BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 10:11:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Little disappointed in the pricing.  Unless you are getting an AAC can, its really not worth it.  The prices before tax are pretty close to silencershop.  After tax they are more.  And if you are using a CC, then they are much more.  Yes I know there is no transfer fee then, but the guy I use from Monroe only charges $25 for a transfer anyways.

I worked with Drew McDonald to re-setup my trust.  He was great to work with.  I know he posted a few times on here under the name D-Mac, dunno if he is still around.  I can get you his contact info if you want it.

Stay away from Phillip Violi.  I got his name from here.  He setup my initial trust.  It wasnt a real gun/NFA trust.  It was just a modified normal trust, which basically ends when you die.  Expensive mistake I made with that one.

View Quote

Sorry we weren't able to help you.  No need to come in here and shit on the thread though.

The AAC prices are very good, and the TBAC stuff is also quite a bit lower than SS.com.  Since that's what the majority of people are buying, it has worked out well.

If you have an NFA dealer that nly charges $25 for a transfer, you better make sure you give him all the business you can.  Every normal dealer around here charges $35 jut to transfer a rifle!
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 10:12:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
thoughts on a group day to do trusts?either with an attorney or quicken?
View Quote

The majority of us already have trusts.

If you need one, let me know and I can give you an attorney referral.  He does it all by phone/email, and is very reasonable.  Lots of us used him.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 10:39:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sorry we weren't able to help you.  No need to come in here and shit on the thread though.

The AAC prices are very good, and the TBAC stuff is also quite a bit lower than SS.com.  Since that's what the majority of people are buying, it has worked out well.

If you have an NFA dealer that nly charges $25 for a transfer, you better make sure you give him all the business you can.  Every normal dealer around here charges $35 jut to transfer a rifle!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Little disappointed in the pricing.  Unless you are getting an AAC can, its really not worth it.  The prices before tax are pretty close to silencershop.  After tax they are more.  And if you are using a CC, then they are much more.  Yes I know there is no transfer fee then, but the guy I use from Monroe only charges $25 for a transfer anyways.

I worked with Drew McDonald to re-setup my trust.  He was great to work with.  I know he posted a few times on here under the name D-Mac, dunno if he is still around.  I can get you his contact info if you want it.

Stay away from Phillip Violi.  I got his name from here.  He setup my initial trust.  It wasnt a real gun/NFA trust.  It was just a modified normal trust, which basically ends when you die.  Expensive mistake I made with that one.

Wasn't shitting on it at all.  Just pointing out a fact.  In case other people were thinking about it and wondering what pricing was.  If you are thinking of a non-AAC can, its not really worth it.  If you want an AAC can, then its a decent price if you are paying with cash.

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 1:14:49 PM EDT
[#4]
The YHM and Silencerco prices were in line with SS from what I've seen (especially given limited availability), so I really am not sure what you're talking about, BN.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 3:59:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The YHM and Silencerco prices were in line with SS from what I've seen (especially given limited availability), so I really am not sure what you're talking about, BN.
View Quote

I concur.  I'm in for 2 AAC cans and am contemplating a 3rd non-AAC can as we speak.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 4:43:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I concur.  I'm in for 2 AAC cans and am contemplating a 3rd non-AAC can as we speak.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Thanks again for all the leg work OP, and thanks to the dealer for being flexible. This is a big deal for me and I am super excited.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 4:58:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yep.

Thanks again for all the leg work OP, and thanks to the dealer for being flexible. This is a big deal for me and I am super excited.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

My pleasure guys.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 9:15:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 9:54:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
im still on the fence for a cyclone I had a big issue pop up that's going to drain me for a bit but im still going to try to get in but cant be 100% rite now
View Quote

Please be aware that all orders must be PLACED no later than next week Friday.  Invoices will be sent from the dealer shortly thereafter, and must be paid no later than 2/7, at which time the dealer will place the order with his suppliers.

Hopefully everything works out for you.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 9:35:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Can anyone walk me through the process?  I think it is time for me to buy a suppressor.  I live in St Croix county.  Send it in PM please.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 5:25:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Can anyone walk me through the process?  I think it is time for me to buy a suppressor.  I live in St Croix county.  Send it in PM please.  Thanks.
View Quote

Walk you through what process?

Link Posted: 1/21/2014 6:34:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you have a trust already?
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 11:29:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Anyone know if the Dunn county CLEO signs off on silencers?
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Does it matter?  We are all using trusts, and you should too.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 2:03:30 PM EDT
[#15]
exx1976, huge thanks for organizing this deal!  Glad to be able to pick up a few more cans on the cheap.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 5:46:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
exx1976, huge thanks for organizing this deal!  Glad to be able to pick up a few more cans on the cheap.
View Quote

My pleasure.  Glad you finally got me your info!

YGM, BTW.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 11:24:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just curious. I was just getting ready to buy a silencer  when I came across this thread. I'll be too late to get in on the group buy but was wondering about the CLEO sign off because of the laws they are proposing.

