and still pay significantly less with the transfer fee.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#13]
A buddy of mine had them assemble a 6.8 upper, and could never get good groups with it. He finally took it apart, and the barrel nut was finger tight.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 12:16:23 AM EDT
[#14]
I cant say I have had the best experiences there either. I only shop there because they usually have IMR 4064 on the shelf and my office is in Oshkosh so it's mildly convenient. But the employees are either rude or have no idea what they are talking about and most of their prices are high....about 10-20% over the market. Fox Valley Firearms in Appleton doesn't charge you a filing fee, I just put my paperwork in for the SDN-6 in the past week or so and all I had to do was fill out the form 4 and provide a copy of my trust and the $200 and it was a day, and he even lets you make payments while you're waiting, ask Precision if they let you.........The answer is no. Granted they have a lot more on the shelf and in front of you but I would rather wait than have to deal with them.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:57:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I cant say I have had the best experiences there either. I only shop there because they usually have IMR 4064 on the shelf and my office is in Oshkosh so it's mildly convenient. But the employees are either rude or have no idea what they are talking about and most of their prices are high....about 10-20% over the market. Fox Valley Firearms in Appleton doesn't charge you a filing fee, I just put my paperwork in for the SDN-6 in the past week or so and all I had to do was fill out the form 4 and provide a copy of my trust and the $200 and it was a day, and he even lets you make payments while you're waiting, ask Precision if they let you.........The answer is no. Granted they have a lot more on the shelf and in front of you but I would rather wait than have to deal with them.
View Quote

I bought my can from Nate at Fox Valley as well. He is good to deal with and his prices are fair.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:07:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I bought my can from Nate at Fox Valley as well. He is good to deal with and his prices are fair.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is my plan. I think Nate has some of the best prices in the area.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Nate is probably the best shop in this area. He has the best prices in my opinion and never had an issue. He seems like a down to earth guy unlike the asshats at precision.

I called precision looking for a 300 blackout barrel and the guy told me he went to look and they had two in stock in the length i wanted. I got there and they told me that they havent seen one in months. and when i called them out on it they flat out lied to my face because they guy i talked to on the phone was the one i dealt with in person.
Everything at precision is msrp or a few bucks less than that.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:43:33 PM EDT
[#18]
As for pricing and a great guy to deal with for cans, look up leotrainer on here.   In my experience, he's cheaper than nate.

As for precision, I've bought reloading supplies from them, and I picked up my pelican 1750 from them on sale for $200.  I can't even find them that cheap online.

I wouldn't buy guns or cans from them though.  It's pretty cool they are a stocking Nightforce dealer too, but I got my 12-42 nxs for over $300 cheaper from Jay at sport optics...
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:47:45 PM EDT
[#19]
A dealer sets up demo days for suppressors and the discussion turns into a nickel and dime critic of how much profit is acceptable for a business to make.  Sometimes these threads turn into a wives bragging match as to which grocery store they can use the most coupons at.  I do the majority of my business at Precision.  I have for at least 20 years.  Are they always the cheapest? No.  They do treat me with integrity.  If I make an unusual request they do the research, deliver, and I pay for it.

In general I think we expect too much from the gun counter guys (GCG).  These aren't highly specialized operators making 100k a year.  A retail owner expects in his employee honesty, reliability, and good customer service.  Product knowledge develops over time.  The unfortunate reality is that in today's retail environment it in not feasible to pay a GCG 60k a year.   Bummer to call and be told a product is in stuck only to arrive and find the guy you talked to on the phone is wrong.  Been there, done that.  Maybe I'm a poor judge of character but I'm surprised they lied to your face.

We all appreciate a local stocking dealer but get disgruntled when they aren't matching prices of the mail order retailers.  I've only been to Fox Valley once.  They were polite but it appeared to be a bare bones establishment with no on site range with very limited inventory.  I'm not bashing them, the more local dealers the better.

