Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2014 10:46:37 AM EDT

I guess I put my name on the list 2 years ago and today I get the e-mail saying they have openings.  Is it a good place to shoot?  I'm south of Longmont so it would be about an hr drive each way and I'm wondering if I should go for it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:07:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Used to belong when I lived in Loveland.  I liked it.  Range is OK, nothing stellar, but enough to get the job done and have fun while keeping membership costs low.  

Everyone I met there at the range was safety conscious, and friendly enough.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:41:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I guess I put my name on the list 2 years ago and today I get the e-mail saying they have openings.  Is it a good place to shoot?  I'm south of Longmont so it would be about an hr drive each way and I'm wondering if I should go for it.
View Quote

ABSOLUTELY.  We've been members for 20+ years.Will it be a drive for you,yes, so's pawnee. The club is busier on the weekends, moderately so during the week. They ask you to attend an orientation one saturday. IF you miss it, you'll never get on the list / called again. UNLESS there's a valid reason for needing to reschedule. There are lots of shooting events put on there, which you don't need to be a member to attend. Now till 1st week of oct they are fairly busy with the usual suspects sighting in their hunting rig. Some need to, others probably still on the same 20rd box they purchased back in oh, 78.

. ONE thing to consider, less now than the hey day of gun ban mania.
IF, IF the .gov were to make firearm ownership / possession difficult, Like places around the world. Being a member of a shooting range / club may be our saving grace. It's one of the reasons we encourage people to join a gun club / range.. YMMV

UPDATE. NCR&GC, IS NOT WCFW  MY BAD i was all over the place with ranges, this am. Who knows where i was, as usual. ANYWAY the NCR&GC is a nice range, having shot competitions there before and been a guest.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:03:56 PM EDT
[#3]
It is a great range.  I have been a member for four years, just got my 2014-2015 badge.

It was worth the year and a half on the waiting list.  They continue to make improvements to the ranges, so it just keeps getting better and better.  Everyone is friendly, and on some mornings I have been the only one on the rifle or pistol range.

Highly recommended!

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:12:18 PM EDT
[#4]

So far it sounds like I should go for it.  Is the skeet range manned?  The website says $4/round (I'm assuming to cover cost of clays, maintenance, etc), but doesn't say if you need someone with you to man the high/low launchers.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:57:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So far it sounds like I should go for it.  Is the skeet range manned?  The website says $4/round (I'm assuming to cover cost of clays, maintenance, etc), but doesn't say if you need someone with you to man the high/low launchers.
View Quote

I could be wrong, but I believe the launchers are only operational during organized sessions.  Otherwise you'll need to bring your own launching gear.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 3:11:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I used to belong but didn't use it enough to justify it, it is a nice range.

The skeet is only manned during events.

It was never very busy considering they have 700 members.

My only complaint is on the rifle range the longer distances are up a hill.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 3:46:27 PM EDT
[#7]
You're welcome.  I didn't renew this year with my move to Idaho about to be completed.  Do it, and enjoy.  They have made a lot of improvements over the last couple years.

Shotguns is every other sunday.  Pistol competitions are the opposite sundays.

Show up at the rifle range mid week and you often have it to yourself (except right before hunting season).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top