Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2016 9:35:56 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with the 40mm Practice chalk rounds (M781's) in regards to Colorado law?

They are listed as a 1.4G explosive, and I know that most legal "ground" fireworks are listed under 1.4G which are legal to own in Colorado.

Just don't want a case of them shipped here and I end up getting in hot water because someone sees the placard and calls me in and for some reason I have to have a Type 1 CO explosives permit.

Thanks,
NM
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 10:42:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does anyone have any experience with the 40mm Practice chalk rounds (M781's) in regards to Colorado law?

They are listed as a 1.4G explosive, and I know that most legal "ground" fireworks are listed under 1.4G which are legal to own in Colorado.

Just don't want a case of them shipped here and I end up getting in hot water because someone sees the placard and calls me in and for some reason I have to have a Type 1 CO explosives permit.

Thanks,
NM
View Quote

There's no explosive in those rounds other than the propellant. Never heard of an issue however since people have been asking ATF questions recently that we didn't want them to answer, there was a recent memo on everything 40mm. I'll see if I can find it.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 11:22:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Thanks,
NM
View Quote

Did you already start the build?
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 4:21:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Did you already start the build?
View Quote

Not yet, trying to iron out some of these questions
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top