Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2015 8:58:59 PM EDT
And would like to rent to fellow Arfcomer?

Wife and I are being relocated to Denver for work at the beginning of August.  Looking to live in Denver for a year and then make our escape out to the suburbs.  Looking for a three bedroom east or south of downtown.

Yes I know living in Denver but sucks but the opportunity calls for us to do it for only a year.  Luckily schools are a non-factor at this point.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:40:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Living in Denver doesn't suck. The people that always parrot that shit on here likely wouldn't like any city. Yes it's full of libtard dipshits but most population centers are.
     I currently live in Golden but was downtown for quite a few years and loved it.

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 1:35:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I hated down town.  To each there own
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 3:52:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Living in Denver doesn't suck. The people that always parrot that shit on here likely wouldn't like any city. Yes it's full of libtard dipshits but most population centers are.

View Quote

Living in denver (city) proper sucks, Keep in mind denver (county) stretches out to red rocks
it doesn't suck if you like massive traffic, over priced rentals, pretentious people (hipsters and massive doses of herpy derpy liberals)
It's a sanctuary city, taxes the shit out of you to pay for social programs (Illegals education to name one) Has a serious issue with the homeless, Turns an eye to the rampant issues with gangs, hoping they go away. On & On.
Having lived in a few major cities (NYC) for one. I can say Denver sucks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:02:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Living in denver (city) proper sucks, Keep in mind denver (county) stretches out to red rocks
it doesn't suck if you like massive traffic, over priced rentals, pretentious people (hipsters and massive doses of herpy derpy liberals)
It's a sanctuary city, taxes the shit out of you to pay for social programs (Illegals education to name one) Has a serious issue with the homeless, Turns an eye to the rampant issues with gangs, hoping they go away. On & On.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I'm moving from DC so I would say this is an improvement.  We currently pay $2000 for a 1-bed apartment and we just found a 3-bed apartment in Denver for the same price which will be split three ways.

It will be easier to get to the outdoor stuff we want to do and the weather is better IMO.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 1:38:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Denver is a great city.  As far as cities go, it's super clean and friendly.  Visible crime is low and it's still very safe after dark.  Even the drug dealers will say hi.

Especially compared to East coast cities.

ETA-  Golden Gate Canyon park is fantastic and only about 40 minutes west.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 9:38:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Well I'm moving from DC so I would say this is an improvement.  We currently pay $2000 for a 1-bed apartment and we just found a 3-bed apartment in Denver for the same price which will be split three ways.

It will be easier to get to the outdoor stuff we want to do and the weather is better IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't argue there. Denver will be like disney land, after DC.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:13:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Denver doesn't stretch out to Red Rocks park...
There's thing called Jefferson County in between.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:35:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I moved here from Arlington, VA and before that DC, and yes Denver proper sucks.  I'm south of Denver in Greenwood Village and while not quite as expensive as DC it's pretty damn close as far as housing and car tax goes.  Traffic isn't nearly as bad though.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:19:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm with my brutha from another mother denverdan, Denver is a pretty sweet city to live in.

What areas are you looking at in town? I spend a lot of time downtown and can help steer you around if you want.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:04:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I moved here from Arlington, VA and before that DC, and yes Denver proper sucks.  I'm south of Denver in Greenwood Village and while not quite as expensive as DC it's pretty damn close as far as housing and car tax goes.  Traffic isn't nearly as bad though.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:15:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Having lived in San Diego, LA, and Phoenix, I will say if you like big city things, Denver does have its charms.

But it still sucks
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:43:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm with my brutha from another mother denverdan, Denver is a pretty sweet city to live in.

What areas are you looking at in town? I spend a lot of time downtown and can help steer you around if you want.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:03:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We actually just signed a lease for an apartment close to City Park.  It had what we were looking for and was good price.  I'll be working from home but my wife will be commuting only a few days a week.  Really looking forward to checking out the Denver breweries and bike trails.

Anyone shoot at Golden Gun Club out in Watkins?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

We actually just signed a lease for an apartment close to City Park.  It had what we were looking for and was good price.  I'll be working from home but my wife will be commuting only a few days a week.  Really looking forward to checking out the Denver breweries and bike trails.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.  You have questions?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:55:11 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

I've been looking at their website and the facilities look really nice.  I've been limited to an indoor 50-yard range for the past few years.  Are they currently accepting members?  A lot of private clubs seem to have long waiting lists.  Does it get really crowded?  I've never shot at a private club before, just public ranges and NRA HQ.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:59:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Glad you found a place, I was going to mention that we had a house that would be available for rent in late August southwest of National Jewish Hospital.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:58:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I've been looking at their website and the facilities look really nice.  I've been limited to an indoor 50-yard range for the past few years.  Are they currently accepting members?  A lot of private clubs seem to have long waiting lists.  Does it get really crowded?  I've never shot at a private club before, just public ranges and NRA HQ.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

IM inbound.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top