Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2016 9:31:53 AM EDT
First off, both of these dogs need to go to single dog homes. Ronin can't be around cats, either.

I volunteer with National Mill Dog Rescue, and there are 2 great GSDS that need homes. Jennifer is pretty timid, but beautiful. Ronin is one of the finest Shepherds I've seen, and handles well on leash. He loves people, but the above warning is very real.

I worry that if these 2 are there much longer, it might be even harder for them to recover with training.

http://milldogrescue.org/our-dogs/available-dogs/
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 10:27:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Wish I could help.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Bump. Good on you, OP.  I'll keep my ears open.  My house seems to get dusty whenever I click on one of these threads.  

ETA: My GSD goes nuts whenever he sees a cat, too.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 12:00:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Good on you for volunteering there.  Nice looking dogs and we wish we could adopt them.  

We tried to adopt from NMDR but were told we couldn't because we don't have an above ground fence.  We have an underground fence but that doesn't meet their adoption requirement.  Fencing in 5 acres of land just isn't in our plans.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:55:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Good on you for volunteering there.  Nice looking dogs and we wish we could adopt them.  

We tried to adopt from NMDR but were told we couldn't because we don't have an above ground fence.  We have an underground fence but that doesn't meet their adoption requirement.  Fencing in 5 acres of land just isn't in our plans.
View Quote

That is too bad. We fenced the back 3 of our 5 acres when we first bought.

Been volunteering with NMDR for a couple of years now, when I can. We're about to adopt our 4th dog from them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top