Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2016 3:57:58 PM EDT
I'm going to be back in CO this week working in Boulder. And will have a crew in with me from out of town also. I know there are a bunch of breweries around that do tours. Which ones do you guys recommend. My crew will be in town for a couple months.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 5:29:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a brewery but a distillery.

Leopold Bros, its an awesome experience, and very informative.

Link Posted: 7/8/2016 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#2]
If you do the Coors tour in Golden (it's free) you'll need to get there early.  It was a two hour line on Sunday a few weeks back.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 9:49:28 PM EDT
[#3]
New Belgium in Fort Collins has an absolutely fantastic tour and is well worth the drive.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 10:45:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd try Avery, their new taproom is awesome.  Fate is good as well.  In FOCO New Belgium is good but sometimes hard to get on a tour without a reservation.  You also have O'Dells up there.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 2:06:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd try Avery, their new taproom is awesome.  Fate is good as well.  In FOCO New Belgium is good but sometimes hard to get on a tour without a reservation.  You also have O'Dells up there.
View Quote

Avery is good....

Bootstrap Brewery in Niwot is small but have a couple nice beers.

Tasty Weasel (Oscar Blues Tap Room) in  Longmont

Lefthand Brewery in Longmont

City Star Brewery in Berthoud,

Grim Brothers in Loveland.

Big Beaver Brewery in Loveland.

Are also good.....
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 9:42:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Avery is good....

Are also good.....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Avery is good....

Are also good.....

"NoCo Short Bus Tours" does a great tour where they'll bus you from brewery to brewery so you don't have to drive, my wife and I have done it a few times and it's always been great!

If you're in either Loveland or Fort Collins I can get you their contact info, just shoot me a PM.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 9:50:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Avery is good....

Are also good.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Avery is good....

Are also good.....

Be VERY CAREFUL with "Tasty Weasel" if you're from low altitude!

They have some of my VERY favorite beers (Old Chub, G'Knight), but they're WAY strong for a flatlander drinking at altitude.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 1:33:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They have some of my VERY favorite beers (Old Chub, G'Knight), but they're WAY strong for a flatlander drinking at altitude.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Avery is good....

Are also good.....

Old Chub is my go-to OB beer, best thing to do is drink a glass of water with every pint.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 4:51:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys. I might need to make time to visit Avery. I need to get my white rascal fix.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 4:28:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Avery in Boulder is awesome - upstairs is restaurant and beer, downstairs is beer but you can also get food. 2 separate areas. Possibly the best brewery in the state except hoppy beers not outstanding.
Mountain Sun is a good place for food and beers, in Boulder, and I think they have 3 locations.

Nearby there is Powder Keg in Niwot.
Left Hand and Tasty Weasel (Oskar Blues) are within 5 minutes of each other in Longmont.

Odd13 in Lafayette is a must-see if you like hoppy beers
4 Noses is close to that and is very good- I think it's in Broomfield.

In Denver Proper, I love Great Divide, Epic, and Crooked Stave (if you like sours!).  Also Mockery, Station 26 (hoppy beers!), TRVE is a metal themed brewery.  Comrade is also very good, focus is on hoppy. Former Future, Strange Craft also worth a visit.

In Fort Collins besides New Belgium and Odells, there is Funkwerks (Belgian styles), and Horse and Dragon. Black Bottle is a sleeper hit, and Equinox is doing great things. I would skip Fort Collins Brewing.

Loveland: Grimm Brothers is good, mostly German-style. Loveland Ale Works and Big Beaver are also worth the visit. Verboten is quite good as well.

It's a drive, but Weldwerks in Greely is doing great things. Wiley Roots is nearby and also good.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 10:02:42 AM EDT
[#11]
If you make it down to littleton, Breckinridge is a decent little tour. They have specific times but cost is $3 and you get 1 pint and 4 tasters.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 4:54:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

If you do the Coors tour in Golden (it's free) you'll need to get there early.  It was a two hour line on Sunday a few weeks back.
View Quote
Did it yesterday around 1PM and the line was about an hour.  

Also did Great Divide yesterday.  Their Oatmeal Yeti Imperial....mmmmmm mmmmmmmm

ETA: Just realized how old this thread is.  My bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top