Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2015 10:50:50 AM EDT
They have a rifle listed on GB that I'm interested in.  Anyone have any experience with them?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:55:16 PM EDT
[#1]
The feed back is not or has not ran in their favor. YMMV
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:28:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Once upon a time they were great. Now it's indifferent to bad depends on who you deal with.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:11:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I have never personally had any bad dealings with them, and virtually all the "complaints" are about the male owner and specific dealings with him and his personality.  Gina on the other hand (his wife) has always been more than cordial.  The new store location is great but as always shop around as they are not the only game in town.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:27:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought an HK45 there because they have damn good prices for an LGS IMO.

If you see the price on GB just add tax and they'll sell it to you for that amount.  That's what they did for me, I found they HK45 on GB initially.  (don't forget 3% cash discount)

Almost bought an AK there but ended up ordering it from Atlantic instead.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:28:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
where are you getting this from ?

I see 4.5/5 on yelp
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I see 4.5/5 on yelp
Virtually any other weapons specific gun board

ar-15.co

ar15.com

thatsitethatshallnotbenamed.com

As I've said I have never had a problem but the owner rubs some people wrong.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:46:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I've bought a few parts and accessories from them many years ago.  The service and prices were good. The stuff I bought was on sale.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:31:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I swing in pretty often.  I have no issues with the owners or any other workers.

I often wonder if the folks complaining are assholes who are getting asshole feedback.  That happens a lot in the gun world.

The new range and store is really nice.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:31:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I see 4.5/5 on yelp
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see 4.5/5 on yelp

uummmm here numerous times, co-ar15.co and other forums as mentioned. YELP??  who vets the Yelp feed back? I go by what i read and hear from RELIABLE gun owners / members with longevity.
5280 is like Jensens in loveland when BobbyJ owned it. The experience was one or the other, depending on the day and employee you dealt with.

You want to do business with them, go ahead. You have a good experience post it up. You have a less than stellar one, don't say you weren't given advance notice.  IF they had a smoking deal that no one else had and i was in the area. I would consider spending money there. There isn't anything they have i cannot obtain on line, and send to my FFL.  Same for almost any LGS now a days.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:00:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I swing in pretty often.  I have no issues with the owners or any other workers.

I often wonder if the folks complaining are assholes who are getting asshole feedback.  That happens a lot in the gun world.

The new range and store is really nice.
View Quote

I know many good reliable guys who are having issues. If you haven't then you are not the norm.  

Gina is a sweetheart and is always a pleasure to deal with. Matt is curt some take that as rude, unless hes having a bad day...

Ive been a customer of theirs since the ffl was based out of their house 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 4:04:03 PM EDT
[#11]
nvm . . .
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#12]
I've bought a couple guns from them. No complaints here....
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 3:25:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been in their store twice and bought from them once.  Seemed at least as good as any other gun store.  I'd go back.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 4:08:56 PM EDT
[#14]
A long time ago I hated them with a passion. I always got shit customer service. In 2008 I came in with $2000 in cash wanting to buy my first AR15. I stood in front of the counter trying to get someone to come over for at least half hour. It wasn't busy inside either. There were 3 guys standing behind the counter talking and just blatantly ignoring me. So I pulled the brick of cash out of my pocket and put it on the counter. Within a minute all 3 were walking towards me asking if I needed any help. I grabbed my cash and told them that I would've spent it all with them if I wouldn't have been ignored for half an hour.

I went back there a few weeks ago because I heard they got a new location. Looks hell of a lot nicer then their old location and all the employees were actually pretty nice and helpful. They aren't on my list of places to look first to buy a rifle but I'd consider spending money with them again.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 12:45:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Cuts service except for Gina ranges from sucky to downright shitty.

Matt her husband is a downright dick.

Prices are average. Selection is not bad.

There are many other shops out there.

Link Posted: 2/8/2015 9:17:34 PM EDT
[#16]
I have never went to the shop, but I did see them when they use to sell at Tanner's. Kids who came to help was nice. Lady was nice. Dude who always wore shorts (100F deg to -20F deg ; 24/7) wasn't nice at all.
There are reasons why I buy firearms online now. Some of the gun shop owners are extremely rude. Don't have to put up with crap+better price online.
Screw all jerks. There are tons of stores who are cheaper and nicer.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 8:53:49 PM EDT
[#17]
They have a decent selection and one or two obscure things.  As has been said, my service experience has been consistently mediocre.  Some guys want to talk your ear off with information and opinions of questionable provenance, others wouldn't spit on you if you were on fire.  If they have the specific thing you need, then their prices are decent and it may be worth the gamble on service.  When I am down that way, I will usually stop at Machine Gun Tours over 5280.  It's a little smaller, but I've had consistently good experience with everyone I have met there, including the owner.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 12:52:10 AM EDT
[#18]
I have transferred two suppressors through them and haven't had any problems.  Gina has been great to work with and the other employees have been very attentive. I haven't interacted with Matt, so no idea on him.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 1:22:40 AM EDT
[#19]
I've always been treated well there.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 1:38:52 PM EDT
[#20]
2 purchases from them over the years.....some clerks are a little surly, some not.  The ladies that ran the paperwork were very cordial.  Prices were competitive at the time for what I was buying.  I'd go back, but I wouldn't hesitate to walk out on a d-bag clerk.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 11:27:10 PM EDT
[#21]
I've purchased firearms from them 4 or 5 times. Went to buy an AK yesterday from them and the d-bag employee wouldn't let me look at multiple ones to pick the better. That's the 3rd visit with rude service and now I'm done with them. Back in the day when Matt and Gina were the primary people I dealt with, I thought they were fine. But all their employees suck and give bad service. I'm not going back.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 11:39:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I've purchased firearms from them 4 or 5 times. Went to buy an AK yesterday from them and the d-bag employee wouldn't let me look at multiple ones to pick the better. That's the 3rd visit with rude service and now I'm done with them. Back in the day when Matt and Gina were the primary people I dealt with, I thought they were fine. But all their employees suck and give bad service. I'm not going back.
View Quote

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly did he say?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:25:22 PM EDT
[#23]
I just picked up my Daniel Defense M4 there a few weeks ago and had a good experience
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:40:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Nothing can be worse than centennial gun club....
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:29:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cals sporting armory is.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 11:19:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Cals sporting armory is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cals sporting armory is.

Wow he is still around he use to be of Sheridan and Hampden I see he moved to Dillon.
He was a prick back in the day to
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 6:59:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Wow he is still around he use to be of Sheridan and Hampden I see he moved to Dillon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cals sporting armory is.

He closed that name and has a new one. Gave up the ffl but hes still around last I heard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top