Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2011 2:47:51 PM EDT
I just saw this brand of rifles at Fleet Farm in Appleton. They come in 5.56 and 5.45x39 and are piston driven. Their website says that they are only sold at Fleet, which I find a bit odd for a $700+ rifle. Does anyone have any experience with them?

BTW Fleet in Appleton is selling handguns now as well. S&W, Taurus, Springfield and Ruger.
Link Posted: 7/9/2011 2:59:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/9/2011 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#2]
do you drive a blue chevy truck? and wearing a black shirt that said MOAON AABE
Link Posted: 7/9/2011 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Owned by Mills. I for one am happy to see Fleet Farm branch off into a more firearm friendly direction.
Link Posted: 7/9/2011 7:17:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Owned by Mills. I for one am happy to see Fleet Farm branch off into a more firearm friendly direction.

I agree.  Most/Some? of us are hunters, etc.  So FF is just what it is, a farmer friendly/outdoorsey store, nothign flashy just useful stuff.  They never were into anything beyond turkey, goose, pheasant, grouse, squirrel, deer, fish and rabbits ("Fudd" stuff....  I hate that word by they way, it demeans both my Grandpa's, who where outdoorsy guys who worked hard and asked for nothing.)

FF was never unfriendly to firearms, they just served their customer base, which primarily hunts, fishers, gardens and farms.  If they ever figure out that they could have a killer meat/butcher counter...  they would rule the world.
Link Posted: 7/9/2011 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#5]
FYI I don't think "Fudd" is a term to be used for anyone but those who don't respect the rights of others because it is outside their own microcosm of "needs."  It is too often conflated (often defensively) with "people who only own guns to hunt," but anyone who thinks those two definitions are analogous isn't taking it seriously.

I, for instance, also call the self-important shotgun types at clubs "shotgun chic," if they don't like the pistol/rifle shooters, or other aspects of sport shooting besides trap/skeet/sporting clays/whatever, and actively work against those other aspects.  If they want to do their thing, and support my ability to do my thing, then great; we've got a mutual understanding.  If not, then f'em.
Link Posted: 7/9/2011 7:51:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
("Fudd" stuff....  I hate that word by they way, it demeans both my Grandpa's, who where outdoorsy guys who worked hard and asked for nothing.)

Fudd is not necessarily a term of derision for people like your grandfathers. Folks who work hard, have limited resource, and enjoy their time outdoors are generally respected and befriended by arfcommers and shooting enthusiasts. We've got lots of common ground.

Fudd is used to describe an attitude that blued steel and walnut firearms with limited tactical application are protected, but scary guns are 'over the line'.
"What would you ever need something like that for?"
"It only takes one shot to put meat on the table."
"If you want to be a warrior, join the service."

They view us as painting them in a bad light. They have resented us for rocking the boat, while they were satiated with their O-U shotguns. Us 'Timothy McVeigh types' were going to screw it all up.

Now that we've won in spades, gotten the 2A defined as a right of the people, and everyone is CCWing across the country they've got a big thermos full of STFU, but for a while there was a real tension and it was coming from them toward us.

NRA has come around, but they were pretty Fudd-tastic for a long time. They didn't want to pick fights that were extreme and might upset their Fudd donor base by siding with us mouth-breathing gun nuts. They were also mealy mouthed on CCW and refused to back 'criminals' who exercised their rights back when it took balls to do so. Now they're at the front of the parade and claiming self congratulatory victory at every turn. They've actually become useful, but we were out in the cold for a while, mostly because of Fudd attitudes, and the folks who lived through it haven't forgotten.

It's funny. Every Fudd is CCWing now; pats his iron and nods knowingly. 'We won' But they worked to the gun rights movement's detriment all the way there, and then joined Team America - Fuck Yeah after it was over.

Fudds aren't guys that wear woolen plaid in the woods and shoot practical guns. They're mealy mouthed half-hearted antigunners in disguise.

Link Posted: 7/9/2011 8:43:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
("Fudd" stuff....  I hate that word by they way, it demeans both my Grandpa's, who where outdoorsy guys who worked hard and asked for nothing.)

