Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2014 4:03:19 PM EDT
Looking to get a membership at a range in the Eau Claire area.  Anyone live around here that prefers a certain range?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:45:56 AM EDT
[#1]
When I lived in the Eau Claire/ Chippewa Falls area, I went Chippewa County's rage outside of Tilden.  $3 day or $15 for year pass.  Just make sure to check the online calendar as its reserved quite often for LE shoots.

http://www.co.chippewa.wi.us/government/sheriff/public-firearms-range-training-facility
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#2]

What he said, Tilden..

Always check the calendar, certain times of year are busy, like during Hunters Education season.

If Tilden is busy, I usually take a ride up-river to the range outside of Cornell, always open.  There are
never any groups scheduled there as there are no facilities.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 11:31:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I just bought a membershipt to E.C. Rod and Gun... $25 from scheels. Although I haven't gotten the chance to get out there yet.

Previously I've always gone to the range in Tilden... Usually pretty dead everytime I've gone
http://www.co.chippewa.wi.us/government/sheriff/public-firearms-range-training-facility
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:13:51 AM EDT
[#4]
There is a free to use public range in Menomonie that is run by the Menomonie Rifle and Pistol Club and Dunn County Fish and Game. As a UW Stout student it's nice to have a range 10 minutes from campus. . There is a donation box by the sign in kiosk when you enter, put in a couple bucks if you can. There are always at least 1 RO on deck who are more than willing to help you. They have taget stands and cardboard to put your targets on. It's a very welcoming place that also keeps things safe.

http://www.menomonierifleandpistolclub.org/
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:22:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a free to use public range in Menomonie that is run by the Menomonie Rifle and Pistol Club and Dunn County Fish and Game. As a UW Stout student it's nice to have a range 10 minutes from campus. . There is a donation box by the sign in kiosk when you enter, put in a couple bucks if you can. There are always at least 1 RO on deck who are more than willing to help you. They have taget stands and cardboard to put your targets on. It's a very welcoming place that also keeps things safe.

http://www.menomonierifleandpistolclub.org/
View Quote

Agree, it is a very nice range but it is only open when an RO is there.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 2:24:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been to the Menomonie range a few times, not a bad place for a free range.  I got a membership at the EC Rod and Gun.  Hoping to get out there once a week when free time from work allows!
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Eau Claire Rod & Gun Club is my favorite.  They recently added a nice roof over the rifle shooting lanes.  The steel targets on the pistol side are always fun to plink at.  I only wish the range was open on Sunday during the summer.

Westgate Sportsman Club is decent.  My only gripe would be the walk down to the outdoor shooting area.  I always lug a few different guns and ammo with me to the range.  The walk back up to the truck makes for a good leg workout.

Bloomer Rod & Gun Club has been a nice surprise this summer.  I've taken the wife with me to shoot on Sundays a few times recently.  You can shoot out to 200 yards which is great.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 3:06:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm a fan of the Menomonie Range. Open quite often, always little improvements getting done.
Range work day today actually.
Can shoot out to 300.
There is a clay thrower, but not as much shotgunning there.
Whispering Emerald Ridge isn't far from the Menomonie range, they offer sporting clays and five stand as well as hunting.

It is a donation range, right off I94.

Colfax sportsmans club isn't open as often, but thursday night steel shoots. It is just starting up, and not super competitive. Just a fun local thing for 5 bucks.

Off I believe Q in Altoona area is a 600-1000 yard range I believe?

Augusta has some uspsa matches.

Westgate does bullseye competition.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top