Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2015 4:23:54 PM EDT
I am not from Co but It seems to me that the people of the state are strongly for personal freedom, liberty and strong private property rights. I really admire that since I am a firm believer that people should be free to do anything that does not hurt, bother, or put other people in danger.
Cannabis is one of those things that should be legal to keep and grow in a safe way in your own home/property. Yes it should be illegal to smoke and drive and always will be. Legalization does not raise the amount of stoned drivers on the road. In fact, it may lower it, in prohibition states many smokers smoke and drive like no big deal. Word on the street from CO people is DO NOT DRIVE AND SMOKE, LE does not take kindly to it! They have given some freedom and liberty back so DO NOT take it for granted is the general consensus.
Also legalization has lowered teen use rates and crime rates.
Now while gaining freedom in some areas why must you give up freedom in other areas like the stupid new gun controls.
obviously the will of the people took a lot of republican votes to legalize cannabis. The mag bans and universal background checks are not the will of the people.  
I wish the republicans who don't understand the issue would realize that cannabis is a personal freedom and protect it just like all other personal liberty, and I wish democrats would start to understand that criminals do not follow gun laws. Some guys have a beer or two, some guys have a puff or two. Do some people go overboard? Yes, and there will always be those people whether cannabis and booze are legal or not. Once it turns into a party the hunting and shooting is over for the day, it's that simple.
Please get the gun controls repealed and leave the cannabis alone, keep protecting personal freedoms and gaining more. I am buying some property there that I would love to make my retirement home and not just an investment to sell later. Liberty and justice for all!
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#1]
You've been smoking too much of that crap.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:01:44 PM EDT
[#2]
That so harshed my melloo
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:34:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you have something to back up the statement that the legalization of marijuana has caused a decrease in teen usage, just curious.......because I find that very hard to believe.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:45:39 AM EDT
[#4]
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2014/08/07/pot-use-among-colorado-teens-appears-to-drop-after-legalization
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:51:29 AM EDT
[#5]
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/12/16/teen-marijuana-use-falls-as-more-states-legalize/
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I wonder what the excuse for the 2% drop from '09-'11 was caused by....they even admit to the drop appearing to be a multi year trend which was happening before the legalization. Thanks for the article.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:13:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:21:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I am a realist. You really think any gov will ever decriminalize without getting their share somehow? Consumption taxes are voluntary. Be a little self reliant, grow your own, they cant tax what you produce and use for yourself. I sure as hell won't complain about more freedom. Here in Nodak if any of the LE get wind of 1-6 cannabis plants in any home they are coming in with the swat team...how's that for liberty...treating good people like criminals.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:11:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am a realist. You really think any gov will ever decriminalize without getting their share somehow? Consumption taxes are voluntary. Be a little self reliant, grow your own, they cant tax what you produce and use for yourself. I sure as hell won't complain about more freedom. Here in Nodak if any of the LE get wind of 1-6 cannabis plants in any home they are coming in with the swat team...how's that for liberty...treating good people like criminals.
View Quote

Speaking of nodak land. Since the oil boom how's that crime rate? Down here, where you do not reside. The freeloading mentality associated with anything once it becomes decriminalized, is interesting.
Keep in mind, IMO weed / pot / hemp/ maryjane/ dope/ stick/ skunk etc should be dropped from schedule 1 narcotics. Unfortunately the KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF MY LIBERTIES. Pot crowd, have no clue they're in the same boat we're in. BUT will do nothing to protect personal freedom across the board. ONLY their weed.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:21:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Jim there is that two party paradigm bs again, cannabis rights are not just a left wing thing anymore and it did take a lot of repub votes to legalize. You are wrong, personal freedom is personal freedom. Sure some stoners don't care about anything else but most people I know who are into personal freedom are into all of it, property rights, gun rights, freedom from gov overreach, taxes. We are libertarians, some don't even smoke pot anymore but still know that it should not be a crime.

