[#2]
Go Avs!!!!!  
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:44:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hockey sucks anyway
View Quote

That's what I always thought.....but after researching this post (because I had no idea what it was about) I was sucked into the internet vortex of hockey fights and some of the videos make the sport look like it would be my favorite! (I'm not a "traditional sports" guy). But I'm sure those games with awesome fights, and teams scaling the wall to fight fans, are few and far between.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:09:21 AM EDT
[#4]

my opinion differs.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:28:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's what I always thought.....but after researching this post (because I had no idea what it was about) I was sucked into the internet vortex of hockey fights and some of the videos make the sport look like it would be my favorite! (I'm not a "traditional sports" guy). But I'm sure those games with awesome fights, and teams scaling the wall to fight fans, are few and far between.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hockey sucks anyway

Is that anything like the watchamacallit list vortex?

I hate those commercials
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:50:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

my opinion differs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

my opinion differs.

LGRW
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:07:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

LGRW
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

my opinion differs.

LGRW

My acronyms cypher is broken.
My opinion differs in that going back to see the lemeiux "cheap shot" the year before it looked like a check.  I don't know hockey, but always thought checks were allowed.  McCarthy threw a sucker punch with his glove on, which I understand is frowned upon (again limited hockey knowledge, but I grew up in Pittsburgh during the penguins hay day).  Going further into the vortex, I watched mccarthy and lemiex fight head to head and lemeiux certainly didn't need to "turtle to save his life".  After he took a sucker punch that put him on the ice, he protected his head.  After taking a hard punch to the skull with probaly more power than either guy could becapable of Iin a toe to toe fight he tried to stand up and couldn't.  The fact that the mma fights would have stopped st that point and mccarthy kept going is a good reason fighting should be left to fighting sports.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:00:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Lemieux clearly blindsided Draper. Drapes had no way of seeing it coming, the play had moved elsewhere and it was at the low boards. A check is part of hockey; that was clearly an attempt to hurt someone (successfully). Even Ciccarelli thought it was BS and he's swung at guys overhand with his stick like a samurai sword.

While true that D Mac caught Lemieux off guard, that wasn't the first or last scrum of the night. If he didn't know it was coming, he was out of his OODA loop. Regardless it was well deserved since Draper didn't have any warning.

If you see it any other way, you either don't know hockey or...well...are from Colorado!

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 1:07:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I hate those commercials
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hockey sucks anyway

I hate those commercials

Don't think I've seen those commercials.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:51:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hockey sucks anyway

I hate those commercials

They're on the radio here on the west slope
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:10:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top