Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2015 6:23:31 PM EDT
Anyone else going this weekend? I miss going to 1 or 2 air shows a year. Every 3 isn't enough out here, but I'm looking forward to it!
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:43:13 PM EDT
[#1]
hoping to go Sunday
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
hoping to go Sunday
View Quote

I'll be there Sunday. IM if you want, always up for meeting new people.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Post some pics.

I'm stuck in Ohio for the next few days.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 8:31:37 PM EDT
[#4]
im guessing that carrying is a no go?
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
im guessing that carrying is a no go?
View Quote

Yeah, I think they check for pocket knives too.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 9:56:49 PM EDT
[#6]
yeah so lots of signs and advertising for no "weapons" but that was the most minimum security i have ever seen!

I do have to say, they put on one hell of an awesome show!!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:27:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I left everything in the car, but anyone core have gotten in if concealed. I have been to a lot of air shows in my life, and Tora Tora Tora was one of the best acts I've ever seen! 7 planes was intense. I can't imagine 180+
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:29:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Didn't get the chance to go this year but I'm glad the security was toned down from the last one.  Saw one tool bag standing around with a condition 1 1911 in a drop holster around knee level.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:56:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Seemed like it was a little bit thin this year.

Traffic control sucked getting in to the place, we waited 2 hours in Horizon Drive to get in

Hopefully it comes back next year with a few more aircraft flying and for us to wander around and stare at
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:50:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Seemed like it was a little bit thin this year.

Traffic control sucked getting in to the place, we waited 2 hours in Horizon Drive to get in

Hopefully it comes back next year with a few more aircraft flying and for us to wander around and stare at
View Quote

We got there around 10:30 on Sunday, and there wasn't much traffic. Getting out was WAY faster than 3 years ago too.

The static displays were weak compared to what I grew up seeing. I think it was also the first airshow I've been to without some sort of solo military demo, or a heritage flight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top