Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2014 6:20:14 AM EDT
Headed out your way this week for the NIN/Soundgarden show at Red Rocks.  My SIL will be playing host to my wife and I, and she is badgering us with 'what else' we want to do.  

What say you, CO?  We've done the Coors, Bud, and Fat Tire tours already.  She's in Westminster.  Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 7:30:10 AM EDT
[#1]
You're going to Red Rocks?  If you aren't drinking, bring a gun.  Bring all your friends that have guns.

Georgetown Loop RR and the silver mine tour is pretty cool if you haven't been...only about 45 mins west on I-70.  Coors Field does tours.  Check out some boobies at the Tilted Kilt on the 16th Street mall.  Red Rocks is worth checking out and hiking around when there isn't a show going on.  Rocky Mountain National Park is worth checking out as long as there aren't any thunderstorms.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 8:01:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Red/Blue.  We've done the Coors Field tour, too.  I'll look into the silver mines.

Also, kinda important--the wife is 5 months preggo with twins.  Unfortunately, that puts any serious hiking on hold.  :(
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 10:20:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Not sure if wife would be too far along, but you can go try the zip line tour near Idaho Springs.  I'm sure it would be at least a little fun.

Estes Park/Rocky Mountain National Park.  Travel Trail Ridge Road down into Grand Lake.Can return through Winter Park/I 70/Golden. If so, stop at the Sweet Shop in Empire for some ice cream.  Since you are over there, you might drive to the top of Mt. Evans.

Visit all of the sitting Colorado politicians that voted for the gun laws and thank them for not pursuing politics in your home state.

Maybe fish the Big Thompson (unless the fishing has been destroyed along with everything else by the floods).  

A little out of the box, but one thing I've contemplated doing with my wife is going around the city and taking photographs with all of the art.  I find it atrocious, but it provides a cool backdrop.  Would be a cool thing potentially in the future to take your soon-to-be son(s)/daughter(s) and have the pictures taken again with you all in them.   If this is something you might be interested in trying, send me a PM and I'll try to pull together some locations of some of the crazier/bigger "art" pieces.

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 12:17:24 PM EDT
[#4]
well if you like critters the Wild life sanctuary is bad ass!!! tigers and lions and tons of bears but it involves about two miles of waking over a boardwalk. the zoo is pretty neat too!!
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 3:01:46 PM EDT
[#5]
5 points, riding light rail and checking out each stop in the 5P area, is worth the price of admission. I'd suggest an attorney on speed dial and extra mags. KEEP them under 15 rds. Those 16+ ones are game changers.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 4:46:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
5 points, riding light rail and checking out each stop in the 5P area, is worth the price of admission. I'd suggest an attorney on speed dial and extra mags. KEEP them under 15 rds. Those 16+ ones are game changers.
View Quote

Hmm, I carry 20rd mags in Denver at least 6 days a week.... guess I'm living on the edge since I left my receipts for them at home to prove I had them before the mag limit went into law just incase some LEO decides to question me about my papers.  I will caveat this by saying I share a bed with my attorney nightly so yes, she is certainly on speed dial.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top