Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2015 3:29:29 PM EDT
Didn't see any threads about motorcycles. Anyone down for getting an arf ride going? I'm not talking about rocketing around Denver but actually being safe and responsible.

Chris
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Didn't see any threads about motorcycles. Anyone down for getting an arf ride going? I'm not talking about rocketing around Denver but actually being safe and responsible.

Chris
View Quote
I ride dirtbike OHV and only have one person to go with,

not sure if you're talking about that but figured I'd throw my hat in the ring
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:43:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I ride a KLR650, but I'm bad at it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 6:37:21 PM EDT
[#3]

I need to update some pics. But I ride all over the west slope.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 7:20:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I am up for a ride. I am also off this weekend...

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:21:17 PM EDT
[#5]
"safe and responsible" That leaves me out. Just kidding, sold mine years ago.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:29:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Used to do stunt riding, had an F4I for slow, parking lot stuff, and an R1 for highway stuff (when I lived in Cali). Also road motorcross......but no bikes now.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:08:22 AM EDT
[#7]
The Ducati is broken again...
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:52:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Used to... but too much gravel and cops to do anything fun in the mountains. Sold my R1 a few years back.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:13:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w475/Shawnson133/20140223_163656_zpsf13ca020.jpg

View Quote

Thats peeerdy. This weekend won't work as I'm taking another riding class both Sat and Sun but def should get together.

" />
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:45:03 AM EDT
[#10]
I try to minimize my time on pavement...

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:02:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thats peeerdy. This weekend won't work as I'm taking another riding class both Sat and Sun but def should get together.

http://<a href=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ChrisKopp/481-MMS-1429715386-attachment1-PART_1428622603518_PART_1428622600444_.jpeg</a>" />
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w475/Shawnson133/20140223_163656_zpsf13ca020.jpg

http://<a href=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ChrisKopp/481-MMS-1429715386-attachment1-PART_1428622603518_PART_1428622600444_.jpeg</a>" />

Next full weekend off is the weekend of the 9th. Just let me know.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:45:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds good dude. Maybe we can get some more people in on it to by then.

What part of town are you in? Im in SW Denver off Sheridan and Hampden
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 1:20:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I REALLY want to get 600 sport bike, but I just can't justify it in Montrose. Slow speed limits, tons of gravel...
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:14:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey man, glad to see you're back on two wheels....I remember your accident.  Really fortunate it wasn't worse.  Scary stuff.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:20:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sounds good dude. Maybe we can get some more people in on it to by then.

What part of town are you in? Im in SW Denver off Sheridan and Hampden
View Quote

South east. Hampden and Yosemite. Maybe a short ride down to Sedalia and grab a burger at buds bar.

Nice easy tune up spring ride.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:17:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Think you guys can keep up in the hills?

I could bust out my TT (Tavern - Tavern) ride.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:01:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Green Mtn area ( Alameda & Union )    and a 1995 ( last yr ) BMW K75S w/ new rubber !

I'll watch this thread.... Lost most of my rider friends yrs ago after the HD was sold off. One more MC for the bucket list ......  
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:47:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I used to.  Then this whole texting thing happened and I've seen too many close calls and ones that didn't end well.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:42:14 PM EDT
[#19]
I enjoy my time on my V-Max. Don't get up to Denver on the bike though, too much going on lately. Maybe when things slow down a bit.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:58:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I used to.  Then this whole texting thing happened and I've seen too many close calls and ones that didn't end well.  
View Quote

That's precisely why I sold my last bike. It seemed every time I rode it people were actively trying to kill me.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:45:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That's precisely why I sold my last bike. It seemed every time I rode it people were actively trying to kill me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did it for me was getting rear-ended by a drunk in 2001. Wife was with me in the F350 and we got blasted at 104th and Federal.
Knocked my crew cab dually 240'. We realized if we had been on my sled my kids would have been instant orphans at 12 and 9.
No mas

Be careful out there guys, we lost Matt a few years ago on his bike.
Let's not see it happen again.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:01:53 AM EDT
[#22]
I can honestly say I am one of the riders that doesn't take unnecessary risks when it comes to bikes. I only ride when I know traffic is low to moderate and conditions are good. That's not saying that someone can't be distracted and still hurt/kill you on a bike but I like to minimize the risks involved if I can.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:11:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I can honestly say I am one of the riders that doesn't take unnecessary risks when it comes to bikes. I only ride when I know traffic is low to moderate and conditions are good. That's not saying that someone can't be distracted and still hurt/kill you on a bike but I like to minimize the risks involved if I can.
View Quote

If you're on 2 wheels you take risk.
Where along the front range is traffic "low to moderate" ?   Forget the texting, lately it's the Hey i'll hang a u-turn HERE, across a double yellow right after they made a right w/out stopping on red. Then there's the sure i ran a stop sign, so they do 20 under thinking that atones for their last fuk up. As right of way traffic come to a halt behind them, from the 40 mph they were doing
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:16:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Chris
View Quote

Saw this one late but post up when you want to go for a ride. I mostly stick to the mountains. I'm south of Denver on 285. Always down for a casual ride.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:11:47 PM EDT
[#25]
I stay on the dirt.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 12:07:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I stay on the dirt.
View Quote
OHV trails?  You near Denver ?

I can always use more people to go with.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 3:49:36 AM EDT
[#27]
If you go south I am up for that.

Gave up the dirt for road a few years ago
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 9:16:28 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

OHV trails?  You near Denver ?    I can always use more people to go with.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I stay on the dirt.