I don't live in oil country, the crime rate only went up in oil country, the rest of the state is still virtually crime free. And I tell you what, pot is still not causing any probs whatsoever in itself, Meth, Heroin and pharmaceuticals are the big problems!
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:12:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I've enjoyed visiting Amsterdam in the past, but I didn't want to live there.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:16:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:49:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyways, what I should have just said was thank you Coloradan patriots for your continued fight against gun control and also for your votes supporting personal freedom and property rights!
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:12:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Different people living under different laws and lifestyles can see liberty in different ways. If my state would go to the same regulations as CO on pot It would be very liberating for a guy like me. I could grow 3-6 plants on my property in a secure area and not have to worry about prison time or feel like a criminal. (I do not grow weed here but I do grow a large veggie garden). I really don't smoke large amounts so I would pay minimal taxes at the dispensaries (yes co tax is way high). Until my 3 plants might produce for me making me completely self reliant and tax free. Pot is not my life but I do not drink or use any pharmaceuticals and I think I should have the right to have a puff at night on my own property.
Thanks for your comments and questions, anymore and this may need to be moved over to the politics page.

Don't tread on anyone.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:41:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't worry, brah.  Most of us don't care if you're burning one at home while watching TV or cleaning your bathroom.  You wouldn't be violating anyone's rights, so I don't have any business telling you can't (and neither does anyone else or the govt.).  The problem is that about 87% of people are control freaks to some degree and their tendencies come in a variety of flavors.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:58:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:57:22 PM EDT
[#17]
I agree with Dave on the fact that 64 created more bureaucracy and that part was stupid, as is the 25% tax which didn't get them the revenue that was expected (because the tax is too high).  However, I still saw it as an improvement since now people generally won't go to jail or get a ticket for doing something which violates no one's rights.  Also, if you don't want to pay the tax, then grow your own or get it from your dealer you were using before 64 passed.  I'd like to see the taxes on weed and booze be the same as that on a toaster.  "Sin taxes" are almost as stupid as "hate crimes."
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:44:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Different people living under different laws and lifestyles can see liberty in different ways. If my state would go to the same regulations as CO on pot It would be very liberating for a guy like me. I could grow 3-6 plants on my property in a secure area and not have to worry about prison time or feel like a criminal. (I do not grow weed here but I do grow a large veggie garden). I really don't smoke large amounts so I would pay minimal taxes at the dispensaries (yes co tax is way high). Until my 3 plants might produce for me making me completely self reliant and tax free. Pot is not my life but I do not drink or use any pharmaceuticals and I think I should have the right to have a puff at night on my own property.
Thanks for your comments and questions, anymore and this may need to be moved over to the politics page.

Don't tread on anyone.
View Quote

You include this info on the 4473? Until the Feds get their grubby hands on it, not that they don't already. It's still a fed crime that has the potential to jeopardize one's right to own firearms.
As i mentioned before what one does at home is no one's business, nor does anyone have any right or say what you do there.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:45:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Ya I agree on that. Seems like that is something that must be worked though...look at alcohol and tobacco...you don't hear of any problems with home growers and Brewers, pot shouldn't be much different once the green rush is over. They have to regulate the commercial growers...just like Brewers and tobacco growers.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:25:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ya I agree on that. Seems like that is something that must be worked though...look at alcohol and tobacco...you don't hear of any problems with home growers and Brewers, pot shouldn't be much different once the green rush is over. They have to regulate the commercial growers...just like Brewers and tobacco growers.
View Quote

A libertarian in favor of REGULATION
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:30:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:58:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Yes Jim, do you hear about home brewers and home tobacco growers being hassled by much regulation? I said commercial growers, just like booze and tobacco. Pretty much anything sold in stores goes through some kind of regulation. I'm not an anarchist. And no, I don't buy guns from dealers, I have in the past but I have never lied on any gov forms.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top