Fudd is not necessarily a term of derision for people like your grandfathers. Folks who work hard, have limited resource, and enjoy their time outdoors are generally respected and befriended by arfcommers and shooting enthusiasts. We've got lots of common ground.

Fudd is used to describe an attitude that blued steel and walnut firearms with limited tactical application are protected, but scary guns are 'over the line'.
"What would you ever need something like that for?"
"It only takes one shot to put meat on the table."
"If you want to be a warrior, join the service."

They view us as painting them in a bad light. They have resented us for rocking the boat, while they were satiated with their O-U shotguns. Us 'Timothy McVeigh types' were going to screw it all up.

Now that we've won in spades, gotten the 2A defined as a right of the people, and everyone is CCWing across the country they've got a big thermos full of STFU, but for a while there was a real tension and it was coming from them toward us.

NRA has come around, but they were pretty Fudd-tastic for a long time. They didn't want to pick fights that were extreme and might upset their Fudd donor base by siding with us mouth-breathing gun nuts. They were also mealy mouthed on CCW and refused to back 'criminals' who exercised their rights back when it took balls to do so. Now they're at the front of the parade and claiming self congratulatory victory at every turn. They've actually become useful, but we were out in the cold for a while, mostly because of Fudd attitudes, and the folks who lived through it haven't forgotten.

It's funny. Every Fudd is CCWing now; pats his iron and nods knowingly. 'We won' But they worked to the gun rights movement's detriment all the way there, and then joined Team America - Fuck Yeah after it was over.

Fudds aren't guys that wear woolen plaid in the woods and shoot practical guns. They're mealy mouthed half-hearted antigunners in disguise.

Well said.
Link Posted: 7/10/2011 6:16:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I've always used it in this context:

From the Urban Dictionary: fudd
Slang term for a "casual" gun owner; eg; a person who typically only owns guns for hunting or shotgun sports and does not truly believe in the true premise of the second amendment. These people also generally treat owners/users of so called "non sporting" firearms like handguns or semiautomatic rifles with unwarranted scorn or contempt.
Link Posted: 7/10/2011 6:53:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Is Adams Arms the ones that treat people like shit at shows, or am I thinking of some other company? I've never heard of them before, but I'll take a look. I don't own an AR at the moment, but looking to get back into the game.

PS. I've always used Fudd in the Urban Dictionary definition way. If I show up at the range and there's a guy there with a bolt gun or whatever and he looks at me and my AK like I'm crazy or says/asks something like "who needs something like THAT?" then he's a Fudd.

If someone is a shooter and their only interest is bench rest/trap/SASS but they're fine with others owning and shooting whatever they like then they are not Fudds.
Link Posted: 7/10/2011 7:48:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

+1

I've got some of those woolen plaids, and a couple lever actions and scoped bolt guns. But my "woods" guns share  the same safe that has a few made by DPMS & Armalite, AKs, and more than a dozen semi-auto pistols.

I've always resented being called a "fudd" just because I wear wool, and carry a Marlin lever-gun into the woods in late November.

As for shotguns, I've never been an over-under or side-by-side type "snob". Pumps & auto-loaders are more my style. Remingtons, Mossbergs, and a Benelli sit in my gun safe, and they're all in camo. There's no Perazzis, nor even a Citori. There's only one thing I expect a shotgun to do... that's go BANG-BANG-BANG as quickly as possible, and every damn time I want it too.... and I don't give a rat's ass what it looks like as long as it works.  I don't hang out at fancy gun clubs. My shotguns only go bang when there's something with feathers in front of them, not a hunk of clay. I do subscibe to Outdoor Life and belong to Ducks Unlimited and get their magazine... but they share my mailbox with American Handgunner, Guns & Ammo, American Rifleman, and Gun Tests.

I'm a die-hard, absolutely dedicated waterfowl & deer hunter, but I'd also love to shoot IDPA etc, if there was any such thing nearby. I know the true meaning of "fudd". A good example (although Ted Nugent allegedly has "reformed" him) was Jim Zumbo. His photo could've been in the dictionary to define the term fudd.

