Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2015 9:02:43 PM EDT
Ok, after almost 5 years down in here in Csprings, I had a job offer that will put me in Parker.  I'll do the commute for the short term, but we'll have to look at moving that way eventually when our lease is up in December.  Parker itself looks nice, but when it comes to buying a house, I think it's going to be out of our price range.  Not sure where the wife will end up for work, shes a nurse and could possibly take a transfer to the area.  We will likely get an apartment for the time up in the area, but would like to end up in a house.  Not overly familiar with the county lay outs up there, what cities and counties are bigger dicks about guns, and so on.  Would probably like to stay under $320k on a house.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 7:28:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Arapahoe county and aurora is some place I wouldn't consider living in again
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 9:54:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out Elizabeth and Kiowa area, The drive ain't that bad to Parker.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 10:26:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Arapahoe county and aurora is some place I wouldn't consider living in again
View Quote

Quoted for truth. County doesn't line up with my views on guns. Jeffco sheriff is cool with NFA too

I want to move to jeffco/ west side of Littleton.

Link Posted: 9/27/2015 11:12:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I take it Douglas is considered safe as well right now?  Denver and A-hoe  counties are the no go zones?  Seen some places for sale out east of Parker, Deer Trail addresses, but west of Deer Trail area.  70 acre plots with decent houses on them.  Only thing I saw was miles of dirt roads.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 11:24:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Douglas county is good to go. I'm in Parker. Lots of Libs moving in but it's good for now
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 11:48:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Douglas county is good to go. I'm in Parker. Lots of Libs moving in but it's good for now
View Quote

Maybe they'll run when they see all the gun cases coming in?l lol Can only hope.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 1:45:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I take it Douglas is considered safe as well right now?  Denver and A-hoe  counties are the no go zones?  Seen some places for sale out east of Parker, Deer Trail addresses, but west of Deer Trail area.  70 acre plots with decent houses on them.  Only thing I saw was miles of dirt roads.
View Quote

You want "Affordable" acreage, you have to be willing to travel.
Going east-west one must also take in winter driving, those open spaces look nice with no houses. They're also the reason a lot of them are closed during high winds. Sparse snow on the ground gets serious white outs and icy roads when it's windy.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Also take into account that dirt becomes mud. I'd opt for only living off a gravel road  by a mile or two max.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 7:35:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, when I seen dirt roads, that likely go for miles, I lost interest.  Granted I have 4wd, but in the spring that could turn into a bottomless mess.  We'll have to look into living in town, just not sure where.  Castle Rock, eastern side may not be so bad, for a drive.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 10:48:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Well looks like we will get an apartment in Parker at least thru the winter, and then see how we like the new jobs by spring.  May be house shopping by then.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 12:35:14 AM EDT
[#11]
As long as you don't need a signature for NFA it won't matter much.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:50:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ok, after almost 5 years down in here in Csprings, I had a job offer that will put me in Parker.  I'll do the commute for the short term, but we'll have to look at moving that way eventually when our lease is up in December.  Parker itself looks nice, but when it comes to buying a house, I think it's going to be out of our price range.  Not sure where the wife will end up for work, shes a nurse and could possibly take a transfer to the area.  We will likely get an apartment for the time up in the area, but would like to end up in a house.  Not overly familiar with the county lay outs up there, what cities and counties are bigger dicks about guns, and so on.  Would probably like to stay under $320k on a house.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:40:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Going east-west one must also take in winter driving, those open spaces look nice with no houses. They're also the reason a lot of them are closed during high winds. Sparse snow on the ground gets serious white outs and icy roads when it's windy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  Out east a couple inches of snow can equal foot deep drifts.  There are places when you get a good storm the drifts are taller than an SUV and dug out with front end loaders.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:01:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Actually I used to live in Iowa, and we had more than a few big snow storms there every year on par with the '97 storm here.  Those homes out east would be a bear in winter, no doubt, and it was more of wishful thinking.  Cheap homes, lots of land.  We signed a lease for an apartment in Castle Pines, so we'll be starting the move there the end of November, into December.  The places in Parker and Lone Tree, varied from grossly over priced for what you got, to outright rude management.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:36:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm in Castle Pines.. give me a shout when you get settled
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 5:08:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Will do.  Can't miss me, there isn't many lifted Libertys running around there with 31" tires under it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 1:01:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Actually I used to live in Iowa, and we had more than a few big snow storms there every year on par with the '97 storm here.  Those homes out east would be a bear in winter, no doubt, and it was more of wishful thinking.  Cheap homes, lots of land.  We signed a lease for an apartment in Castle Pines, so we'll be starting the move there the end of November, into December.  The places in Parker and Lone Tree, varied from grossly over priced for what you got, to outright rude management.
View Quote

Sadly cheap homes and lots of land start east of the Elbert County line for the most part.  So think commuting from Limon.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 11:31:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Will do.  Can't miss me, there isn't many lifted Libertys running around there anywhere with 31" tires under it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will do.  Can't miss me, there isn't many lifted Libertys running around there anywhere with 31" tires under it.

fixed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top