Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2017 10:35:03 AM EDT
Hey all,

I'm considering applying to join one of these two clubs. They both seem to be fine orgs.

Like just about everyone, I'll shoot mostly on weekends, so I'd prefer to try to join the one that's least crowded on weekends

I'm looking for a place where I can push my long range shooting out to 1000m or so, practice for USPSA, and do some carbine drills, so if the latter two are frowned upon, that will help make my decision.

Of course, if any property owners want to let me practice, I'm very respectful, clean up after myself, and all my rifles wear cans.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#1]
It's Ben Lomond Gun Club:

https://www.blgc.org/

Their ranges go out to 600 yds.  Be aware that "work equity" is a requirement of membership, or was, the  last I knew.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 7:25:30 PM EDT
[#2]
BLGC for me. IM sent
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 4:16:43 PM EDT
[#3]
BLGC
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:24:53 PM EDT
[#4]
That's a nice club, shot there when I lived in CO
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:39:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I belong to CRC. I like it but haven't been to many others
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:59:49 PM EDT
[#6]
CRC is a shitshow on weekends. If there is a match (and there almost always is) they have priority, the are supposed to accomodate others, but mostly they tell you to FOAD...

They frown on tactical type shooting. No moving and shooting etc. Lots of range nazis abound....
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Their ranges go out to 600 yds.  Be aware that "work equity" is a requirement of membership, or was, the  last I knew.
View Quote

Hasn't been that way for years. OP, BLGC limits their membership to something like 1000 so I never find it to be super busy unless there are matches or something going on. 600 yards is the limit so if 1000 is important to you then look elsewhere.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 7:22:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Hasn't been that way for years. OP, BLGC limits their membership to something like 1000 so I never find it to be super busy unless there are matches or something going on. 600 yards is the limit so if 1000 is important to you then look elsewhere.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BLGC has a cap of 1500. Nowhere near that at this time. With the 9 Competition berms for matches and classes you can always find one of the 11 general use berms to shoot on. The long range gets busy before hunting season. Feel free to pm any questions .

BLGC/CRSO
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:25:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

It no longer is.  Or if it is no one mentioned it when I joined in August.  My understanding is the cost of membership went up but the 8 hour work bond went away.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:31:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for all the replies, all. You all rock.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 11:35:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I used to belong to CRC.  After the way they dealt with the whole steel issue, I let my membership expire and joined pawnee sportsmans club.  Much better, and they have 1k yards of steel...
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 3:52:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I used to belong to CRC.  After the way they dealt with the whole steel issue, I let my membership expire and joined pawnee sportsmans club.  Much better, and they have 1k yards of steel...
View Quote

Which steel issue? on the 1k range? Or in the short range berms?
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:57:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd also like to know what the "steel" issue was. I'm considering joining CRC for the thousand yard range, but would like details on this before doing so.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 9:41:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'd also like to know what the "steel" issue was. I'm considering joining CRC for the thousand yard range, but would like details on this before doing so.
View Quote

To my knowledge the 1k range is/was paper targets only, there were some guys that put up steel gongs at one point, but I have no idea what actually happened with that. There is a silhouette range that goes to 500m (550y) where you have some steel targets.

There are also the pistol berms (50yd), where you can shoot your own steel (but per the rules only with pistols and of course no moving/shooting).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top