Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2012 6:08:52 AM EDT
I know this was discussed before, but I cannot find the old thread. What legally constitutes a "black jack"? It was mentioned that this was to be determined in December. The question was whether a night stick, tire thumper, or asp baton would meet the definition. Anyone in the know?
Link Posted: 1/18/2012 6:25:13 AM EDT
[#1]
They are working on the definition.

the running LEO joke is write "billy club" on your ASP...LOL

V
OUT
Link Posted: 1/18/2012 6:31:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

V
OUT

rofl......Now that's a good idea!

(runs off to get temporary tattoos made that say "billy club" for placement on....uh..)
Link Posted: 1/18/2012 1:34:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

V
OUT

rofl......Now that's a good idea!

(runs off to get temporary tattoos made that say "billy club" for placement on....uh..)

You must be talking about the little  key chain versions, right?
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 6:46:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got something that was sold as a "black jack."  It has a base like an asp or an extendable baton but the middle is a tight spring and the end has a big weight on it.  The entire thing extends and collapses like a collapsible baton- a flick of the wrist to extend, a tap on a hard surface to collapse.

I've also seen them described as "spring billys."  See http://www.bushipower.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/MC3406SPP.jpg

Mike
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 6:01:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 4:24:35 PM EDT
[#6]
or a   ––- tire buddy ––- that you get at truck stops... print a BILLY CLUB  label off your computer stick on tire buddy & Instant Billy club  
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 5:24:41 PM EDT
[#7]
A tire thumper is not worth bothering with, IMHO. But I do think an ASP or similar style device may have it's uses.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 8:35:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Trust me, once definitions are documented, I will eagerly POST!

It has become a personal endeavor.

V
OUT
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 4:23:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Trust me, once definitions are documented, I will eagerly POST!

It has become a personal endeavor.

V
OUT

Awesome. Not trying to pester you at all...just wanted to keep the topic from archiving.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top