Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2015 8:06:38 AM EDT
I was turned away from service to use the range at Blue Core simply due to the fact that I require 24/7 oxygen therapy. This isn't exactly explosive liquid oxygen (not that it should matter), it's simply concentrated oxygen right out of the air and it sits right behind me when I am shooting. There is no reason in the world why it would not be safe for me to shoot at any properly built gun range. I have shot at ranges all over town and in Texas and Louisiana as well. I would be much more likely to shoot myself than for my oxygen bottle to take a direct hit. The entire premise is ridiculous. It mostly irritates me because from what I understand, they have the only 100m, indoor range in the area and I was looking for a place to shoot in the colder months when the weather was exceptionally bad. Very, very, disappointing.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:33:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:50:46 AM EDT
[#2]
It's still a large volume, compressed container. I'll see if I can find the exact regulation in CFRs that prohibit that at an indoor range.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:26:41 PM EDT
[#3]
ive seen someone shoot with a tank of O2 and mask on before, I've seen him a few times actually.

But then again BlueCore constantly changes the rules for no reason and explanation and then denies they once allowed it.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:38:11 PM EDT
[#4]
If its a pure o2 tank I would understand but an oxygen concentrator is not any kind of risk
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top