Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2016 10:52:35 PM EDT
I need a firm to manage entity selection for an investment I am purchasing, tax prep, compensation/taxable event timing planning, and trust planning.  Maybe some assistance with valuation work.  Not looking for a do-it-all firm, and I am not looking for handholding (I'm an experienced CFO).

In the past I have used BDO Siedman out of Denver (ACM), for various reasons they won't be a good fit for this (and a possible conflict exists).  

Any recommendations?  I'm in Fort Collins.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 2:47:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I need a firm to manage entity selection for an investment I am purchasing, tax prep, compensation/taxable event timing planning, and trust planning.  Maybe some assistance with valuation work.  Not looking for a do-it-all firm, and I am not looking for handholding (I'm an experienced CFO).

In the past I have used BDO Siedman out of Denver (ACM), for various reasons they won't be a good fit for this (and a possible conflict exists).  

View Quote

Talk to Paul Edwards at Ft. Collins' EKS&H office.   They're pretty good at taking as extensive or minimal role as YOU want, I always hear satisfaction when I send folks their ways.  You'll pay Denver scale, however.  

Mark Soukup  at Soukup Bush is really fantastic.   He's arrogant, and smarmy, and a little prissy but he's fucking good at complex matters and always up to date on what is coming down the road you need to be aware of when putting together something that has a temporal / time element.    He'll be the best fit for you in terms of having all the parts for your transaction well drafted, with a lot of experience.

Scott Roulon is a really good guy, also, but I have not worked with any clients that went through trust planning with his firm.

Link Posted: 10/16/2016 2:04:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Talk to Paul Edwards at Ft. Collins' EKS&H office.   They're pretty good at taking as extensive or minimal role as YOU want, I always hear satisfaction when I send folks their ways.  You'll pay Denver scale, however.  

Mark Soukup  at Soukup Bush is really fantastic.   He's arrogant, and smarmy, and a little prissy but he's fucking good at complex matters and always up to date on what is coming down the road you need to be aware of when putting together something that has a temporal / time element.    He'll be the best fit for you in terms of having all the parts for your transaction well drafted, with a lot of experience.

Scott Roulon is a really good guy, also, but I have not worked with any clients that went through trust planning with his firm.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.  I hadn't heard EKS&H had a local office.  The bill will sting, but then again it's a much larger transaction than I've ever deal with before, so I'm sure worth it.  I did leave a msg with Roulon's office but haven't heard back yet - probably because filing deadline was today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top