I was also planning to set up a trust, but if they change the laws and make us need to get a sign off wouldn't we all be f'd in a few months?

Am I wrong?
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#18]
That's why this group buy showed up when it did.

Even *IF* the proposed rule change is adopted, the original adoption date wouldn't have been until June, 2014.

BUT - SO many comments were posted that they won't be able to adopt it by then because they have to respond to each and every valid comment individually and in writing.  There were over 8500 valid comments (approximately 1000 were discarded due to profanity).

It is currently estimated that responding to all the comments will take them an additional 6 months.

SO - we all eFiled with trusts so that our gear is here and we are grandfathered in before the proposed rule change MIGHT get adopted.

So again, I say unto you - what does it matter if a CLEO will sign-off?  Get a trust, and get a can.  If you wait to long and have to deal with CLEO, that's your fault man.  It's not like you didn't have ample notice this was going to happen, comments opened September of last year.  This isn't something new.

BTW - our order won't be PLACED until Friday.  There's still plenty of time for you to get in on it!  Invoices are payable by 2/7.  You'll need to know your trust NAME by Friday, but the dealer doesn't actually need a copy of the trust paperwork for a few weeks yet (just make sure the name is right!).
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:29:36 PM EDT
[#19]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#20]
any updates on when the order will be placed or cans received?
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 10:24:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

If you were part of the group buy, then you should have received some emails weeks ago outlining the timeline.  I believe the order was placed on 1/24.

The dealer will contact us when the form 3s are completed so we can pay for the stamp...we're just waiting until that happens.  

That's how I interpreted the information I received.  

Link Posted: 2/14/2014 4:43:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If you were part of the group buy, then you should have received some emails weeks ago outlining the timeline.  I believe the order was placed on 1/24.

The dealer will contact us when the form 3s are completed so we can pay for the stamp...we're just waiting until that happens.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which hopefully means those form 3's are done here in the next two weeks!
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 5:29:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your information is correct.

I have spoken to the dealer since, and he said that he received no indication of backordered product when he placed the order, so it's simply a matter of waiting for the Form 3s.  If you opted for the "pay later" option for your Form 4 stamp money, the dealer will contact you directly for the tax stamp money when he is ready to file that, at which point the longer, more important wait begins.

When the group buy order was placed, the dealer told me that Form 3s were averaging 3-6 weeks, depending on the manufacturer.  My math says that perhaps as early as next week we should see Form 3s beginning to trickle into the shop.  Of course, previous history is no guarantee of future success, but I like to remain optimistic.  With all the recent issues with the eForms system, and the emails I've gotten from the system about outages, who knows.  

Keep your eyes on your email for communication from the shop.  He will also need that electronic copy of your trust in order to file the Form 4 if you have not yet already provided that to him.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 9:34:52 PM EDT
[#24]
It'll be 6 weeks this Friday, I believe.    Hopefully we'll be hearing from the dealer soon.          

Link Posted: 3/5/2014 4:10:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Word is even the eForms are now really starting to take a long time.

Shit.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 9:39:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Word is even the eForms are now really starting to take a long time.
View Quote

nfatracker.com seems to indicate around 4 months for eForms at this point - still much better than the 10+ months I've been waiting for my first stamp.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Yes, but current times are not an indication of performance of an item entered into the system right now.  I'm expecting 6mo.+ by the time my local SOT has it on a Form 3 and I can get the wait started.  Still better than paper forms, yes, but this is getting ridiculous.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 6:05:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Yes, but current times are not an indication of performance of an item entered into the system right now.  I'm expecting 6mo.+ by the time my local SOT has it on a Form 3 and I can get the wait started.  Still better than paper forms, yes, but this is getting ridiculous.
View Quote

True, current times are not indicative of what you'll get when filing right now, but it's still not a bad guideline for minimums (indeed, it's about the only benchmark we have available).  As for getting ridiculous, it already got ridiculous long ago.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 6:25:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Just putting this out there, my policy on stamps was always to send out and give up. Assume I would never get it and had lost the money.

Then I don't sit around waiting for them, and when they show up it's like the greatest day of my life.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 7:32:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Just putting this out there, my policy on stamps was always to send out and give up. Assume I would never get it and had lost the money.

Then I don't sit around waiting for them, and when they show up it's like the greatest day of my life.
View Quote

Wise words sir.  I have adopted your policy.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 7:39:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's what I did for my first 2 stamps for some cans I purchased in February last year. The problem now is that I just called the NFA on Monday to check status and found out I was approved on February 7th, yet my dealer said he still hasn't received them. So now my patience is wearing a little thin.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 8:26:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fortunately, I'm kinda the same way. Send it and forget it. It's so much easier like that. I am so glad that I'm not like some of those guys that post every single day with an update that their wait is +1 day more that yesterday's count. I imagine that they must park themselves at the window waiting for the mailman to arrive.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 5:31:03 PM EDT
[#33]
crap I always miss out on these

oh well another form 1 I guess
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 6:15:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Just saw this thread pop up.