Bottom line, we all expect so much from our local dealers and are so ready to bypass them to save a couple bucks is it a wonder that there are so few them left?  Remember when almost every town had a local guy who was an FFL/gunsmith?  Lets try to support the few we have left.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:40:34 PM EDT
[#20]
the wife and i made it up there yesterday, she loved shooting the walther with the can. she also show a couple AR's (.223 and .300 blk sub) and was surprised how loud the .223 was.

i spoke with Craig for a few minutes and learned a lot.

they had a good amount of powder and gear, was nice to see a shop with NFA items in stock. all in all, a good trip and i appreciate they put the event on
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:45:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
A dealer sets up demo days for suppressors and the discussion turns into a nickel and dime critic of how much profit is acceptable for a business to make.  Sometimes these threads turn into a wives bragging match as to which grocery store they can use the most coupons at.  I do the majority of my business at Precision.  I have for at least 20 years.  Are they always the cheapest? No.  They do treat me with integrity.  If I make an unusual request they do the research, deliver, and I pay for it.

In general I think we expect too much from the gun counter guys (GCG).  These aren't highly specialized operators making 100k a year.  A retail owner expects in his employee honesty, reliability, and good customer service.  Product knowledge develops over time.  The unfortunate reality is that in today's retail environment it in not feasible to pay a GCG 60k a year.   Bummer to call and be told a product is in stuck only to arrive and find the guy you talked to on the phone is wrong.  Been there, done that.  Maybe I'm a poor judge of character but I'm surprised they lied to your face.

We all appreciate a local stocking dealer but get disgruntled when they aren't matching prices of the mail order retailers.  I've only been to Fox Valley once.  They were polite but it appeared to be a bare bones establishment with no on site range with very limited inventory.  I'm not bashing them, the more local dealers the better.

Bottom line, we all expect so much from our local dealers and are so ready to bypass them to save a couple bucks is it a wonder that there are so few them left?  Remember when almost every town had a local guy who was an FFL/gunsmith?  Lets try to support the few we have left.
View Quote

Get used to it on here.  People will go look at all the toys at the LGS and then go order it from some guy working on his kitchen table to save $20.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:18:32 PM EDT
[#22]
I made it there as well.  Nice to chat with the guys about their suppressors and shoot them.  I appreciate them putting it on.

Did see a Subaru there with an arfcom sticker on it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:36:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Welcome aboard.. First post eh?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
A dealer sets up demo days for suppressors and the discussion turns into a nickel and dime critic of how much profit is acceptable for a business to make.  Sometimes these threads turn into a wives bragging match as to which grocery store they can use the most coupons at.  I do the majority of my business at Precision.  I have for at least 20 years.  Are they always the cheapest? No. They do treat me with integrity.  If I make an unusual request they do the research, deliver, and I pay for it.

View Quote

You are the minority, or maybe I just have to spend a ton in there to get anywhere with them. Every time I go in I am usually ignored until I ask a question then they barely look up from the computer to answer me or the old guy (former owner?, his dad?) is arrogant and tries to answer a question then just says "ah, I don't work here you have to ask them" and goes off laughing with his buddy. I ain't got time for that. The one and only reason I go in there is to get powder, if it wasn't for that I wouldn't go in there. Well, I did buy my Rock Creek 300blk barrel from them and while it is a nice and mildly rare barrel they got a mint for it, did I complain? No, I could have ordered a CMMG or something else but I gave them the cash. Anyways, I will stick with Nate up at Fox Valley even though he barely keeps anything on the shelf and is a little slow on projects haha. But when my Vortex Razor HD 5-20 cost $1650 brand new, why would I complain?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:46:39 PM EDT
[#25]
I hear you.  I was active on this site for years under "Wulfgar" or "Leafy"  (can't remember).  Haven't posted for years since, just read.  Tried to sign in but couldn't so said piss on it, I'll create a fresh account.  I'm not the owner of Precision, but I understand the .  All good.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:57:43 PM EDT
[#26]
75.00 fee to start the paperwork?

Better places to drop some coin to get your C3 stuff than these idiots.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:21:13 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm not to sure I wanna buy the suppressor I was eye balling there anymore. They are nice and friendly folks.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:56:52 AM EDT
[#28]
I was doing business until they lied to me also. Prices quoted for a transfer conveniently changed to make it seem like I could just buy from them for the same price... Thanks but no thanks
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 1:32:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I was doing business until they lied to me also. Prices quoted for a transfer conveniently changed to make it seem like I could just buy from them for the same price... Thanks but no thanks
View Quote

I ended up just purchasing a saker 762 through Nate at Fox Valley firearms. He even beat Silencer Shop's price. And best of all, no ridiculous transfer on top of the purchase price.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:23:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was lied to about a blue gun Glock purchase. The prices were high and they stated night sights went up in price. I called "J" my firend at Glock who I used to do business with when I had an FFL. She stated prices had not gone up in two years nor would they for two more.