Link Posted: 7/10/2011 9:15:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

I've got some of those woolen plaids, and a couple lever actions and scoped bolt guns. But my "woods" guns share  the same safe that has a few made by DPMS & Armalite, AKs, and more than a dozen semi-auto pistols.

I've always resented being called a "fudd" just because I wear wool, and carry a Marlin lever-gun into the woods in late November.

As for shotguns, I've never been an over-under or side-by-side type "snob". Pumps & auto-loaders are more my style. Remingtons, Mossbergs, and a Benelli sit in my gun safe, and they're all in camo. There's no Perazzis, nor even a Citori. There's only one thing I expect a shotgun to do... that's go BANG-BANG-BANG as quickly as possible, and every damn time I want it too.... and I don't give a rat's ass what it looks like as long as it works.  I don't hang out at fancy gun clubs. My shotguns only go bang when there's something with feathers in front of them, not a hunk of clay. I do subscibe to Outdoor Life and belong to Ducks Unlimited and get their magazine... but they share my mailbox with American Handgunner, Guns & Ammo, American Rifleman, and Gun Tests.

I'm a die-hard, absolutely dedicated waterfowl & deer hunter, but I'd also love to shoot IDPA etc, if there was any such thing nearby. I know the true meaning of "fudd". A good example (although Ted Nugent allegedly has "reformed" him) was Jim Zumbo. His photo could've been in the dictionary to define the term fudd.

It's not even about what you own or don't own. It's all attitude.

If a man can't afford or justify the expense of being a shooting enthusiast, that's fine. If he simply doesn't feel the need for military designed arms, that's fine too. He can make whatever choice he wants, and be a caricature of Elmer Fudd in manner and dress. I still don't have a shred of abrasiveness towards him. He may do whatever he decides is appropriate for himself and his family, and I'm good with it.

It's when he sneers and projects contempt for me, for doing what I feel is appropriate for myself and my family that he becomes a Fudd.

The whole thing kind of doesn't matter, because it's a dying stereotype. All the former Fudds are happy to get permits and start packing. That broke down a lot of the divisions. When the court cases started going our way, and they saw their position getting stronger instead of eroding, they had much less to bitch about. Most have truly matriculated to a new and more appropriate attitude of, "I don't know what you need that for, but it's your right to do it if you want."

I bet the whole thing fades into near obscurity over the next decade or so.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 7:08:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Hi Guys,

Not looking to add to the "fudd" debate but hopefully offer the OP and others some info about our rifles and expansion into modern sporting arms. It is true Huldra Arms in exclusive to Mills Fleet Farm, it is a private label manufactured for us by one of our industry partners, Adams Arms. We spent slot of time researching various brands, models, etc and decided rather then carry brand x, y or z, have something built to our specs and offer the quality rifles at competitive prices. The heart of the system is the Adams Arms piston system, we feel there are alot of benefits to the piston platform and feel Adams has the best piston system on the market.  Not looking to start a debate of DI vs Piston, there are plenty of other threads for that and we do know there are a lot of quality DI rifles on the market.

Our rifles are very nice, from our base model, to the Tac Elite, The X-Pre, and our 5.45, I think you will find them priced competivily and well spec'd out, not only in quality of manufacturing and materials, but also parts and components. While I wouldn't agree with the term "spammed" a lot of forums, we are trying to be active in the online community. By that we became industry partners/manufacturers on 2 major AR forums and participate in a few local forums. We feel that good customer service is also having an online presence as some of the most informed consumers spend time online. We have an industry page if you are looking for more information about our rifles and uppers.

Mills Fleet Farm is also starting to sell handguns as well. Management knows the future of the firearms market is more then just hunting and also values the 2nd amendment and the right for one to protect themselves, or enjoy shooting sports as you decide. Our new products and Accesories include handguns, our line of Huldra Rifles, as well as popular Accesories such as Magpul items, VLTOR, EOTech, holsters, mags, and several other items.
Thanks guys and if there are any questions about the rifles please let me know.
Take care,
Dave

Team Huldra Arms
www.huldraarms.com
www.Facebook.com/huldraarms
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top