Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2014 6:01:37 PM EDT
I need a small game permit, right?
Not really interesting in pelts, just blasting some vermin.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#1]
if you are on private property blasting em, no permit required.  No season either, just find em, shoot em, and sell the hides

Link Posted: 11/14/2014 7:58:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool.
And public land?
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 8:43:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cool.
And public land?
View Quote

Permit required for public land.  Make sure it's also land you can legally hunt and possess a firearm on.

Caliber restrictions do not apply for small game hunting (which coyotes fall under) and I'm fairly certain that the magazine limit of five rounds doesn't apply either, but it's been a while so I'm not 100% certain.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 9:02:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Caliber restrictions DO apply to small game during regular big game rifle seasons.

No weapons over .23 caliber during normal rifle elk/deer west of I25 unless you have an elk/deer tag as well for that time/unit.

I hunt yotes with a .243, so I have to be mindful of this.  Don't want anyone getting in trouble with the man....

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 11:09:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I have been wanting to hunt coyote for a while now. I don't know anyone who does it and I don't want to go at it alone my first time. If anyone would not mind me tagging along I would really appreciate it. I live in Castle Rock. Let me know!
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 1:48:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
if you are on private property blasting em, no permit required.  No season either, just find em, shoot em, and sell the hides

http://www.op4hunts.com/photo_gallery/coyote2.jpg
View Quote

Where is that law?

AFAIK you can hunt coyotes without a license only during big game season if you have an unfulfilled big game tag for the same season and unit. If you are not hunting big game a small game license is required to hunt coyote. Public or private land doesn't matter.

You are correct that there is no season or limits.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 4:48:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Where is that law?

AFAIK you can hunt coyotes without a license only during big game season if you have an unfulfilled big game tag for the same season and unit. If you are not hunting big game a small game license is required to hunt coyote. Public or private land doesn't matter.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where is that law?

Under Colorado Wildlife Statute 33-6-107 (9), Wildlife Commission Regulation (WCR) 305(A), WCR 1000(A), WCR 312 and WCR 325, there are NO license or season requirements for taking nuisance wildlife on private land as the owner or agent thereof.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 11:17:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Under Colorado Wildlife Statute 33-6-107 (9), Wildlife Commission Regulation (WCR) 305(A), WCR 1000(A), WCR 312 and WCR 325, there are NO license or season requirements for taking nuisance wildlife on private land as the owner or agent thereof.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where is that law?

Thanks for that.  The info is the first cite. The others don't reference the subject.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:27:20 AM EDT
[#9]
before I went huntin yotes I watched these videos,  randy is good with the caller and they can be funny
http://callingcoyotes.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top