Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2014 8:31:43 AM EDT
I saw your truck on I-43 this morning heading towards Milwaukee.  Awesome plate!!!

EDIT:  Changed the title thanks to the safecracking twist to the thread.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 9:31:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I saw your truck on I-43 this morning heading towards Milwaukee.  Awesome plate!!!

View Quote

Im still trying to think of something clever for my .mil plate.
CWG already has MUR1CA on his
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 12:16:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a sesquicentennial plate that reads "SAF CRKR", because that's what I do, I crack safes.

It's due for renewal this month, and the DMV is "retiring" all sesquicentennial plates because so many are faded and  in bad shape (they were issued in the late1990s). Mine look like new, but they're sending me  SAF CRKR on a regular plate for a "mandatory" replacement.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 2:37:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a sesquicentennial plate that reads "SAF CRKR", because that's what I do, I crack safes.

It's due for renewal this month, and the DMV is "retiring" all sesquicentennial plates because so many are faded and  in bad shape (they were issued in the late1990s). Mine look like new, but they're sending me  SAF CRKR on a regular plate for a "mandatory" replacement.
View Quote

Where do you live and what do you charge?

Also keeping on topic with sweet WI plates

RiflemanWI and I at fort McCoy three gun

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit for opsec
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vilas County. I charge a service call / travel charge, plus... for opening a locked safe it's $75 for 1st hour, $60 per hour if any additional time is needed. I don't "pro-rate" the 1st hour... 5 minutes,15 minutes, or 59 minutes is still billed as one hour. After first hour, it's a buck a minute. Most openings are less than an hour (most less than 30 minutes ), but repairing to make the safe usable can take more time than opening. Changing a combo on a manual dial lock is same rate, but I do pro-rate that, with a $35 minimum.

eta: I only work in Vilas, Oneida, and northern Forest counties. I used to travel wherever people were willing to pay me to go, but I semi-retired 2 yrs ago, I'm only part-time now, and I no longer do "road trips".

I also have another "option" on payment. Instead of hourly rate on opening any locked safe with unknown contents,  I get 50% of the value of the contents of the safe. This does not include repairing the safe for use, just opening it. If it's empty, it becomes my safe.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 9:34:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

When I drag you up to my cabin, we will bring it with.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 5:46:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

If I remember correctly, I believe the owner is a MPD officer.
Really cool guy, definitely on our side.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:43:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are talking about dragging a safe up for RFB to crack, let me know when, I will cruise over just to watch and BS a bit.  We will turn that safe into some kind of event.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:57:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you are talking about dragging a safe up for RFB to crack, let me know when, I will cruise over just to watch and BS a bit.  We will turn that safe into some kind of event.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

GD safe thread, with real results.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:00:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think my birth cert, ss card, HS diploma and some challenge coins are in it
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:13:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where's your cabin? There's another member here who has a safe that needs opening, up in Boulder Junction. His can't be moved, it's built into a wall. We can have a safe opening class.

Did I mention there's an WI HTF discount? You can pay me in Dang or ammo for all labor. If you don't know what Dang is, you don't qualify for the discount.

If you have a safe with a group 2 mechanical lock made by either Sargent & Greenleaf (6730), Ilco Unican (P67, exact copy of the S&G 6730), or LaGard (3330), and need it opened because you don't know the combo, I have an auto-dialer that can decipher the combo on those three most popular commercial grade safe locks. It dials all conceivable combos in sequence until it opens the lock. There's 1 million "theoretical" combinations in a 3 tumbler, 100 number, lock (100X100X100)... it'll do them all in a maximum of 30 hours, no damage to the lock, other than 2 small 10-24 threaded holes in the center of the dial to attach the motor to the dial. Obviously I don't charge by the hour for use of the dialer, but nor will I leave it run unattended in a non-secure area. Non-functioning, or lost combo electronic locks require drilling.

P.S.  I'm not available on any weekend between Sept 1st and Dec. 1st... it's hunting season, and I'm either in a duck blind, chasing grouse, or in pop-up blind hunting deer.    