Yeah, I've not yet heard about the form 3 for my items either yet.  I trust we are all being good little boys though and not harassing the SOT, right?  

I just eFiled a Form 1 a couple weeks ago.  Not to worried about when that one comes back since it's a dedicated host for one of the cans from this group buy, can't shoot it without the can (8" bbl, 12" rail).

Hopefully soon...  6 weeks was yesterday.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 12:56:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
That's what I did for my first 2 stamps for some cans I purchased in February last year. The problem now is that I just called the NFA on Monday to check status and found out I was approved on February 7th, yet my dealer said he still hasn't received them. So now my patience is wearing a little thin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm in the same boat - as my first stamp, I was expecting an error, but when I called Monday, I was told that my Form 1 was approved Feb. 14, but I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet.  They said to call back if I don't see anything by Mar. 14 - so it's a good idea to check status every few months.
Second Form 1 I submitted in late October - I was just told that it went pending Dec. 19 and is expected to finalize in October.  

Quoted:
I trust we are all being good little boys though and not harassing the SOT, right?  

Um, sure....     Eh, as soon as there's news to report, I'm sure I'll hear from him.  Never a good idea to annoy the SOT, especially given how accommodating he's been for us.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 9:51:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Ouch, 8+ weeks for our form 3's to clear...  Lots of folks reporting their 2/7 and earlier form 3's were approved by now.          

Link Posted: 3/21/2014 10:23:36 AM EDT
[#37]
I just spoke to the SOT.  Current problem is that he hasn't been able to get into eForms for the past week.  They might be completed, but he can't get in to view his inventory.  

He's going to continue trying, but asked me to share that anyone that wishes to paper file can contact him to make arrangements.  Otherwise, we continue the waiting with the eForms debacle.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 10:28:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I just spoke to the SOT.  Current problem is that he hasn't been able to get into eForms for the past week.  They might be completed, but he can't get in to view his inventory.  

He's going to continue trying, but asked me to share that anyone that wishes to paper file can contact him to make arrangements.  Otherwise, we continue the waiting with the eForms debacle.
View Quote

Huh. It did take me two weeks to e file a form one. That site is fucked. So what does that mean, he HAS the cans and is trying to file our stuff or is trying to file to get them in the first place.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 10:41:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Reminds me of this article regarding wait times:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/03/foghorn/disgruntled-ffls-claim-austins-silencer-shop-single-handedly-crashing-atfs-e-forms-system/

I need to start saving up for a suppressor...
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 11:06:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Wow.

I hadn't seen that yet.

Batch uploading?  What a bunch of shit!

Fuckers.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 1:44:28 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote

There are some decent guides here on how to get in somewhat consistently (work around their server restarts / clear browser cache / try multiple browsers / etc)...I haven't had a problem at all in the past couple weeks.

Link Posted: 3/21/2014 7:34:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

There are some decent guides here on how to get in somewhat consistently (work around their server restarts / clear browser cache / try multiple browsers / etc)...I haven't had a problem at all in the past couple weeks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link to the guides?  Anything we can do to help out will make things faster..
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 9:48:59 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll hunt around some more, but here's a thread about it with some good info:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/420552_E_File_site_still_a_slow_pile_of_garbage_.html

Here's a snippet from an ATF email response:

"Please try to clear your cookies under internet options and please try
to access site again, they have began implementing automated restarts of
the server at 4:00 am, 9:00 am, NOON, and 3:00 pm eastern time. Please
allow up to an hour after each of these re-starts before attempting
access to site.   If you try to access during that time it will cause
something to hang up in your internet cache, therefore the need to clear
your cache / cookies. The site does appear to be up and working at this
time.   Please let us know if you continue to have trouble gaining
access."
I've logged in 3-4 times over the past couple weeks without issue, checking on my form 1's in process.  It does work...it is buggy and slow at times but it will work if you try.

Link Posted: 3/22/2014 7:37:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Anyone that was in the buy - YGM!
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 7:44:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

?
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 7:45:34 AM EDT
[#46]
YGM = You've got mail
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 2:03:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Guess I'm going to have to figure how to get my trust into a PDF file real soon then. Is the dealer going to be sending out any info about paying him and getting trust documents to him?
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 11:29:06 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Guess I'm going to have to figure how to get my trust into a PDF file real soon then. Is the dealer going to be sending out any info about paying him and getting trust documents to him?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I assume the dealer will contact the folks that he still needs info/payment from...just assuming though.  There is also a maximum file size for the pdf so you may want to check that out first to make sure everything can be submitted.

Link Posted: 3/26/2014 3:43:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Max size is 3MB.  For mine I truncate all the assignments and certification letters and just send the trust body (6 pages), the schedule of assets (2 pages), and the amendments (2 pages).  It was 2.8MB scanned to .pdf at 200dpi on my scanner.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 6:14:49 AM EDT
[#50]
I sent an email to everyone on the buy last week.

The dealer says for everyone that has not yet submitted trusts to please email them, and if you still need to pay for stamps, to either mail him a check or call him with a CC#.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top