Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2017 9:57:06 AM EDT
Will be working in Aurora just west of the base, and I don't want a terribly long commute (less than 45 if possible). House price range is probably up to 375k, and it'll have to have at least 4 bedrooms (8 kids).

We homeschool, but have talked about having the kids take some classes in HS that we find more difficult to deal with (chemistry, physics, anatomy) due to the labs.  A close-by shopping area with a Costco/Sam's/Walmart/Target would be great, but I would personally rather not deal with a packed-on-top-of-each-other neighborhood. I understand that we likely can't live in something besides some sort of neighborhood, but still... Some are more crowded than others.

Obviously I can't live in Denver proper due to their idiotic awb, but what about the other areas? I've heard Aurora is bad regarding the 2nd as well.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated as we try to figure out where to put down new roots.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 10:32:13 AM EDT
[#1]
West of Buckley? Look south towards Parker.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 11:15:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
West of Buckley? Look south towards Parker.
View Quote

That's the way to go. Maybe east also.

Ignore most everything north until you get to brighton. Use caution west.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 4:16:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's the way to go. Maybe east also.

Ignore most everything north until you get to brighton. Use caution west.
View Quote

We've got relatives in Westminster, though, so there's that to take into account... Jenny wants to be relatively close to them (figure 1/2 hr)
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 10:10:28 PM EDT
[#4]
1/2 hour east of Westminster might put you in a no-go area.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 11:41:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Easy to get to Westminster if there's no traffic as long as you're close to a highway.  Having commuted for years try to stay in the "quadrant" you work in. I25 and i70 being the dividers
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 2:12:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Burbs.  Try the Westminster, Thornton, Northglenn area.  It is not remotely as bad as people will make it sound.  Different neighborhoods are like different towns.

Avoid Federal Heights and Commerce City.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top