Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2017 9:31:26 PM EDT
Have a business trip, will be downtown next week. Not certain on when/if I'll have free time but if I do what are some nice local places to eat and check out?  Will be my first time in Denver, Spyderco Factory Outlet is about all I've come up with so far. Likely stuck using the trains, buses or Uber/Lyft to get around places outside of the downtown area.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:10:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing to see here. And I think we ran out of food. Tell all your friends, family and neighbors. Jk. The list is a long one. A lot depends on what you like.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 12:06:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Have a business trip, will be downtown next week. Not certain on when/if I'll have free time but if I do what are some nice local places to eat and check out?  Will be my first time in Denver, Spyderco Factory Outlet is about all I've come up with so far. Likely stuck using the trains, buses or Uber/Lyft to get around places outside of the downtown area.
View Quote

Anything you can find at spyderco you can buy on amazon cheaper.    I wouldn't waste 5 minutes in a trip out there
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 2:49:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I really want to dive the aquarium up there, but it's a little pricey. Still, might do it for Fathers Day. Coors Field, perhaps? I don't do Denver, mostly, but there is stuff to see/do.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 6:24:27 PM EDT
[#4]
You should eat at the Buckhorn Exchange.  Denver's first liquor license and a very unique dining experience that is downtown right on the light rail.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 6:48:11 PM EDT
[#5]
It really depends on what you are in the mood for.  If you like Campy and Horrible Food, but awesome in terrible way then go to Casa Bonita.  If you are looking for a good meal then head to lower downtown (LODO) of Denver and there is everything you can possibly imagine.  Just look up what type of food you want on Yelp and you will find some good restaurants.  You can also do stuff like go to a Rockies Game which is right downtown and then walk to any number of restaurants.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 1:12:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the suggestions folks. I'm after all types of food, looks like most places will have a good selection of beer based on my quick searches.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Denver has ~100 breweries in the metro area.

Freshcraft has good beer and good food.
Wynkoop has great food and decent beer.
First Draft has an amazing beer selection, and food.
Falling Rock has a fantastic beer selection, and food
Bull and Bush is a traditional brittish pub with good beer and ?? food.

Every brewery that doesn't have food, allows you to bring food in to eat with the beer. My favorite breweries to visit in Denver are:
Crooked Stave- sour beers only - really good
Epic- huge range of beers, awesome
Great Divide Barrel Bar- Really nice new facility
TRVE- heavy metal themed brewery
Black Project- Sour/Wild and some hoppy beers, kinda pricey, very trendy
Station 26- great brewery, owned by the creator of Blue Moon

Cerebral, Renegade, Denver Beer Company, Spangalang, Little machine. Honestly, you have to be decent in Denver to "make it" as a brewery. So you almost can't go wrong.
////////////////
ETA: Landmarks. I like the Denver Convention Center / Big Blue Bear
The newly remodeled Union Station is pretty neat, cool building and food / ice cream /coffee / craft beer bar inside
Coors Field and (Mile High) stadium are cool
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:10:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm a big fan of Euclid Hall
http://euclidhall.com/
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:58:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm a big fan of Euclid Hall
http://euclidhall.com/
View Quote
I think I've called you a hipster before and wouldn't miss the chance to do it again.

The Reinhaus around the corner from there has good German food.  Don't go during club hours, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top