Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2016 7:10:09 PM EDT
So I'm from Utah, and I have loose plans of moving to Boulder county (Possible Grad Student at CU and job at Digital Globe in Longmont). I have 6 AR magazines all with capacities higher than 15. Can or can I not bring them in and use them?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#1]
A quick search will answer all your questions about magazines in CO.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:36:59 PM EDT
[#2]
There's nothing to understand. Nothing to know, nothing to do that would put you in jeopardy with the law
There's also a few threads about the same question you've asked. Look up a few threads and here's one of 3-4. It's nice to know what one can do to keep legal. it's also easy to browse the COHTF and see who else had inquired.  
Any reason boulder cty?  Longmont also crosses in to weld cty.  If you're planning to rent. I suggest reading the other threads about Moving to CO also.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_20/588741_Magazine_question.html
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:04:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's nothing to understand. Nothing to know, nothing to do that would put you in jeopardy with the law
There's also a few threads about the same question you've asked. Look up a few threads and here's one of 3-4. It's nice to know what one can do to keep legal. it's also easy to browse the COHTF and see who else had inquired.  
Any reason boulder cty?  Longmont also crosses in to weld cty.  If you're planning to rent. I suggest reading the other threads about Moving to CO also.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_20/588741_Magazine_question.html
View Quote

Did your sarcasm break jim?

Only six mags? Amateur!!!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:29:59 AM EDT
[#4]
The 'globe can be a bit of a sweatshop.  Plan to work hard.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:20:57 AM EDT
[#5]
The strictly-legal answer: if you owned the magazines prior to 7-1-13, it's perfectly legal for you to bring them. About the only thing you can't do is sell or transfer them in-state.If you got them after that date, they're banned unless you're LE/MIL/FFL.

The practical answer: nobody cares. Nobody is enforcing the ban. I would hare to violate COC by encouraging someone to break the law, so I'm not going to explicitly say that if you acquired one of the magazines on or after the magic date nobody will actually care.

It might be cheaper to live in Golden or on the Weld County side of Longmont and commute, but that's a separate story.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:50:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The strictly-legal answer: if you owned the magazines prior to 7-1-13, it's perfectly legal for you to bring them. About the only thing you can't do is sell or transfer them in-state.If you got them after that date, they're banned unless you're LE/MIL/FFL.

The practical answer: nobody cares. Nobody is enforcing the ban. I would hare to violate COC by encouraging someone to break the law, so I'm not going to explicitly say that if you acquired one of the magazines on or after the magic date nobody will actually care.

It might be cheaper to live in Golden or on the Weld County side of Longmont and commute, but that's a separate story.
View Quote

Commuting from anywhere in Golden to DigitalGlobe in Longmont would make any sane person want to eat a bullet.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:46:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Keep in mind DG Longmont will be moving later this year to re-join the mothership in Westminster.

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 4:54:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Keep in mind DG Longmont will be moving later this year to re-join the mothership in Westminster.

View Quote

The executive suite at the Westminster site is pretty sweet. Just saying.

(I don't work for DG)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top