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:14:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What kind of safe is it? Got a brand name on it? If it, by chance, is a Sentry homeowner fire safe with a dial (not a key pad), I can dial that open in about 10-20 minutes. No damage, no tools needed.... just my fingers and a pencil & paper.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:46:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What kind of safe is it? Got a brand name on it? If it, by chance, is a Sentry homeowner fire safe with a dial (not a key pad), I can dial that open in about 10-20 minutes. No damage, no tools needed.... just my fingers and a pencil & paper.
View Quote

My dads got a place a few miles north of Antigo, ive been meaning to drag CWG up with me so we can shoot his .50 finally.
It would be interesting to watch you crack them, we'll have to bring some Dang too
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 1:02:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

My dads got a place a few miles north of Antigo, ive been meaning to drag CWG up with me so we can shoot his .50 finally.
It would be interesting to watch you crack them, we'll have to bring some Dang too
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was that you I met at the gun show with Devin?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:27:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What? You didn't take one of these with you when you ETS'ed? This would open your safe......
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, that was me.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:48:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Saw a license plate a week or so ago in Dane County that said:

"EX LIB"

Thought that was interesting and I wonder if it means what I think it does.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:29:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yep, that was me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, that was me.

Couple of cereal operators at that table
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:31:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Where's your cabin? There's another member here who has a safe that needs opening, up in Boulder Junction. His can't be moved, it's built into a wall. We can have a safe opening class.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We will slap a GoPro camera on your forehead and I will set up a camera or two behind you on tripods and we can make a safe cracker video.

Only thing is I get nervous now whenever I drive South of 8.

Same for me in September and after.  Added a new pup to train, some new Grouse territory was opened up to me and I have access to some private ponds for Goose hunting along with my favorite Goose magnet.  I plan to up the Goose game this year.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:15:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

I had to look it up to see where it was. You might as well have said south of Canada.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:05:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, that was me.

I bought a lower from Devin... it's now been built into a .450 Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:08:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

We will slap a GoPro camera on your forehead and I will set up a camera or two behind you on tripods and we can make a safe cracker video.

Same for me in September and after.  Added a new pup to train, some new Grouse territory was opened up to me and I have access to some private ponds for Goose hunting along with my favorite Goose magnet.  I plan to up the Goose game this year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're coming my way, you won't be anywhere near hwy 8. That's about 30 miles to my south. I'm about 300 yds NORTH of hwy 70. (eta: take 17 north to Fifield, go east on 70... )

New pup? Did you lose the old one, or have two now?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Saw a license plate a week or so ago in Dane County that said:

"EX LIB"

Thought that was interesting and I wonder if it means what I think it does.
View Quote

I saw one today on a white GMC SUV that said RN4EVER. "Roasted Nuts" forever?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:08:38 AM EDT
[#24]
I am betting that one means Registered nurse for ever.......
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:10:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If you're coming my way, you won't be anywhere near hwy 8. That's about 30 miles to my south. I'm about 300 yds NORTH of hwy 70. (eta: take 17 north to Fifield, go east on 70... )

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

still have the old girl, coming up on 13.  I didn't really want a pup this year but this guy fit my tastes perfectly.  Also, I have never trained a pup along side an established dog but this is working out great.  The things he is picking up from her so early are amazing. It's kind of energized all of us and he will be just old enough to run this Fall on Grouse.

11 weeks and he is already swimming in the river in water over his head. That comes from following old timer out on sand bars!
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:01:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k84/phatalligator/IMG_7966_zps79f75099.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k84/phatalligator/IMG_7966_zps79f75099.jpg

love it!
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:36:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Thought the OP was talking about my license plates there for a sec!

Im a military guy out of Fort McCoy and my plate reads NATO 556 on the Jeep and 556 NATO on the BOV. Harley reads 762 NATO. Only difference is my plates are all out of California. (dont judge me, Its where I was stationed at last time!) I have seen that Murica plate though, pretty good stuff!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top