Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2017 9:34:45 AM EDT
Wife and I are planning our next big move and have a few places in mind. She's a Geologist and I'm a Process Engineer (specifically bulk commodity chemicals, continuous production) so we're still debating whether to sell our souls and move to Houston, TX, or go somewhere our (future) kiddos would love to grow up. For the record we're heavily into Guns/Jeeps/Microbrews/Wine/Snowboarding and we'd help shift the tide of CA transplants, I  swear!

She went to The School of Mines in Golden so obviously CO is high on the list, I'm from AZ so the location would work for me too. CO has GOT to be better than the damned swamp we're in now (even Houston would be an upgrade). I swear the mosquitos can carry you off here.

Anyone work at a chemical plant in the area? My searching around on Indeed and elsewhere has shown pretty meager returns. I'm the bread winner (at least until O&G turns around), so will need to source the job first.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 2:49:15 PM EDT
[#1]
You might actually have a hard time finding work. Look in commerce city.

She will have better luck north in the oil fields around weld county.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 5:16:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Suncor had huge towers shooing out flames last night and their parking lot was completely filled up with emergency service vehicles. Maybe someone boogered up pretty bad and opened up their job to replacement.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 6:53:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Suncor had huge towers shooing out flames last night and their parking lot was completely filled up with emergency service vehicles. Maybe someone boogered up pretty bad and opened up their job to replacement.
View Quote

That sucks. I've been in plants during stuff like that, but being in the middle of a refinery would really blow. You know if anyone was injured?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 10:06:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That sucks. I've been in plants during stuff like that, but being in the middle of a refinery would really blow. You know if anyone was injured?
View Quote

No idea. I just saw it on my drive home from work last night.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:50:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
PM me!

I can tell you no one was injured. Xcel dropped the power
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:25:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I work at Suncor myself. You never know when they hire but keep an eye on their website.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 8:00:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, got an offer from a local company! Moving to CO in May.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 7:05:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well, got an offer from a local company! Moving to CO in May.
View Quote
Nice, what part of town are you looking at? The more like minded people that move here the better.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 12:19:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nice, what part of town are you looking at? The more like minded people that move here the better.
View Quote
The office is in Lakewood, so we're initially looking at an apartment in the Lakewood/Arvada/Littleton area, but there's also a possibility of staying with my wife's family in Boulder as we get our bearings. The logistics of the move are somewhat challenging given that relocation was not provided. No complaints here, just pros and cons for each scenario and I would need to find suitable storage for my stuff (guns included) if we stay in Boulder.

If anyone has a suggestion on a good condo or perhaps even has a rental home available, any advice would be helpful.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I work in the rental industry but not in that specific area of town anymore. if you have questions drop me a line.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top