First time shame on you...never again.

V
OUT
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:08:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Get used to it on here.  People will go look at all the toys at the LGS and then go order it from some guy working on his kitchen table to save $20.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ROFLMAO  maybe they have read your posts on here and have decided they wont spend a dime with someone who doesn't like the way they carry their firearms.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:59:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

ROFLMAO  maybe they have read your posts on here and have decided they wont spend a dime with someone who doesn't like the way they carry their firearms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure what you mean, I don't own this or any other store.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:24:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope. Just another sales rep that doesn't care about the little guy.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:46:40 PM EDT
[#34]
If the "little guy" is in business to actually make money then that's great but when he's selling a $500 gun and making $10 then he's not really a business but doing it as a hobby.  If all he's doing is selling stuff for cost he's really not doing anybody any good except the cheap skate that doesn't understand what it costs to run a business.  Keep it up and all you will have around will be Gander, Cabelas, and a guy at his table who doesn't have any stock.  You want to see something besides the 20 models that Gander carries to bad, you'll have to pay up front and see what you get from the table guy.

You're wrong in that I do fight for the little guy everyday, I don't fight for the guy who's trying to ruin the industry.  I'm not aiming that comment at anyone in particular who has been named in this thread.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:32:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If the "little guy" is in business to actually make money then that's great but when he's selling a $500 gun and making $10 then he's not really a business but doing it as a hobby.  If all he's doing is selling stuff for cost he's really not doing anybody any good except the cheap skate that doesn't understand what it costs to run a business.  Keep it up and all you will have around will be Gander, Cabelas, and a guy at his table who doesn't have any stock.  You want to see something besides the 20 models that Gander carries to bad, you'll have to pay up front and see what you get from the table guy.

You're wrong in that I do fight for the little guy everyday, I don't fight for the guy who's trying to ruin the industry.  I'm not aiming that comment at anyone in particular who has been named in this thread.
View Quote

So you think there are little guys out there trying to ruin the industry?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 1:52:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I ended up just purchasing a saker 762 through Nate at Fox Valley firearms. He even beat Silencer Shop's price. And best of all, no ridiculous transfer on top of the purchase price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nate is the f-cking man. Been doing business with him since I could legally purchase a firearm. He goes up and beyond expectations.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 8:12:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Nate is the f-cking man. Been doing business with him since I could legally purchase a firearm. He goes up and beyond expectations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree 100%
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I agree 100%
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree 100%

+1
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:19:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
75.00 fee to start the paperwork?

Better places to drop some coin to get your C3 stuff than these idiots.
View Quote

Yep, purchased suppressors from them in 08 and they messed up the serial number. ATF caught it. Woops.

My last suppressor purchase from them they snuck in the $75 fee for filling out the f4 because "people are too dumb" to do it themselves.

Take your money elsewhere.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 3:26:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

+1

Except if you want anything done on time or in any reasonable amount of time haha. Nate is a good guy and I call him a friend, but he does take forever to do anything. I bought my Vortex Razor HD through him and it took 3 months to come in...I was in Saudi Arabia most of the time so it wasn't a big deal but I would have liked it when I came back. He also came in about $500 cheaper than Precision on that deal.

Nate is a good dude and I will continue to do business with as long as I can....He also has an AAC SDN-6 that I have pending.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree 100%

+1

Except if you want anything done on time or in any reasonable amount of time haha. Nate is a good guy and I call him a friend, but he does take forever to do anything. I bought my Vortex Razor HD through him and it took 3 months to come in...I was in Saudi Arabia most of the time so it wasn't a big deal but I would have liked it when I came back. He also came in about $500 cheaper than Precision on that deal.

Nate is a good dude and I will continue to do business with as long as I can....He also has an AAC SDN-6 that I have pending.

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 6:22:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Kind of bummer I didn't hear about this until now, but I'll agree with others with the $75 paperwork fee is

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top