I live outside of Black Hawk on peak to peak hwy.

Trails out my back door

But yes to answer your question! Where do you go?

Link Posted: 5/10/2015 2:14:13 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I live outside of Black Hawk on peak to peak hwy.   Trails out my back door

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I stay on the dirt.

Ive only had my bike a year.  I went up thru montezuma near keystone, cant remember the exact name of the trail.  Awesome spot, I also went on the trail system right above the town of empire.  Both were awesome, went to rampart once and it was meh compared to the others.  

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:26:44 AM EDT
[#30]
With all the rain we've had so far, I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever get it out this spring.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:27:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Two of my buds and I are planning to ride over to Zion Natl Park Next month. At this point were pretty certain we'll get wet. We're just debating on how wet.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 1:10:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

What did it for me was getting rear-ended by a drunk in 2001. Wife was with me in the F350 and we got blasted at 104th and Federal.
Knocked my crew cab dually 240'. We realized if we had been on my sled my kids would have been instant orphans at 12 and 9.
No mas

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No mas

Unfortunately there were some other circumstances there with him but yes, it's a good reminder to ride safe.

For you dirt guys....I'm trying to plan a CDT ride sometime soon.  I'm down here in El Paso now but will likely take it north through NM to northern CO and back.  Any of you are more than welcome to meet up and ride some of it with me/us.  I'll post up when it becomes a reality with solid dates.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 10:06:40 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Ive only had my bike a year.  I went up thru montezuma near keystone, cant remember the exact name of the trail.  Awesome spot, I also went on the trail system right above the town of empire.  Both were awesome, went to rampart once and it was meh compared to the others.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I stay on the dirt.

Well just let me know when you're ready to go...We still have a decent amount of snow pack but thinking by the end of the month things should be really opened up,

Ill shoot an IM. You have plates on your bike? I have plates but it's fine if you dont.

Link Posted: 6/11/2015 10:19:41 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

For you dirt guys....I'm trying to plan a CDT ride sometime soon.  I'm down here in El Paso now but will likely take it north through NM to northern CO and back.  Any of you are more than welcome to meet up and ride some of it with me/us.  I'll post up when it becomes a reality with solid dates.
View Quote
I would be up for joining, have bike will travel

Link Posted: 6/16/2015 10:44:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Snow is melting fast up here on the front range. Just got trail report from my buddies that were 4 wheeling this evening.

They are also snow bashing in the trucks to open trails up for bikes
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 10:53:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Having breakfast at 6:00 am Friday at Shooters then heading out for Zion, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands and Moab for a four day weekend with a couple of buddies. I just hope I can make it to Thursday afternoon without killing any one of the two or three idiots at work who have really been getting on my last nerve a lot lately.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 5:06:52 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Snow is melting fast up here on the front range. Just got trail report from my buddies that were 4 wheeling this evening.

View Quote
Nice.  You feeling good for Sat still ?

Link Posted: 6/17/2015 5:07:40 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Having breakfast at 6:00 am Friday at Shooters then heading out for Zion, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands and Moab for a four day weekend with a couple of buddies. I just hope I can make it to Thursday afternoon without killing any one of the two or three idiots at work who have really been getting on my last nerve a lot lately.
View Quote
Have fun, we just got back from there.  Zion will be uncomfortably hot

Link Posted: 6/17/2015 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup back is feeling better. Let me know what time you'll be up and I can give directions.

Link Posted: 6/17/2015 3:57:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah it looks like it will be. We were hoping to get while the weather was cool enough to enjoy and the calls were running but it appears the weather has turned.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 11:18:35 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Yeah it looks like it will be. We were hoping to get while the weather was cool enough to enjoy and the calls were running but it appears the weather has turned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hit up the narrows hike at zion if you want to cool down.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 11:19:06 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Yup back is feeling better. Let me know what time you'll be up and I can give directions.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I call you to hash out times tomorrow around noon.  

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:59:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Excited to ride tomorrow!

Anyone interested in a on/road off road day long excursion?

I was thinking of this-

Start in Nederland.

Sugarloaf road to Switzerland Trail

Switzerland trail to hwy 72

Back through Nederland to West Magnolia.

W mag to FSR105

105 to Tolland road

Tolland rd to Mammoth Gulch

Mammoth to Kingston peak

Kingston to Alice/St Mary's glacier

Down Fall river road to Empire/Idaho Springs

We could run the trail backwards or head I-70 through BlackHawk and then up peak to peak hwy to Nederland.

It would require plates and some skill. If anyone is interested please respond here. Ill start a thread if we get a few guys that would be into it.

Everything posted is viewable on google maps I believe.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 7:12:39 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I was thinking of this-

Start in Nederland.

W mag to FSR105

105 to Tolland road

Mammoth to Kingston peak

We could run the trail backwards or head I-70 through BlackHawk and then up peak to peak hwy to Nederland.

It would require plates and some skill. If anyone is interested please respond here. Ill start a thread if we get a few guys that would be into it.

View Quote
Rob, thanks for showing me around the area today.  Had a great time.  Hopefully I can make it back up soon with a plated bike

Link Posted: 6/20/2015 10:26:46 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Rob, thanks for showing me around the area today.  Had a great time.  Hopefully I can make it back up soon with a plated bike  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I was thinking of this-

Start in Nederland.

W mag to FSR105

105 to Tolland road

Mammoth to Kingston peak

No sweat man! Great ride. I took a nap after that haha. Yeah great first ride for me.

Yeah plates give you so much access. Hope you can upgrade soon!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top